The Jungle Book - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jungle Book Reviews

½ November 26, 2016
childhood favourite. still sing the songs from time to time
November 9, 2016
This is a 1976 classic Disney movie that is a funny movie for kids and family to enjoy, the singing in this movie was good so see this classic!
½ October 31, 2016
Hardly one of Disney's greatest, but a vibrant and memorable one at that.
October 29, 2016
161027: Had to refresh my memory regarding this film after seeing the 2016 version. Considering its release date, this film still has fantastic art and, what I will now call, a decent story. Decent only because the 2016 film stole my heart...and has a story that appeals more to my nature. Though similar, the each film has a totally different outcome. Personally, I like that Mowgli who wants to stay in the jungle and is much better equipped to do so. The 1967 Mowgli suffers from tombstone courage, an annoying trait that would not result in this film's happy ending. But, times have changed and with that I have changed as well. Look forward to having the 2016 Blu-Ray sitting next to this DVD. Both are worth having in the collection.
October 8, 2016
Someone give that boy some nipples. Anyway, this movie is just fine. It's really meh. Shere Khan is the only great part of this movie. Milt Kahl is kind of a legend.
September 2, 2016
One of the films of my childhood, I cannot give it a different mark, although when I rewatched yesterday after maybe ten years I still found it an incredible movie but maybe only for small children.
½ August 24, 2016
Untouchable interpretation.
August 15, 2016
As Walt's last film, The Jungle Book was very good! The characters are very likable and the songs are catchy.
½ August 12, 2016
After a mediocre effort with the The Sword in the Stone, the studio gets back on track here with what might be the best Disney film of the pre-Renaissance era. Tackling Rudyard Kipling's Mowgli stories, the producers ventured out of their comfort zone and brought the India-based jungle tale to life with an end product that is pure, unrequited revelry. From instantly admirable characters from the big oaf Baloo and the rambunctious colonel Hathi and his patrol. Excellent voice acting and original designs give these animals some life, even given its low detailed animation. The Jungle Book also boasts some delightful, jazzy tunes courtesy of the Sherman Brothers (masterminds behind most of Disney's older musical hits) and it's hard not to tap your foot and sing along to songs like the scat-jam "I Wanna' Be like You".
August 8, 2016
The film is a total masterpiece in childhood and adulthood. The songs are catchy and fun, the animation is smooth and clean, the characters & villains are charming and intelligent, and the ending is a passionate conclusion to Mowgli meeting the love of his life as he follows the girl to the man village & this ending is also a magical & peaceful final frontier to Walt Disney flying to the heavens.
July 25, 2016
Really great classic. The characters were the best and it's a fun move to sing along to.
July 22, 2016
While it's not Disney's greatest effort, it's still a solid one; filled with several memorable characters.
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
Loved it, Cool sing along songs, Probably my favorite classic Disney film and should be passed down to the next generations.
July 18, 2016
OK guys, heres what I'm going to do. This is definitely one of disneys last films. Me and my friend Harry loved it. We were quoting all the lines all the way through and I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is so much fun. The songs are memorable, The March Song, I Wanna Be Like You, Trust In Me, That's What Friends Are For and the one The Bare Necessities. My favorite part about this film is Baloo singing The Bare Necessities. There are all that I really love like I Wanna Be Like You and The March Song. The music sounds the same much like from Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, The Sword in the Stone and others. I even found the opening music creepy when I was a kid, well not that creepy. The villain is brilliant and he's name is Shere Khan and he hates men and do whatever it to kill Mowgli. Bagheera has all the loyalty he can get. By the way, Bagheera is not just a cat he's a panther, a black panther and he sure reminds me of the pink panther. Well that's it, that's The Jungle Book the last disney classic he had ever made. You'll enjoy the characters, the animation and the catchiest songs ever.
½ July 17, 2016
Jungle book a another disney classic. Great animation, catchy songs, and great script.
July 14, 2016
The Jungle Book is bright, beautiful and fun. It's filled with a vibrant jungle, dancing, unique characters that dance, sing and deceive. It's lighter and more focused on being silly than the remake. It has a lot of really fun characters. Baloo is awesome as the happy-go-lucky, goofy black bear and the "Bear Necessities" song is still one of my favorites. I didn't remember that Shir Kan really isn't all that terrifying of a villain until the very end. He's snobby and refined, but pretty mellow until the finale. The snake is creepier, the Militant regiment of Elephants was amusing and the King monkey is way more wacky and less aggressive in the original. He dances around and tickles people and shouts gobblety-gook. As a child, I totally missed that the monkey was looking for fire. This movie actually introduced the idea of fire in a much more subtle way. One problem with the remake is that it beat you over the head with the idea of "tricks" and the "red flower". Jungle Book is harmless, colorful and fun adventure with a few scattered darker moments.
July 13, 2016
The crown jewel in Disney's series of old animated classics. Never has a friendship like Mowgli and Baloo been so perfectly depicted in animated form before then. Even by live action standards, the relationship between it's central pair is still help in high regard today. A toe-tapping wondrous film that really lets us get in touch with the bare necessities of life.
July 6, 2016
great characters. classic.
July 2, 2016
With the strenght of charisma, delightful characters and voice casting, The Jungle Book is strong enough to endure itself as another Disney classic, even with it's lack of deep story development.