The Jungle Book - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jungle Book Reviews

½ May 26, 2017
With animation fluidity, songs, and characters this enjoyable, it's no wonder why it remains a strong Disney classic.
May 13, 2017
Great Kid's musical cartoon. Well done!
May 2, 2017
Jungle book I thought was ok the songs where good I like the song( I want to be like you) so see this movie I all so like the song called( my own home)
It's a pretty silly movie in some ways. Now they made a second one and that would be the SQL.
March 20, 2017
Great childhood movie.
March 18, 2017
It may have nothing to do with the original book and the characters aren't really developed, but the story is still fun and engaging, the characters still have a likable personality and the animation is as great as Disney's animation gets.
Story:8|10
Animation:10|10
Characters:8|10
Overall:8|10
March 1, 2017
Le Livre de la Jungle a pour lui des chansons entraînantes, des personnages sympathiques et des décors vraiment jolis. Malheureusement, Wolfgang Reitherman n'en fait pas grand chose. En effet, le film est un assemblage de scénettes pas forcément très intéressantes, mais plutôt réussies dans leur ensemble. Mais cela ne fait pas un film et l'ennui pointe très vite le bout de son nez devant Le Livre de la Jungle. Rien ne se passe avant le troisième acte et tout va beaucoup trop vite à ce moment-là. Il n'y a rien de touchant, il est difficile de s'attacher à Mowgli. C'est très dommage et cela rappelle la triste époque où les Disney étaient plus connus pour leurs chansons que pour les films en tant que tels (bonjour La Petite Sirène).
February 20, 2017
I grew up watching this movie, something my family is always interested in.
½ February 10, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyable animated adaptation of the Kipling story about a young boy who grows up in the jungle and befriends other animals. Some jazzy tunes including 'Bear Necessities'
January 31, 2017
I remember as a kid, I would watch it at least 5 times a week, the songs were cache, the characters are beautifully developed, including Shere Khan who is my favorite villain.
January 15, 2017
The songs remain as catchy as ever, and this film stands as a tribute to the enduring appeal of some of the best work of Walt Disney himself.
December 27, 2016
An ok film, just wished it was more closer to the book.
½ December 21, 2016
The story doesn't have nearly as much substance as the original Rudyard Kipling novel, and the animation is only kind of decent, but at least a good deal of the characters and songs are genuinely enjoyable to sit through.
½ November 26, 2016
childhood favourite. still sing the songs from time to time
November 9, 2016
This is a 1976 classic Disney movie that is a funny movie for kids and family to enjoy, the singing in this movie was good so see this classic!
½ October 31, 2016
Hardly one of Disney's greatest, but a vibrant and memorable one at that.
October 29, 2016
161027: Had to refresh my memory regarding this film after seeing the 2016 version. Considering its release date, this film still has fantastic art and, what I will now call, a decent story. Decent only because the 2016 film stole my heart...and has a story that appeals more to my nature. Though similar, the each film has a totally different outcome. Personally, I like that Mowgli who wants to stay in the jungle and is much better equipped to do so. The 1967 Mowgli suffers from tombstone courage, an annoying trait that would not result in this film's happy ending. But, times have changed and with that I have changed as well. Look forward to having the 2016 Blu-Ray sitting next to this DVD. Both are worth having in the collection.
October 8, 2016
Someone give that boy some nipples. Anyway, this movie is just fine. It's really meh. Shere Khan is the only great part of this movie. Milt Kahl is kind of a legend.
September 2, 2016
One of the films of my childhood, I cannot give it a different mark, although when I rewatched yesterday after maybe ten years I still found it an incredible movie but maybe only for small children.
½ August 24, 2016
Untouchable interpretation.
August 15, 2016
As Walt's last film, The Jungle Book was very good! The characters are very likable and the songs are catchy.