The Jungle Book - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jungle Book Reviews

December 4, 2017
This movie is okay, but it is far from being the best animated film by Disney. It does have a few memorable moments, even though the story doesn't really flow well. The 2016 live action version is by far the superior version to watch.
October 29, 2017
A sweet and loving movie.
October 21, 2017
This was my very first film as a baby, and I love it even more today! This movie offers clever writing, nice animation, lovable characters, and an amazing soundtrack. If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it NOW! It is a great dedication to Walt Disney.
September 30, 2017
Another wonderfully charming and beautifully animated Disney classic especially with all the technicolor. God, do I miss technicolor. I watched this movie when I was a young lad, but I don't remember how cool and jazzy the whole movie was. Now with my deep appreciation for music, I can say this one has one of the best soundtracks. Very heartfelt and fun movie.

Will be watching this again.
½ September 15, 2017
A Walt Disney classic.
½ September 3, 2017
Jungle book is a ok movie. There is a young man cub named Mowgli and he is getting hunted by a tiger named Shere Khan so Bagheera has to take him to the man village to stay safe. But Mowgli meets a Bare named Balool and they start to have fun however later in the movie Mowgli faces the tiger! Then here's somebody singing and it is Shanti and I would say Mowgli gets love struck, and Shanti leeward him in to the man village where he is safe for now. Remember they made a second one!
August 3, 2017
A fantastic Disney classic, that marks the last project where the great Mr. Walt Disney was involved, with luxuorious visuals and aniamtion, super funny songs and characters, and an enjoyable story in general!

|It's an 7,9 out of 10|
August 1, 2017
A true heartwarming adventure and a Disney classic!
July 28, 2017
If you're planning to add another film to your collection of Disney DVDs, The Jungle Book is a bare necessity. One of the last films Walt Disney was involved in, this film serves as a more than satisfactory conclusion to his film career with his personal touches and whatnot. With memorable characters, catchy singalong songs sung by audiences young and old to this very day and loads of good humour, The Jungle Book is a true classic within the Walt Disney Animated Classics. Some of the best humour in a Disney movie ever. Audiences of all ages will enjoy the slapstick humour that borrows from Looney Tunes. The Bare Necessities: one of the catchiest songs you'll ever hear in your entire life. I wish I could say more but I prefer not to drag on in this review. So...in terms of what I've prevoiusly written...that's it I guess. A great, hilarious, warmhearted and unforgettable Disney flick.
June 11, 2017
I love the chemistry between the characters, the fantastic animation quality crafted by the animators at Disney, and memorable songs. All of this is what makes The Jungle Book a fun film for any Disney fan or just for the whole family to enjoy.
½ June 6, 2017
An all time favorite of mine as a child! And it still is to this day! What can I say? This film has some of the best and most iconic Disney characters of the Cannon! Baloo, Bagheera, Mowlgi, Kaa, King Louie, SHERE KHAN, the list goes on! The animation is beautiful and lively. And the songs are outstanding and catchy! While I think the story is yet again episodic and almost plot less, there is no doubt in my mind that the rest of the movie is able to carry on despite it. Recommended for all movie fans who love Disney!
½ June 1, 2017
Such a great animated classic. The songs are catchy and the characters are vibrant. Love this one.
½ May 26, 2017
With animation fluidity, songs, and characters this enjoyable, it's no wonder why it remains a strong Disney classic.
May 13, 2017
Great Kid's musical cartoon. Well done!
May 2, 2017
Jungle book I thought was ok the songs where good I like the song( I want to be like you) so see this movie I all so like the song called( my own home)
It's a pretty silly movie in some ways. Now they made a second one and that would be the SQL.
March 20, 2017
Great childhood movie.
March 18, 2017
It may have nothing to do with the original book and the characters aren't really developed, but the story is still fun and engaging, the characters still have a likable personality and the animation is as great as Disney's animation gets.
Story:8|10
Animation:10|10
Characters:8|10
Overall:8|10
March 1, 2017
Le Livre de la Jungle a pour lui des chansons entraînantes, des personnages sympathiques et des décors vraiment jolis. Malheureusement, Wolfgang Reitherman n'en fait pas grand chose. En effet, le film est un assemblage de scénettes pas forcément très intéressantes, mais plutôt réussies dans leur ensemble. Mais cela ne fait pas un film et l'ennui pointe très vite le bout de son nez devant Le Livre de la Jungle. Rien ne se passe avant le troisième acte et tout va beaucoup trop vite à ce moment-là. Il n'y a rien de touchant, il est difficile de s'attacher à Mowgli. C'est très dommage et cela rappelle la triste époque où les Disney étaient plus connus pour leurs chansons que pour les films en tant que tels (bonjour La Petite Sirène).
February 20, 2017
I grew up watching this movie, something my family is always interested in.
½ February 10, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyable animated adaptation of the Kipling story about a young boy who grows up in the jungle and befriends other animals. Some jazzy tunes including 'Bear Necessities'