Insomnia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Insomnia Reviews

½ January 15, 2018
Entertaining, but at the same time I don't want to see it again.
January 15, 2018
Perhaps slightly less attention-grabbing than Nolan's other works but certainly not inferior. Robin Williams steals the show with a brilliantly understated performance.
December 25, 2017
F

8.1

[Christopher Nolan]
½ December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Magníficas actuaciones, excelente guión, interesante trama, otro buen trabajo de Nolan, que sabe lo que hace cuando de hacer películas se trata.
December 4, 2017
pretty good action movie!
December 2, 2017
Maybe if Pacino's character was forced to watch this movie, he could cure his insomnia. Solid and forgettable bore.
½ November 24, 2017
Definitely different from Nolan's films. I do enjoy a good crime movie, and Nolan accomplished a great one. Still sad there wasn't a mind boggling ending that made me question my own world, but I'll let Nolan do what wants. It was so crazy to see Robin Williams in this sort of light, great casting with him, Al Pacino and Hilary Swank.
½ October 24, 2017
I can confidently say this is my least favourite Christopher nolan movie but still great!
October 17, 2017
Great film. I was hooked from the start the story is very interesting and the film was surspensful and entertaining
September 26, 2017
To no surprise, Christopher Nolan has created a film that he intends to immerse you in rather than just watch. The plot, not written by him, is simpler than his usual films but written so well and shot magnificently accompanied by 3 incredible performances from its stars.
½ September 8, 2017
very underrated... phenomenal use of tone and worthy reimagination of the original
½ September 7, 2017
Insomnia is directed by Christopher Nolan, and it stars Al Pacino, Robin Williams, and Hilary Swank in a psychological cat-and-mouse film about a Los Angeles detective that is looking for the murderer in an Alaskan town, while trying to get himself out of a situation when he accidentally shot his partner dead and is not getting enough sleep over it. I was trying to think of another film in my DirecTV list to watch, but then I had a thought of watching a film from Christopher Nolan because I really enjoyed his work, and with Insomnia, this is quite an impressive remake feat, even if I haven't seen the original. Al Pacino is fantastic as he always is, and does a great job of just acting very tired while trying to do his job. Hilary Swank is not in it that much, but she's also pretty good that I wonder why not many people talk about her, post-Million Dollar Baby. The one actor that I was surprised to see be a completely different type of character, is Robin Williams because he's quite intimidating at times, and quite menacing in a manipulative way that makes you wonder if what he's saying is true, which is thanks to the direction by Christopher Nolan and the writing by Hillary Seitz, with Christopher Nolan rewriting the last draft. The plot may seem like something out of a Criminal Minds' episode, but it's more than just that and has a lot of intelligence that make it stand out. Some of the cinematography looks gorgeous of the Alaskan place, and I was interested in what's going on, for the most part that is as there were times that were very slow for me to handle. As it is however, Insomnia is still a very chilling film that I didn't realize that he hasn't made a rated R film in 15 years which is interesting knowing that he started making those type of films when he starting making his directorial career.
August 24, 2017
8/24/2017: Meh. A really good cast, but a generally boring and forgettable movie.
August 23, 2017
very involving crime drama set against some stunning Alaskan scenery. 3 Oscar winners in 1 movie. doesn't happen that often. Complex writing and characters keep you glued from the first to last scene. A real good show here....
½ August 22, 2017
Complete Waste Of Time. The Reviews Are Misleading For Sure, Trust Me.
August 15, 2017
Nolan's most underrated film and one of his best despite playing it fairly straight forward...
½ August 7, 2017
A very good thriller! Awesome scenario!
August 1, 2017
Nolan knows how to make this thriller tick, letting the suspense climb and finally exploding in an exhilarating and satisfying finale. Al Pacino is always engaging but with Will Dormer a sleepy, seasoned detective Pacino creates something brilliant and everlasting. The best part is the Shakespearian ending and it's ability to out shine the original with an American flare.
July 29, 2017
****
Although it doesn't break any new ground, 'Insomnia' is a well-made, highly entertaining cop thriller with excellent performances and an intriguing story-line.
July 20, 2017
Insomnia is a well crafted mystery film directed by Christopher Nolan. Nolan does a good with this film and proves once again that he is no doubt one of the best directors in Hollywood today. Al Pacino is great in this film and really steals the show from everybody. Insomnia has twists and turns that will keep you guessing the entire movie.