King Arthur - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King Arthur Reviews

December 10, 2017
Uninteresting plot and bad casting. The battle scenes hold merit but that doesn't keep this movie from being bad.
½ November 1, 2017
If you really like the King Arthur lore and expect this film to be faithful, I don't recommend watching it. If you're open to some changes, then sure, give it a go. As for myself, I thought it was entertaining enough to spend some hours watching. There are some entertaining action scenes with a serviceable story (if somewhat generic). The casting was hit-or-miss: I liked Mads Mikkelsen, and thought Clive Owen was alright, but Stellan Skarsgard was really bland, and Ioan Gruffud overacted. And even though some of the dialogues were downright ridiculous, I didn't think it was that bad. 5.5/10
½ August 17, 2017
Not bad for a mildly entertaining flick. Nothing special or noteworthy characteristics. Good supporting cast.
½ July 24, 2017
Interesting reinterpretation of the King Arthur story, stripped of all magic and myth, and set to an actual historical backdrop. A great cast elevates this from ok to good, but this version fails to tell a legendary tale.
jamrcla
July 16, 2017
Very underrated film, Good story, The battle scenes were brilliant, very entertaining and all the cast were great.
June 24, 2017
one of my favorite movies of all time. no matter what the critic consensus is.
½ May 16, 2017
Couldn't look away! Even through the "slow" parts the story pulled me in. Loved the cast, soundtrack, storyline and visuals.
April 2, 2017
Overall entertaining movie!
½ March 31, 2017
sorry but casting Clive Owen insults the legend. Knightly can't act but the supporting cast are better
½ March 4, 2017
The best King Arthur movie I've ever seen.
½ February 12, 2017
170212: A unique and enjoyable take on King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Tristan (Mads Mikkelsen) was my favorite but there are other great characters held within this action packed film. Loved the idea of the Woads (Native Britions) as allies to Artorius (Clive Owen) and his loyal Sarmatian Calvary. Their use of women in battle gave the Woads an edge and seeing Guinevere (Keira Knightley) accentuated in the colour blue was great touch. Fun film in my eyes.
February 2, 2017
It tried to be a drama, but ended up being an action comedy.
½ November 25, 2016
While the acting and dialogue wasn't very good, I liked the overall story of this King Arthur. The action was pretty good. Overall I felt it was an ok movie.
November 14, 2016
Entertaining enough but you just can't make history up.
November 10, 2016
History is not Hollywood movie or a sweet fair tale. Watch movies like KIng Arthur more often to appreciate that you do - if you indeed do - are living in safe civilized country
November 10, 2016
A classic story portrayed by a beautiful, strong and talented cast. It's a different take on a story told many times. It shows us Arthur's humble and honourable beginnings, a period not necessarily as glamorous or romantic as when he was king.
November 5, 2016
This movie was basically The Magnificent Seven. The fight for freedom from invaders. The acting was good, as was the story and battle scenes. The dramatic affect given to this movie gives a Shakespearean feel. I liked it.
½ September 27, 2016
King Arthur best part is when the knights are facing off against their opponents using their bows and arrows. Apart from that it's not engaging enough to overly enjoy.
September 20, 2016
The best King Arthur movie. Great acting and a very well written story. Love the soundtrack as well!
August 17, 2016
A great idea, but executed with lackluster. Clive Owen's performance may become a reference on how Pelagian Christians practiced their faith.