The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Reviews

June 28, 2016
Love all there movies
June 28, 2016
She had to hurt jacob which I the but I love the romance in twilight.
June 25, 2016
Bella and Edward always finding new challanges.
June 24, 2016
I have seen all the other movies multiple times and I think I like eclipse the best the author should make more like the eclipse or just more in jenral
½ June 8, 2016
Eclipse is the beset Twilight movie so far and now I'm starting to give this series a little mercy. Yes, the writing is still bad, the CGI is awful, there's no chemistry between the leads, there's a lot of laughable dialogue, and terrible characters, but I enjoyed the movie and that's what movies are supposed to do. I'm actually going to watch the next movie with an open mind even if this movie wasn't that good.
½ May 26, 2016
Dark, brooding, and dull.
½ April 29, 2016
twilight and new moon was awesome but eclipse will be alot better
April 24, 2016
More of the same really. There acting still poor and the story seems to be forced in order to cover up this love triangle. Highly forgettable.
April 4, 2016
David Slade is the perfect director for this. It's stylish, entertaining and has a lot of character developpement. The only big mistake is all this build up for an anti-climatic five minutes battle.
½ April 3, 2016
Loved it a little Korney... Awesome :D
½ March 10, 2016
Sloppy teen-romance, disgrace to the horror of vampires, dumb moments, poor acting, terrible dialog, too many pauses, yaddayadda. This entry does little to add on to the story, or to move it along. A wasted two hours.
February 17, 2016
Possibly the worst of the series, it could be easily subtracted from the whole without any loss. With awful dialogue, ridiculous plot contrivances and painful acting by everyone, it is a mystery how a poor narrative like this can be called a "saga" when nothing ever really happens.
February 11, 2016
Despite an improvement over the god-awful "New Moon", this third instalment is still filled with wooden acting, and a poor attempt at blending fantasy action and romance together.
January 30, 2016
Script keeps you, anticipating more?
January 28, 2016
BEST FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN ALSO MY FAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ January 20, 2016
No surprise- bad and stiff acting
½ January 18, 2016
With each new film in the blockbuster "Twilight Saga," I keep looking for something, anything, that will elevate the latest above the previous dismal efforts. As much as I may like to inform that the third go-around accomplishes that feat, I must regrettably write that "Eclipse" is more of the same: overwrought and amateurish acting drenched in maudlin, intermittently interrupted by stale action sequences... now including vampire decapitations, kids !!! Of course when a series of films is as profitable as this, it should not come as a surprise that the filmmakers are not as concerned with striving to make improvements. The familiar is much easier to fall lock-step in line with, instead of actually honing in on a different kind of approach. Regardless of their efforts, fans of Meyer's books and these actors are going to turn out in droves on opening weekend to spend their disposable income anyway. At least they did introduce one new ingredient, bringing aboard another accomplished actress (Bryce Dallas Howard takes over the role of Victoria) to go along with Dakota Fanning, who joined the cast in "New Moon." Unfortunately, both are wasted in unmemorable, vastly underdeveloped roles. If Howard's character is supposed to be such a danger to everyone, then it would make sense to demonstrate why, rather than just having her stalk about the woods looking all mischievous, right up until the local werewolves frighten her into running for her life. Really, that is supposed to make Victoria appear intimidating? Pattinson and Stewart continue their characters' on-screen relationship, representing perhaps the most boringly depicted romance in film history. I can recall nothing they say or do that is exactly interesting, and no woman I have ever known would enjoy spending time with such a dullard as that bloodsucker. Their lack of chemistry is only surpassed by the ongoing, comically inept stare-down between rivals, Edward and Jacob. That scene between Pattinson and Lautner inside the tent near the end of the film is indicative of everything that I find wrong with this series, particularly the horribly penned dialogue dryly delivered by actors not nearly skilled enough to obscure the script's weaknesses with their performances. The only positive comments I am able to provide is that the outdoor view of the northern landscape looks spectacular, especially those overhead tracking shots, and for but a fleeting moment at the beginning of the film I do believe I heard the familiar sounds of The Black Keys playing. Otherwise, chalk this up as another wreck in a series that will blessedly be over after two more films.
½ January 10, 2016
Yes, these films have been popular.

The way to describe Twilight is as a fantasy/ love story. There are some very dubious messages about relationships.
January 9, 2016
Better Than New Moon But Still Sucks
December 21, 2015
It looks really really good and I cant wait to see it