The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Reviews

½ October 15, 2016
All been good but this is the best of the 3 so far. Watched them all on DVD about a year ago now going back through them on Blu Ray. So enjoying them even more. Exciting build up to the battle and lots going on with the wolves and vampires. Good final battle with Victoria. Enjoyed it alot.
October 4, 2016
More teenage angst and more brooding close ups galore. This franchise has a good story to be fair, after reading up on the whole thing its actually pretty neat and better than Harry Potters ever confusing character mad adventures. I realise this is probably based more towards teenage girls but one problem with this film series is the frustrating teen hormones and flirting *yawn* it really does get fudging annoying and wrecks a good supernatural idea, and yes I know that's the whole idea of the premise but its still damn annoying. Bella continuously goes around pissing off both male leads because she can't choose *groan* so she continuously flirts between the two. What's so daft about the whole thing is how all the vampires in one coven, and all the shape shifters in one pack go out of their way to protect and shelter Bella despite putting themselves in mortal danger all the time!! I wouldn't.

In spite of many silly/annoying little factors this third film isn't actually too bad, the first was OK, the second was a little worse but this is better as we are in the thick of the plot now things are more interesting, we still gotta sit through allot of boring talk and teen love spewing but we do see some origin flashbacks for vamps and wolves plus a pretty good fight sequence at the end which makes up for allot of crapola. The CGI is still a touch dodgy with the wolves and generally nothing special but its just acceptable. Acting is more Aussie soap opera at best but again just acceptable. At the end I did find myself wanting to see the forth and final chapter so job done for the director.

This is probably the first 'soap opera' flick franchise I've come across and I'm actually liking it so far!! more 'Buffy' meets 'Beverly Hills 90210' but some how it does appeal to me, probably the vampire fanboy inside. Its slowly getting good after a sluggish start so don't write it off too quickly.
September 6, 2016
Ups The 'Mills & Boon' Sappy Love Story. I Laboured On Thru A 90min Love-Triangle Where Bella Herself Even Admits "I'm Switzerland", Poking Fun At The Whole Debacle Of Whom Has Who. The 10-15min Of Action At The End Sets The Scene For What Remains & Saves This Sad Addition To 'The Saga' That Seriously Is Lorded About Way Too Much For What It Actually Delivers.
July 29, 2016
Still can't be doing with all the soppiness and the film drags out a long time preparing for the main show down and I must admit I didn't expect the battle to be as good but that's the only reason my rating is so high.
June 28, 2016
Love all there movies
June 28, 2016
She had to hurt jacob which I the but I love the romance in twilight.
June 25, 2016
Bella and Edward always finding new challanges.
June 24, 2016
I have seen all the other movies multiple times and I think I like eclipse the best the author should make more like the eclipse or just more in jenral
½ June 8, 2016
Eclipse is the beset Twilight movie so far and now I'm starting to give this series a little mercy. Yes, the writing is still bad, the CGI is awful, there's no chemistry between the leads, there's a lot of laughable dialogue, and terrible characters, but I enjoyed the movie and that's what movies are supposed to do. I'm actually going to watch the next movie with an open mind even if this movie wasn't that good.
½ May 26, 2016
Dark, brooding, and dull.
½ April 29, 2016
twilight and new moon was awesome but eclipse will be alot better
April 24, 2016
More of the same really. There acting still poor and the story seems to be forced in order to cover up this love triangle. Highly forgettable.
April 4, 2016
David Slade is the perfect director for this. It's stylish, entertaining and has a lot of character developpement. The only big mistake is all this build up for an anti-climatic five minutes battle.
½ April 3, 2016
Loved it a little Korney... Awesome :D
½ March 10, 2016
Sloppy teen-romance, disgrace to the horror of vampires, dumb moments, poor acting, terrible dialog, too many pauses, yaddayadda. This entry does little to add on to the story, or to move it along. A wasted two hours.
February 17, 2016
Possibly the worst of the series, it could be easily subtracted from the whole without any loss. With awful dialogue, ridiculous plot contrivances and painful acting by everyone, it is a mystery how a poor narrative like this can be called a "saga" when nothing ever really happens.
February 11, 2016
Despite an improvement over the god-awful "New Moon", this third instalment is still filled with wooden acting, and a poor attempt at blending fantasy action and romance together.
January 30, 2016
Script keeps you, anticipating more?
January 28, 2016
½ January 20, 2016
No surprise- bad and stiff acting