Salt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Salt Reviews

January 7, 2017
Salt is directed by Philip Noyce, and it stars Angelina Jolie in an action thriller about a CIA agent who's interviewing a Russian defector who told her that the Russian spy is Evelyn Salt (Angelina Jolie), and she thinks that someone is setting her up and wants to get out of the situation. I never actually seen this film before, but what I remember of it, is that my mom watched it a lot during the time that it was released. So I gave it a watch, and it was honestly what I expected of this. Angelina Jolie's performance is one of the main points that hold this movie together, and she does a fantastic job in this that got me convinced to be at her side in this. The action scenes are entertaining to watch, even if there's less than what I thought, and the chasing scenes are very fun to watch and was seeing how smart her character was to get out of dire situations. You get to know a bit about Salt and want to see her get out of this as I did, but when when we find out who it was, that's when it starts to lose me a bit. It's very predictable to know what the twist is, and the way it was handled, didn't make sense at all which led me to a lot of questions, which the script doesn't have much answers to. The villains are forgettable and generic, and it feels kind of standard at times. Although I know that Salt wasn't trying to be anything special, it was trying to be a dumb fun action flick that'll entertain people who just wanted something to waste time on and get their money's worth, and while I recorded on DirecTV, I enjoyed from what I saw and wasn't disappointed.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 21, 2016
we would definitely be interested in seeing "SALT II". Rewatched 2016-12-21.
November 30, 2016
This movie actually wasn't bad. Nice plot with some original action. Nice story line and it's always refreshing to see those full juicy lips of Angelina Jolie ;)
½ November 21, 2016
Basically Black Widow's story... but with Angelina Jolie
½ November 4, 2016
Stereotypical action movie. Didnt really bring anything new to the table. Was fairly easy to see what was going to happen. Average film worth one watch. Wont be watched again. One more thing. Must be a very borderline 12. Wasnt really very happy with the 12 year old watching this. I would put it in the 15 category. Alot of violence.
November 3, 2016
Two stars; it's a cut and paste actioner. One star for plot and one star for the rich joke potential with this stinker.
October 13, 2016
I own this movie, and I love it!!! its a movie you watch all over again. great story, great acting, great action!! by far this is the best movie Angelina Jolie has done!
½ September 28, 2016
An unimpressive action thriller, Salt tries desperately to be the next The Bourne Identity, but brings nothing new to the table to differentiate itself; not to mention that the plot is completely absurd, and requires a lot of suspension of disbelief for it to even remotely work. The plot hits every beat of this kind of movie, including a twist that fails to pack a punch and an ending that deliberately keeps itself open for a sequel. For all of its faults in the storytelling department though, the action is handled pretty well: the various chase, hand-to-hand combat, and gunplay sequences are all tightly filmed, and the fact that Angeline Jolie did most of her own stunts is a nice little bonus to all the chaos. Jolie herself is solid, adding a nice layer of ambiguity to a role that necessitates it for this story to work. She really seems to enjoy playing a character: it's a shame, then, that she wastes a dedicated performance on a less than stellar spy flick.
July 30, 2016
I found this thriller to be enjoyable. Lots of action - some of it pretty unbelievable - and some twists in the story. Very well acted on all parts. I really like Jolie much more in these action movies than the dramas she does.
July 28, 2016
Although Angelina Jolie gives her all, Salt is a disappointing action thriller, as the story can sometimes be convoluted and unclear. It does, however, deliver enough action to entertain.
jamrcla
July 25, 2016
I went into this film not expecting much, And ok it's not great but it's not bad either, Jolie does well and carries the film, The action was ok but nothing new or memorable, The plot was ok abit weird and if you don't keep up it could be a kill joy, It was full of some nice twists that kept the film going but as an action film it's nothing we haven't seen before.
July 19, 2016
Delivers the action... Awesome plot!
½ July 14, 2016
I enjoyed the action secuences in the movie and also Angelina Jolie development on the screen but for some moments I didn't finish to understand why she was doing what she was doing, I would like the movie to gave me a little bit more context about the story not only of her but of the protagonists. It's a good movie if you want to relax and pass a good time watching something on your couch, but only that.
July 13, 2016
I think it is a nicely crafted film, and choosing Phillip Noyce as director is a perfect choice since he knows how to make nonsensical spy thrillers thrilling and entertaining (anybody remember "Patriot Games"?) I like Angelina Jolie as an actress and she gives it her all, but in the end I just didn't like the story. The set pieces are fine and the performances are not bad, but I just didn't care much about what's going on. "Salt" is preposterous and disposable, but mildly amusing.
June 28, 2016
Certainly not without holes and in parts incredulous, but Jolie does play the Bourne role well, so it is easily watchable
June 15, 2016
It was so much better than I thought it would be. Loved the twists and turns.
June 13, 2016
Better than I thought it would be. Loads of action, Angelina kicking arse (& getting her arse kicked), shootouts, explosions - everything you expect from an action movie - with a half-decent script, based on a good idea, not hugely-well realised, but a good popcorn munching Saturday night movie. Gonna go watch the Bourne movies now...
June 5, 2016
Pretty good. Good action, lots of thrills. Angelina didn't quite pull of the role to be a great action flick.
May 8, 2016