Salt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Salt Reviews

½ September 9, 2017
The intro along with the first quarter of the film will have you a bit vague, but it becomes clearer as you conclude the film. By the time you get to the final quarter of the movie, you'll be wishing for another two hours of this cool spy stuff.

Some of the action sequences will have you questioning if it's possible to happen in a real situation, but Phillip Noyce keeps you believing with his camera work holding on to your attention with an amazing chase sequence that it alone does its continuance justice.

Not sure how it would have sufficed without Angelina Jolie; the icon yet again transforms herself into this character wonderfully to want to see her do it again. Watching her play the role was just as entertaining as watching the cast and movie itself.
August 12, 2017
GRIPPING: I've seen this film many times on multiple occasions and it never seems to disappoint. With an idea as simple as, "Government agent gone rouge," this movie is anything but simple. There are plot twists and many small mysteries that keep you engaged throughout

PROS: This movie really is captivating to say the least. You're always on the edge of your seat, whether you are intrigued with the characters, or the action scenes. There is a little bit for everybody. The build up in the movie was great as well, from begging to end this movie never lets go of that tension it has built up. What also really helped this movie was the lack of plot holes. With a blockbuster hit like SALT, the director normally has no problems leaving big plot holes in the script, but this film doesn't do that. This movie was thought out immaculately. Last but not least, lets also give a shout out to Angelina Jolie (SALT) for giving her best performance in years. Any movie critic can give her credit for her oscar winning performance.

CONS: There are very little cons to this movie. The only thing that could've been more realized is the resolution. Was the ending good, yes, but it also needed more clarity. It didn't really help the watcher nor did it help connect to the rest of the film.
July 27, 2017
Great performance by Angie and a thrilling story with some unexpected twists to it!
July 7, 2017
Expected more after '' Wanted '' but still very entertaining ;)
½ June 18, 2017
This movie was suspenseful, thrilling, puzzling and overall a good movie. The movie has great plot twists and makes you double think twice. Love it when you have to think during a movie, keeps you in it!
June 18, 2017
Com roteiro de Kurt Wimmer e direção de Phillip Noyce, Salt é uma ação carregada de suspense sobre espionagem e contra espionagem, Evelyn Salt interpretada por Angelina Jolie (Oscar 2000 melhor atriz coadjuvante em Girl, Interrupted.) é uma infiltrada russa treinada desde de pequena para trabalhar como espião e colaborar para um ataque que visava destruir os EUA, apos anos infiltrada na CIA Evelyn deixa de cumprir seu proposito por se apaixonar pelo biólogo americano Michael Krause interpretado por August Diehl, o responsável pelo plano de ataque, o russo Vasilyevich Oleg Orlov interpretado por Daniel Olbrychski vai ate a CIA e denuncia Evelyn como espiã, sobre pressão agora ela se divide entre cumprir sua missão e salvar o grande amor da sua vida. O elenco conta também com a presença de Liev Schreiber (Ted Winter) e Chiwetel Ejiofor (Peabody) ambos agentes da Cia. Angelina Jolie exerce um brilhante trabalho como atriz mas o roteiro é soberbo e tropeça na falta de lógica, fazendo com que Salt seja um quase grande filme.
½ June 6, 2017
they need to make more of these films i just wish angelina would take better care of herself she needs to gain about 25pound to look like she wont break
May 9, 2017
Awesome spy thriller with great performance from Jolie and some great action scenes!
April 6, 2017
Salt has too many twists and turns to keep the story compelling but it is compelling to see Angelina Jolie portray her character turn into what she truly is.
March 20, 2017
Solid spy action that while not delivering anything particularly new, gives a capable female lead and is somewhat relevant given the troubling relations between Russia and the US
February 9, 2017
Very silly and unbelievable but a well made adrenalin ride. Angelina Jolie does well to make the nonsense as convincing as possible!
February 8, 2017
Some good twists and violence.
January 7, 2017
Salt is directed by Philip Noyce, and it stars Angelina Jolie in an action thriller about a CIA agent who's interviewing a Russian defector who told her that the Russian spy is Evelyn Salt (Angelina Jolie), and she thinks that someone is setting her up and wants to get out of the situation. I never actually seen this film before, but what I remember of it, is that my mom watched it a lot during the time that it was released. So I gave it a watch, and it was honestly what I expected of this. Angelina Jolie's performance is one of the main points that hold this movie together, and she does a fantastic job in this that got me convinced to be at her side in this. The action scenes are entertaining to watch, even if there's less than what I thought, and the chasing scenes are very fun to watch and was seeing how smart her character was to get out of dire situations. You get to know a bit about Salt and want to see her get out of this as I did, but when when we find out who it was, that's when it starts to lose me a bit. It's very predictable to know what the twist is, and the way it was handled, didn't make sense at all which led me to a lot of questions, which the script doesn't have much answers to. The villains are forgettable and generic, and it feels kind of standard at times. Although I know that Salt wasn't trying to be anything special, it was trying to be a dumb fun action flick that'll entertain people who just wanted something to waste time on and get their money's worth, and while I recorded on DirecTV, I enjoyed from what I saw and wasn't disappointed.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 21, 2016
we would definitely be interested in seeing "SALT II". Rewatched 2016-12-21.
November 30, 2016
This movie actually wasn't bad. Nice plot with some original action. Nice story line and it's always refreshing to see those full juicy lips of Angelina Jolie ;)
½ November 21, 2016
Basically Black Widow's story... but with Angelina Jolie
½ November 4, 2016
Stereotypical action movie. Didnt really bring anything new to the table. Was fairly easy to see what was going to happen. Average film worth one watch. Wont be watched again. One more thing. Must be a very borderline 12. Wasnt really very happy with the 12 year old watching this. I would put it in the 15 category. Alot of violence.
November 3, 2016
Two stars; it's a cut and paste actioner. One star for plot and one star for the rich joke potential with this stinker.
October 13, 2016
I own this movie, and I love it!!! its a movie you watch all over again. great story, great acting, great action!! by far this is the best movie Angelina Jolie has done!