Salt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Salt Reviews

November 30, 2016
This movie actually wasn't bad. Nice plot with some original action. Nice story line and it's always refreshing to see those full juicy lips of Angelina Jolie ;)
½ November 21, 2016
Basically Black Widow's story... but with Angelina Jolie
½ November 4, 2016
Stereotypical action movie. Didnt really bring anything new to the table. Was fairly easy to see what was going to happen. Average film worth one watch. Wont be watched again. One more thing. Must be a very borderline 12. Wasnt really very happy with the 12 year old watching this. I would put it in the 15 category. Alot of violence.
November 3, 2016
Two stars; it's a cut and paste actioner. One star for plot and one star for the rich joke potential with this stinker.
October 13, 2016
I own this movie, and I love it!!! its a movie you watch all over again. great story, great acting, great action!! by far this is the best movie Angelina Jolie has done!
½ September 28, 2016
An unimpressive action thriller, Salt tries desperately to be the next The Bourne Identity, but brings nothing new to the table to differentiate itself; not to mention that the plot is completely absurd, and requires a lot of suspension of disbelief for it to even remotely work. The plot hits every beat of this kind of movie, including a twist that fails to pack a punch and an ending that deliberately keeps itself open for a sequel. For all of its faults in the storytelling department though, the action is handled pretty well: the various chase, hand-to-hand combat, and gunplay sequences are all tightly filmed, and the fact that Angeline Jolie did most of her own stunts is a nice little bonus to all the chaos. Jolie herself is solid, adding a nice layer of ambiguity to a role that necessitates it for this story to work. She really seems to enjoy playing a character: it's a shame, then, that she wastes a dedicated performance on a less than stellar spy flick.
July 30, 2016
I found this thriller to be enjoyable. Lots of action - some of it pretty unbelievable - and some twists in the story. Very well acted on all parts. I really like Jolie much more in these action movies than the dramas she does.
July 28, 2016
Although Angelina Jolie gives her all, Salt is a disappointing action thriller, as the story can sometimes be convoluted and unclear. It does, however, deliver enough action to entertain.
jamrcla
July 25, 2016
I went into this film not expecting much, And ok it's not great but it's not bad either, Jolie does well and carries the film, The action was ok but nothing new or memorable, The plot was ok abit weird and if you don't keep up it could be a kill joy, It was full of some nice twists that kept the film going but as an action film it's nothing we haven't seen before.
July 19, 2016
Delivers the action... Awesome plot!
½ July 14, 2016
I enjoyed the action secuences in the movie and also Angelina Jolie development on the screen but for some moments I didn't finish to understand why she was doing what she was doing, I would like the movie to gave me a little bit more context about the story not only of her but of the protagonists. It's a good movie if you want to relax and pass a good time watching something on your couch, but only that.
July 13, 2016
I think it is a nicely crafted film, and choosing Phillip Noyce as director is a perfect choice since he knows how to make nonsensical spy thrillers thrilling and entertaining (anybody remember "Patriot Games"?) I like Angelina Jolie as an actress and she gives it her all, but in the end I just didn't like the story. The set pieces are fine and the performances are not bad, but I just didn't care much about what's going on. "Salt" is preposterous and disposable, but mildly amusing.
June 28, 2016
Certainly not without holes and in parts incredulous, but Jolie does play the Bourne role well, so it is easily watchable
June 15, 2016
It was so much better than I thought it would be. Loved the twists and turns.
June 13, 2016
Better than I thought it would be. Loads of action, Angelina kicking arse (& getting her arse kicked), shootouts, explosions - everything you expect from an action movie - with a half-decent script, based on a good idea, not hugely-well realised, but a good popcorn munching Saturday night movie. Gonna go watch the Bourne movies now...
June 5, 2016
Pretty good. Good action, lots of thrills. Angelina didn't quite pull of the role to be a great action flick.
May 8, 2016
Too violent, Seems too long,
April 29, 2016
Great prefomance Angelina Jolie gave!!! She is very sexy, and in this movie, she's awesome. There's loads of action sequences in this movie. I recommend this movie to action movies fans.
April 27, 2016
A pretty awful plot twist and Bland side characters are bad things from Salt, but Angelina Jolie and Liev Schreiber plus the action is what makes it sort of enjoyable
½ April 9, 2016