28 Days Reviews

• 5d ago

so friggin stupid! I quit watching after she crashs the car.. I cant stand ijiots like her way too old to find getting drunk and ruining peoples days/ properties funny.. I refused to watch her "redemption" its not a comedy at all..

• Sep 06, 2019

Great movie with a great cast and put together very well. If you have an addiction then this movie is worth watching to understand more about it.

• May 29, 2019

Despite it's failings I liked it. It tackles the subject matter in an accessible manner I'd think exposing lots of people to ideas they wouldn't be exposed to otherwise. It's not trying to be something it isn't. It's a mix of things sitting on the fence - comedy drama.

• Dec 23, 2018

I adore this movie. I really do. When I’m feeling down and out like life is getting too hard for me I like to watch slice of life films like 28 days and this is one of my favorites in that category. It’s dramatic, it touching and totally hilarious, especially Alan Tyduk. It takes you on a journey and teaches you about overcoming your own obstacles and demons is possible if you’re willing to do the work. In the end life turned around and I always feel a little more hopeful after watching it.

• Nov 26, 2018

While the performances were great and there are a couple of scenes in the movie that were fantastic, the movie was just confusing, boring, and VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY stupid. 4/10

• Aug 14, 2018

Saw again for the first time in 18 years and it was worse than I remembered. Here you have another upper class person ending up in a country club rehab. The rehab emphatically prohibits cell phones that point ws made clear several times. But you can have intoxicated family members show up and smuggle in substances. The character played by Sandra Bullock is unconvincing either before sobriety or after. At one point she sneaks out on a limb in a vain attempt to retrieve the smuggled in pills that she threw away. Obviously there are no bed checks in this rehab. She falls and fractures her leg, Henceforth she hobbles around on crutches. The crutches are no real impediment to going out in a rehab provided boat. No life jacket. No precautions. Little wonder later on in the movie her roommate overdoses on contraband smuggled in. Who tries tom revive her---one of the fellow patients while the rehab nurse stands by and watches. One inanity after another. The characters were annoying rather than sympathetic. Especially the gay German who overacted. Then there was another patient who was hitting on every female. Any rehab I ever heard of fraternizing was immediately grounds for dismissal. I guess a rehab with a lake that overlooks a patient smuggling in drugs would look the other way when another was fraternizing. A failure overall as an inspirational tale. A failure as a comedy. One thumb way down!

• May 20, 2018

If you don't like this film, you don't get this film and that's okay. Sandra is terrific. This film has been of enormous help to young women struggling with addiction.

• May 14, 2017

Bit of a silly movie, despite the subject matter.

Bit of a silly movie, despite the subject matter.

• May 07, 2017

Wholesome + mostly comforting rehab film. How great is young Sandra Bullock??

Wholesome + mostly comforting rehab film. How great is young Sandra Bullock??

• Apr 03, 2017

Pleasant enough but an old story. Nothing to really stay with you.

Pleasant enough but an old story. Nothing to really stay with you.