30 Days of Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

30 Days of Night Reviews

June 17, 2017
a typic horror movie.but i liked it
May 18, 2017
Though 30 Days of Night suffers from plot holes and some ugly visuals, it still finds a way to be an entertaining bloodbath.
March 16, 2017
Fantastic! Captured the feel of the comic very well in my opinion. Well worth seeing.
March 5, 2017
Very intense vampire flick.... these vamps dont seduce you... they rip you apart.. i liked the cast and premise of the movie.. i enjoyed it alot.
½ February 4, 2017
I love vampire films and this is one of the best.
January 23, 2017
Pretty interesting vampire tale. I found this to be very entertaining.
December 29, 2016
Any reasonable person would go into this film expecting guts, gore, and gobs of bad acting. You get the guts and gore, but you also get some genuinely intense action, acting, and emotional agony. David Slade delivers. Hartnett does the usual brooding, and continues to do it well.
December 19, 2016
typical horror vampire, an appearance between comics and videoclips
½ November 15, 2016
Bastante parecido com o que eu lembro da HQ, brutal e violento. Um dos problemas é que o tempo parece não passar tão rápido qto dá a entender, o que acaba prejudicando um pouco o andamento da história.
½ October 17, 2016
I love this movie, I really do. It is the last good vampire movie before the age of suck that was Twilight. It is suspenseful, very well acted, and the vampires are incredibly scary.
½ September 9, 2016
Loved loved loved these vampires. So different and scary. Wish he would take Robert McCammons book "They Thirst" and make it into a movie. He would do it justice.
August 28, 2016
I enjoyed this movie for the most part, the best thing I liked about it was the look of the vampires, the story was decent.
½ August 14, 2016
A great set up, but that unfortunately is all is has going for it. The film very quickly descends into typical horror/slasher tropes. The characters are 1-dimensional and the action is muddled with odd camera work.
½ July 27, 2016
I've read many Niles & Templesmith comics (but not this one) and i really love their stories , they are very well written and the art is very atmospheric. And with a slower pace and a bit of backstory about the vampires, this could have been one of the best horror movies of the past decade. I really wanted to like it, but it goes too soon into the vampire invasion (15 minutes? 20?) and we don't have the time to care about the characters and to be actually scared. The effects are very cool and the film seems well directed to me, but i didn't like too much the ubiquitous blueish filter used for most of the movie (i think the movie is too "bright" and full of lights to convey the feeling of a siege during a month of darkness) . What i liked less is Josh Hartnett character: not because the actor's way to play , but because it seems that the only person able to do something in that village is him , so he must do literally everything. Count how many times the "axe" scene is repeated...
½ July 21, 2016
Solid action horror flick. Better than I think most have given it credit. Definitely plodding at times, but holds up better than you would think.
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
Kind of felt let down by this, It had the story and cast to be great but it just seemed to drag on and there wasn't allot on offer and when the pace did pick up it wasn't anything great but it's gory and dark so it's not all bad.
½ July 12, 2016
From Dusk Till Dawn of the 21st century; but it's not really the highest of praises.
½ July 6, 2016
73%
Saw this on 6/7/16
It uses its interesting premise to the maximum, but does not take anything much different than the cliche ridden path of the genre. The ending lacks strength despite having a lot of potential. The cast is good.
July 5, 2016
great vampire movie, and overall a great horror movie
½ June 27, 2016
I haven't read this graphic novel this is based on but there were times when I could imagine scenes that were ripped right from the comic.  These vamps aren't like the vamps I've come to love (Anne Rice's).  They are not passionate.  They are not emotional.  They are not romantic.  Instead these blood drilling vampires have one goal: feed.  They are not interested in making others like them but they are hell bent on destruction.  And when one of these vampires die you don't feel sorry for them.  One drawback is this flick is really slow.  The "action" scenes (if you can call them that) are few and far between.  Is it just me or do movies about really cold places make you feel really cold?  The vampires screech their way through killing 90% of the town.  It appears only their leader can talk (with poorly constructed sentences at that).  The few survivors move from place to place to survive the 30 days of darkness.  These vampires aren't letting any survive.  They bust the Pipeline and set the town ablaze.  But when his ex-wife is trapped Sheriff Evan (Josh Hartnett) makes the ultimate sacrifice injecting himself with vampire blood so he can save everyone during his last moments of humanity.  The "hells yes" moment comes when Evan punches straight through head vamp's head during their final bloody battle.  Sadly Evan watches one last sunrise with his ex-wife before blowing away.  I liked this and I recommend it.  I think I need to read the comic now.