The Addams Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Addams Family Reviews

½ December 14, 2017
This movie really is ridiculous, but if you can get past how silly it is then you might have a bit of fun with it. It is perfectly harmless for the most part. I was never a big fan of the old TV show, but the movies are okay every once in a while.
December 7, 2017
Although the movie is very strange due to the bizarre characters, they also follow familiar family structures. The two parents have the role of raising and providing for the children as well as providing for the family. It is unclear how the family is so wealthy,, they do have economic resources to provide for the family. As for socialization into society for their children, the do have the children enrolled in public school. While Lurch is not actually the real brother in the family, due to his love and support for the family, he had been accepted as if he is a part of it.
November 19, 2017
Enthusiastic performances and creative production designs bogged down by a somewhat-obnoxious tone and predictable storytelling
½ November 2, 2017
Funny, beats around the bush but doesn't trod deeper while the humour drives this and keeps it neatly together.
½ October 31, 2017
"The Addams Family" turns the beloved cartoon strip and TV show into a gag-driven, one-liner dark comedy starring the creepy and mysterious family that gets bogged down by a scattered plot, but entertains with amusing performances. The film was a box office smash and has become a traditional Halloween viewing.
October 30, 2017
A classic dark comedy film, in which con artists plan to steal the treasure of an eccentric family using an accomplice who claims to be their long-lost uncle. So finally I have met the famous Morticia, Gomez, Wednesday, Fester, Pugsley, Lurch and the cousin Itt! It's never late to get to know them. I could not stop laughing with all those dark humour jokes throughout the entire movie!
October 26, 2017
The plot may be all over the place, and there's some missed opportunities, but overall, I find the movie highly amusing thanks to the production design, gags, and cast, especially Raul Julia as Gomez Addams.
October 21, 2017
Stuffed with funny visuals, lines, and actors, The Addams Family is good macabre fun from start to finish, aside from the occasional pandering into itself.
½ October 15, 2017
This is creepy and all but I sadly admit I was a bit bored. It's still great fun though.
October 8, 2017
Years later, The Addams Family still holds up as one of the best TV-series-to-movie adaptations out there. The roles are perfectly cast and the story is slightly creepy with just the right amount of cookiness. Even most of the visual effects still look good. Watching the Addams family on the screen is good family Halloween fun.
September 27, 2017
I was hoping this film would be much better, but it doesn't live up to "The Addams Family" name. I would suggest the 1960's Television show.
September 13, 2017
I'm watching it now seen it many times, and also I have seen the original TV series I love this movie and I'm surprised it only scores 60%, it has cameos from the TV show my dad liked this film also and he grew up watching it I recommend this film highly.
½ August 28, 2017
A timeless family classic.
½ August 22, 2017
While the script is pretty disjointed and problematic, I think this is a faithful, nice-looking adaptation to the classic T.V show. Their creepy and their kooky, mysterious and spooky, and that's how we love this family.
July 18, 2017
Dark and wicked humour, this film plays better with age and is hilarious. This is one that deserves to be rediscovered in an age of dark tv shows like Lemony Snicket are growing popular on Netflix. The characters are unique and are hilariously sharp with biting humour of the era and great casting. The plot is a little thin but you can ignore this issue as it's mostly aimed at the characters, the brothers plot to be precise. The bizarre Addams family are placed firmly within reality so it's this revamp that keeps the storyline from growing old. I have fond memories of this film and Cousin It, is one of the favorite moments of the film. I think this film has grown better with time and deserves a rediscovery, I could imagine watching this film on the big screen if they decided to unleash the vault. 17-07-2017.
June 17, 2017
There are a lot of little smiles in The Addams Family, and many chuckles and grins, but they don't add up to much.
May 31, 2017
To be honest I don't like it
½ May 30, 2017
The casting was so excellent that it's a damned shame it didn't continue longer. Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston in particular have fantastic chemistry. Dan Hedaya does a fantastic weaselly inept crook. It didn't really matter that the plot was a bit thin - the fun of these movies was always seeing both the family interactions with each other, and what happens to 'normal' people who *try* to interact with the family - whether with good intentions or not.
½ May 4, 2017
Altogether ooky! I loved it when I first saw it in the nineties. And while it is starting to show its age, I still think it's an entertaining comedy. (First viewing - Childhood)
jamrcla
April 16, 2017
Average film but a little too silly at times, The film had a good cast though, And the story was fun too.