Airplane! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airplane! Reviews

April 22, 2017
I remember watching this on Pay per View TV a couple of years ago. It was free, and not expecting much, I watched it. I nearly busted a rib laughing, and I was amazed at how all of their jokes were on key, and how talented the writers and cast were! I never thought something this stupid or delinquent could be so hilarious!
April 21, 2017
Surely one of the best comedy movies ever.
And don't call me Shirley.
½ April 19, 2017
Airplane is about an airplane full of people who are in danger after the pilots have something happen to them. It is a spoof of disaster movies and it makes fun of them. This idea succeeded as it is now known as one of the greatest comedies of all time. It has just about everyone's type of humor. From slapstick to dark themes, Airplane has it all. This is the first film I've seen that made my throat hurt. Leslie Nielsen gives one of his best performances as a straight-faced, know-it-all doctor who says one-liner after one-liner after one-liner. This movie knows exactly what it is, and a film like this is good at being what it is. It is the best parody movie ever seen. It is hard to make anything like it really.
Over all, if you like movies about planes, spoof movies, or just good-old time watching a film. 4 1/2 out of 5 stars
February 25, 2017
one of the only comedies on the top 100 because it is truly funny
February 20, 2017
"I just want to tell u both good luck. We're all counting on you". Lol. Just a silly and fun movie to watch with many memorable quotes. And Air Israel...lol!
February 18, 2017
A awesome genre defining comedy...
½ February 16, 2017
This movie is awesome I'm serious and don't call me sherly
January 26, 2017
Airplane doesn't dare give you a break in its meticulous and ridiculous spoof of contemporary disaster movies. It may be sharp, but you know what it has that most other spoofs have not? Jokes. Hundreds, if not thousands, of jokes. The Zucker brothers and its B-star cast demand your attention to detail, lest anything fly over your head. I promise you that was unintentional. And yet, Airplane! also allows you to tune in and out at any time. If you do not find a joke you like, such a joke will find you. We have puns, slapstick, reimagined stereotypes, unexpected forays into the explicit, exaggerations of typically marginal details in the airport / airplane, plain remakes of scenes from contemporary cinema, and (another one that most spoof films miss) a script so well threaded that, if you have been paying attention, you are rewarded with occurrences that slowly reveal themselves as jokes and in-movie references. Airplane! has only love to give; as do I.
½ January 26, 2017
Undeniably one of the best spoof comedies in history.
January 25, 2017
"And don't call me Shirley"
½ January 21, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Una gran comedia, que trascenderá por generaciones. Risas garantizadas de inicio a fin con irreverentes secuencias de parodia de lo concerniente al género y singulares personajes.
½ January 18, 2017
Just came across this film and wanted to remember my thoughts about and realised I didn't review then when I saw it! Damn. But I do remember, I loved this movie and laughed so hard that my sides hurt.
January 7, 2017
The best comedy of the 80s.
December 26, 2016
I used to hate this film, but can now tolerate it. If you don't like 9 jokes the 10th will be funny and the film has hundreds of them!
December 10, 2016
161209: Airplane seems dated and some of the humour more so. Sadly, I imagine some social warriors would be offended but, personally, there are some good laughs, and memories, held within. Be warned, there is some strong sexual humour and the 14A rating should be observed.
November 18, 2016
In my opinion, the best 80s comedy.
November 14, 2016
While I prefer the absurdity of The Naked Gun just a little more (mostly because I adore Leslie Nielsen), there is no doubt that this film wrote the book on spoof movies. And that's coming from a lifelong Mel Brooks fan. It is quotable, memorable, and so brilliantly stupid. I loved it, and I look forward to using its quotes in my everyday dialogue.
October 15, 2016
Pure genius. Another classic appearance from Jonathan Banks of Breaking Bad fame. Guest starring Donald Trump as the autopilot.
½ October 4, 2016
The most perfect and most iconic spoof comedy ever made.
September 18, 2016
As stated above, this film (although not silly to me but I can see why people with no sense of humour would say such a thing) has stood the test of time in terms of gags and is bound to with Leslie Neilson about & who is the king of spoof.
I grew up watching this time and time again as a child (as my Nan will attest too) and every now and again, like now, on a lazy Sunday afternoon, just whack it on your Sky Q box and relax with the bird and enjoy.
The comedy film genre will never replace the legend that was Leslie Neilson and this genre of film is a much poorer place without him. Thank God we have these gems to look back on. Most films today do not know how to do comedy and if they tried to do a movie like this today, the minority would win out because some 10 people in a country might be offended even though it is a film and not real. Go figure for yourself.