Airplane! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airplane! Reviews

½ January 18, 2017
Just came across this film and wanted to remember my thoughts about and realised I didn't review then when I saw it! Damn. But I do remember, I loved this movie and laughed so hard that my sides hurt.
January 7, 2017
The best comedy of the 80s.
December 26, 2016
I used to hate this film, but can now tolerate it. If you don't like 9 jokes the 10th will be funny and the film has hundreds of them!
December 10, 2016
161209: Airplane seems dated and some of the humour more so. Sadly, I imagine some social warriors would be offended but, personally, there are some good laughs, and memories, held within. Be warned, there is some strong sexual humour and the 14A rating should be observed.
November 18, 2016
In my opinion, the best 80s comedy.
November 14, 2016
While I prefer the absurdity of The Naked Gun just a little more (mostly because I adore Leslie Nielsen), there is no doubt that this film wrote the book on spoof movies. And that's coming from a lifelong Mel Brooks fan. It is quotable, memorable, and so brilliantly stupid. I loved it, and I look forward to using its quotes in my everyday dialogue.
October 15, 2016
Pure genius. Another classic appearance from Jonathan Banks of Breaking Bad fame. Guest starring Donald Trump as the autopilot.
½ October 4, 2016
The most perfect and most iconic spoof comedy ever made.
September 18, 2016
As stated above, this film (although not silly to me but I can see why people with no sense of humour would say such a thing) has stood the test of time in terms of gags and is bound to with Leslie Neilson about & who is the king of spoof.
I grew up watching this time and time again as a child (as my Nan will attest too) and every now and again, like now, on a lazy Sunday afternoon, just whack it on your Sky Q box and relax with the bird and enjoy.
The comedy film genre will never replace the legend that was Leslie Neilson and this genre of film is a much poorer place without him. Thank God we have these gems to look back on. Most films today do not know how to do comedy and if they tried to do a movie like this today, the minority would win out because some 10 people in a country might be offended even though it is a film and not real. Go figure for yourself.
September 13, 2016
The funniest movie ever made.
August 28, 2016
The classic that so many have tried to imitate
August 27, 2016
Airplane! is resourceful - it uses all kinds of comedy to its advantage.
August 17, 2016
Classic spoof comedy that takes on the "Airport" movies and pushes the envelope all the way. The jokes hit hard like a boxer and Leslie Nielsen shines as the lead pilot.
½ August 17, 2016
The film that started the parodying trend for generations
½ August 14, 2016
Hilarious, classic comedy. Perfectly spoofs the old airport movies. I love how unabashedly un PC it is. It's refreshing in this limp-wristed day and age we live in.
July 27, 2016
Airplane! Is a classic comedy movie. This movie is sort of a slapstick comedy. There are tons of jokes throughout the movie. Impossible not to laugh! I would suggest this movie.
July 26, 2016
One of the best, funniest spoofs of all time!
July 26, 2016
Airplane is one of the best, if not the best, comedy movies of the 70's. The creepy airplane pilot, hilarious flashbacks, people committing suicide on the plane, and a young girl saying she likes her coffee how she likes her men, help make this one of the best. And my name's not Shirley.
July 24, 2016
This, besides a small part of it that some people may consider "Rated R", this is a hilarious movie.
July 17, 2016
Airplane! is an incredibly silly film that has top tier comedy. Full of quotable lines and hilarious jokes that endure to this day. Timeless classic.