Airplane! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airplane! Reviews

½ January 18, 2018
This is a great satirical film! I recommend this to comedy fans everywhere! Just keep your kids out of the room.
January 17, 2018
Surely, we can agree that this is a classic comedy spoof that deserves to be watched from time to time. Not all of the jokes are winners, but a whole LOT of them land hilariously! It is worth passing on to new generations.
January 6, 2018
Simply one of the funniest films ever made.
½ January 3, 2018
At the risk of sounding like an old curmudgeon, they don't make 'em like Airplane! any more. All kidding aside, I'm serious here: in the 1970s and 80s, we essentially had a golden age with Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker's spoofs and Mel Brooks' parodies. I think most people are comfortable in admitting that this genre was killed off by a string of terrible movies in the 2000s. However, back to this picture. Very few comedies can say they're a laugh-a-minute. Many of the greats can't even say that, but Airplane! can. Like the critics consensus says, it is absolutely "juvenile and silly," but it embraces that and runs with it. The film's cast gives some of the best deadpan performances of absurd lines and moments I've had the pleasure of viewing. If you've never seen Airplane!, why the hell not?
December 19, 2017
When thinking a way to describe Airplane the best word I could think of was silly. This is a very silly film above all else. The gags are over the top; the characters are more like caricatures, and every second of this film is either setting up a joke or the punchline to a joke. I would be lying though if I said I didn't enjoy myself. This movie is a good time for all the reasons I just mentioned. It's not a cerebral comedy like an Annie Hall or something. This is a film where you can sit back, turn your brain off and have a couple laughs. Of course, it's not a perfect film as I feel some of the gags don't quite work and that this premise can only be entertaining so long before it becomes annoying. Overall Airplanes is just a fun movie. 3.8/5
December 19, 2017
One of the best comedy films of all time. In fact, one of the best satires of all time. It's a phenomenal classic that still showcases slapstick humor at its peak. This movie has plenty quotable lines, even some that are out of place. This had one task in mind. That was to create a funny movie for people of all age. Two words. Mission accomplished.
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Una gran comedia, que trascenderá por generaciones. Risas garantizadas de inicio a fin con irreverentes secuencias de parodia de lo concerniente al género y singulares personajes.
December 12, 2017
The best satirical film ever made in my opinion, Airplane! is consistently hilarious. The cast are fantastic, and there are more memorable lines than I can count.
December 7, 2017
Funny movie. Classic comedy. Very controversial jokes.
December 7, 2017
One of the few movies to genuinely make me laugh out loud. Although the humor is sophomoric and ridiculous, it is done so well that it actually is very witty and charming.
November 11, 2017
Airplane! is one of the funniest movies ever made. The cast will keep you laughing until the very end with this witty script.
November 3, 2017
one of the best parody films. this is pure comedy gold. Leslie just knocks it out of the ballpark.
September 29, 2017
Funniest move of all time!! Period!
September 23, 2017
10 out of 10:

Smart, great actors, and laugh out loud funny, Airplane offers one of the most random yet genius parody movie.
½ September 20, 2017
One of the funniest movies ever, every joke, pun and gag is told so well that it doesn't overwhelm you.
½ September 2, 2017
Playing a gigantically fun spoof over disaster films, this parody benefits from a great selection of visual and narrative humor, taking itself seriously enough to feed upon its slapstick comedy and satirical elements, playing silly as long as it can to endure the audience entertainment, and never failing to deliver in both; dark humor, childish entertainment and the enough amount of laughs.
August 27, 2017
So stupidly funny it's actually clever
August 18, 2017
Literally the most unfunny movie I've ever seen in my life. Only positive is Leslie Nielsen who still cannot save this piece of shit dumpster fire.
½ August 13, 2017
Funniest comedy I've watched so far
½ August 9, 2017
Completely out of the ordinary, but really enjoyable and funny and fits its purpose as a parody!