Animals United (Konferenz der Tiere) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Animals United (Konferenz der Tiere) Reviews

½ July 9, 2017
It's not the best animated eco-movie ever, especially since the humor's a bit too immature at times and it's a little on the unnecessarily absurd side (we didn't really need a kangaroo and polar bear in Africa, they didn't really change the overall story). That being said, it has a great message (which some might find a bit heavy-handed in the way its handled) and is actually pretty enjoyable and fun, much better than I expected going in - better than the flak it's got would have you thinking it is, if little else.
½ May 13, 2017
Terrible story, bad animation, and... did I mention the story is atrocious? Anyone who thinks its environmental 'moral to the story' is on point is an idiot. The whole thing is just bad, rally bad. It did have one redeeming feature. It ended. Run! Run away!
March 29, 2017
Well I really enjoyed this, goes to show how humans are ruining the earth. Even the lion was a vegetarian! Excellent cast voices, not sure why reviews are so bad
½ May 5, 2016
es completamente una pelicula rara las unicas voces conocidas son la de andy serkis y la de jim broadbent,la pelicula no tiene taaaan mala animación comparada con otras peliculaspesimas de animación peor si es una pelicula mediocre
½ October 5, 2015
This must be the worst thing I have seen in my life , the only good thing is the animation , but everything else is just oure shit , the characters are boring , it makes no sense at most times , its unfunny , I didn't care for its message either because I'm not a vegan trehuger crybaby .
½ January 8, 2015
Has a nice computer generated animation, but the story is mainly for younger school-age children.
December 27, 2014
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....
November 8, 2014
it was ok overall animated movie with a good message, but, the storyline is pretty far fetched.
½ August 20, 2014
German animation film, with pretty decent graphics but a rather preachy story. It doesn't exactly help that the humor is somewhat infantile and the timing totally off. If this film proves one thing then what a terrific job most US-productions make in expanding their target audience to older kids and even young adults. Children may have fun with this but there is nothing redeeming here for an older audience.
½ August 17, 2014
Not one of the best when it comes to animation, but I 'm gonna give it a positive because I've definitely seen worse. The story follows a band of animals that must work together to find water to restore their homeland. They discover that in a nearby valley, humans have built a large dam to hold the water. Led by a meerkat named Billy and a lion named Socrates, the animals try to find a way to release the water.

It is a surprisingly good family film with a good message we all need to learn. I would recommend this movie for families with young children. It is quite silly and fun to watch.
½ April 9, 2014
Nothing wrong with the animation shame it can't be said about the story and the rest of the movie. Feels like a wanna be Madagascar clone and that wasn't that amazing but this doesn't come close
½ January 8, 2014
A dry (pardon the pun) animation that has one or two chuckles but lacks any staying power to appeal to adults or kids.
January 4, 2014
Spoilers for sure - This Eco CGI film was ok. Very blatant conservation message which was fine. The animation was pretty sweet. The plot, fine. I admit when the polar bear, the rooster, the kangaroo & the Looney Tunes-like farting Tasmanian Devil came to the African Savannah for the adventure, it threw me off. However, not as much as the ending when the blue whales transported almost all the African animals to New York so they can address the UN. As they walked OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF THE WHALES, I was thinking... What the hell? What is this?
At least my girls loved it.
½ December 2, 2013
Lame and boring. Half a star
½ November 17, 2013
A surprisingly enjoyable Madagascar rip-off, Animals United is consistent enough to drive itself with decent animation and humor to boot.
½ October 5, 2013
What I thought might be a cute movie for kids was nothing but an hour and a half long brainwashing session - do not let younger children see this. The lectures on global warming were beyond upsetting.
½ March 24, 2013
Much like most animated films that were made in Germany, Italy, or any country in most of Europe, this isn't exactly a great or good movie. But to be fair, it's probably the most entertaining and most enjoyable of the ones from the film festivals. A somewhat decent flick. Nothing more, nothing less.
March 17, 2013
I guess it was alright. Could've been a lot worse.
½ December 14, 2012
This is nothing more than propaganda designed to condition children to become narrow minded Utopians without any shred of common sense. The worst offense this movie has to offer is the constant barrage of stereotypes. Stereotyping is funny in comedy skits; but, when you are stereotyping average human beings as ruthless villains; you're being disingenuous. Think of the most liberal person you know, now take about 5 paces to the left of reality, that's where you'll find this movie.

Lions eat zebras and hunters (at least in the U.S.) are the primary supporters of animal conversations. We wouldn't even have conversations if it wasn't for having a hunter for a U.S. President. I'd like my children to have one foot in reality, even with a farcical cartoon.
November 26, 2012
Terrible! Even by a 3 year old's standards. Maybe if they spent more time on the characters and dialogue rather than trying so obviously hard to push their "people are bad" message then maybe it could have been a decent movie. Even my 3 year old commented on how boring it was.