Awake - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Awake Reviews

March 30, 2017
The movie was simply awesome and I don't know why the ratings are so low????
February 4, 2017
I don't understand why this movie gets such negative reviews. It is straight up HAUNTING about the deception and betrayal of others. It just knows its angle.
½ December 31, 2016
The plot from awake was not original, Stephen King already wrote a similar premise decades ago. The film was incoherent, nonsensical, and rage inducing. If not for Alba it would have been completely forgotten.
December 25, 2016
What I got to say about "Awake" is a rare mystery psychological thriller that has twist that will leave you guessing. "It's a sexy, a very suspenseful and will make you cringing type of movie." The performances by the cast is good. Joby Harold directed and wrote this. Mr. Harold's directing is good. Meanwhile, his writing is a different type of story will mind blowing character arcs. The cinematography is good. The score by Graeme Revell and Samuel Sim is good. Finally, the effects is good as well. "I have to report that "Awake" is a scary, stylishly creepy thriller that had me right to the very end."
December 16, 2016
This idea could have been made into a filmic wonder through a more focused directorial view. And with a completely different, far more competent cast. And definitely a whole other screenwriter.

Basically, had this been a different movie altogether, it could have been good. Unfortunately, it is what it is and what it is is... no.
December 5, 2016
Hayden Christenson plays the "only" son of a millionaire, Clayton Beresford JR living with her overprotective single mother Lilith Beresford (Lena Olin). Clayton is also going to receive a heart transplant but is clashing with his mother once he chose to have his friend, Dr. Jack Harper (Terence Howard) to operate him as opposed to the heart surgeon his mother chose for him, and the fact that he was involved with the families secretary, Sam (Jessica Alba).
August 5, 2016
Not a great movie but a nice-to-see. Some scenes are thrilling and the ending was unexpected... to me.
July 3, 2016
A premise with true originality, carried through with multiple twists that you don't necessarily anticipate. A must-see.
March 15, 2016
More likely to put you to sleep.
March 13, 2016
Attention getting and really unique!
½ November 9, 2015
The storyline was decent enough for me not to get bored during this. Some good story twists also.
October 8, 2015
Awake boasts a unique premise and intriguing plot, but due to miscast leads, choppy filming and post production, it sadly comes out of the operation as a missed opportunity
October 6, 2015
we needed a betr surgeon simulatr adaptashn den dis
September 18, 2015
was pretty good and the ending was very good
September 1, 2015
This one sounds interesting.
July 11, 2015
Wonderful twists and turns and emotions especially with the relationship between mother and son. Will make you cringe with the gore and open heart surgery but it was perfectly written and justice was served!
½ June 2, 2015
a quick, fun thriller that does a good enough job of holding your attention and making the viewer care about what is going on throughout. While Hayden and Alba would be in the running for most overacting and uh...eh hem.....not best(?) acting, respectively, each does a sufficient job of filling their characters roles here.

While the plot itself is a bit far fetched, if you're able to let your personal constraints on realism and plot holes go, you'll find yourself a decent little flick here. Perfect filler for a lazy weekend day.
½ January 20, 2015
A pesar de su guión ridículo, tiene momentos de suspenso que te atrapan.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A decent thriller movie that reminds me of "the invisible" kinda. Hayden Christensen from Star Wars plays a man that needs a heart transplant but the surgery goes not as the right direction.. Its a enjoyable movie with some nice twists and worth seeing overall , Jessica Alba have a role aswell :)
½ October 18, 2014
I have no idea why this movie got such bad reviews, i thought it was highly original and very slick.