Batman and Harley Quinn Reviews

• Mar 15, 2020

I really don't get why everyone is trashing on this. It's not supposed to be taken super seriously... I actually found it really funny and entertaining, definitely a cool and unique take on the whole Batman universe. Also the performance of Harley Quinn was amazing by the the way. Loved it and hope you guys can make more of these! <3

• Feb 25, 2020

This movie is the antithesis of Birds of Prey. This Harley Quinn beats up Nightwing then ties him to a bed and has sex with him. I stop short of calling it assault because he enjoyed it…eventually. She rips farts in the back of the batmobile, falls to her knees crying, begging and pleading with BatMAN. I like this movie because it made me lol several times and highly entertained me. However, I not a woman or a child and I'm not an agenda driven person nor am I easily offended. However, I may be in the minority especially in today's climate of identity politics. It's a fun adult oriented, crass animated film and I'm all for it.

• Feb 09, 2020

Looks Gloomy and the handwriting is A little look like a magazine. But Great show.

• Feb 07, 2020

Aside from few good moments, like the nuclear option scene at the very end, it's a poorly written, annoyingly voice acted mess of an animated movie which not only didn't bring DC new audiences, but alienated a portion of their more devoted fans.

• Nov 17, 2019

This was a great movie but why did the movie end have way threw the plot. No second half of the movie to see to finish it out. When this is better than there current live action stuff. Thats bad.

• Sep 22, 2019

To celebrate Batman Day, I watched a Batman film I'd never seen before. This was the only one on Amazon Prime, so here we are. It is, without wishing to be too dismissive, akin to an episode of Batman the Animated Series that no one thought to edit. Now, Batman the Animated Series is a great show, so there's 30 minutes of great stuff in there, but that leave 44 minutes of stuff that could/should have been cut. The plot is wafer thin, the animation is sometimes pretty sketchy, and there are several sections that seem to only exist to pad out the running time (hello there, karaoke). My guess is Suicide Squad came out, people thought Harley Quinn was fun and sexy, and DC thought "let's crank out a Harley-centric animated thing and cash in". There's just not enough thought given to ensuring that it earns your 74 minutes of time. It is, however, pretty funny. The tone is a lot more jovial than most Batman outings, including a wonderful (if superfluous) chase sequence gag. Melissa Rauch does a great job at being a different, slightly less cartoonish version of the character than the classic animated portrayal. The humour can get a little raunchy, which I was surprised and pleased to see. There's innuendo, some sliiiightly pervy Harley shots, and even an S-bomb dropped in there. I know, in a Batman cartoon! Also the fights are good, and Kevin Conroy is Kevin Conroy, so Batman sounds exactly as Batman should. I was ready to give this a 3, because I was having a jolly old time, but then the ending was so lackluster and uninspiring that I just... I just couldn't. I feel like when DC tried to phone it in, their aim should have been 'to tell a fun, Harley Quinn-centric story', as opposed to 'write some fun Harley Quinn lines and drape half a story around her'.

• Sep 20, 2019

You have Kevin Conroy and Bruce Timm working together again, just like in the good old BTAS days, the story is pretty good and the actors did a pretty good job and I was very pleased with the final product.

• Sep 01, 2019

In terms of tone, this might be the weirdest Batman related thing I've ever seen, and ‘Batman Ninja' exists, so that's really saying something. It's all over the place – you go from a neo-noir feel with people being splattered by some villain to watching a more than suggestive sex scene that's almost immediately followed up with smelly fart jokes. Those aren't even the strangest parts, not even close. But wait, there's more. It's not just the tone, but also the way the characters (specifically Batman and Nightwing seem very off, at times) and dialogue are written, and the simple animation is less than impressive and feels more suited to a TV series. If there's one thing that this film suggests that I am totally on-board with, it's the idea of a Batman made for a more mature audience, perhaps even R-rated. But this definitely isn't how to go about it.

• Aug 21, 2019

Love that its basically a continuation of the animated series but I felt it should have been longer.

• Jun 30, 2019

Although it starts off paying loving homage to one classic, it starts to combine style with other classics and soon it ends unclear what it wanted to do.