Battlefield Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Battlefield Earth Reviews

December 2, 2016
Woah! This movie's shit, y'all!
½ November 21, 2016
wants to give it zero stars....
November 11, 2016
So what if it is a bad sic-fi flick? I love it.
November 1, 2016
Seriously, this is possibly the worst film I've seen tied to "Manos: The Hands Of Fate". The acting is over-the-top. The dialogue is weak, the costumes are laughable, the directing was amateur at best, the villains were incredibly STUPID, and the special effects ranged from OK to OH-NO. I know this brings credibility to the term "So bad, its good", but seriously.....it's BAD.

Verdict: AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
½ October 31, 2016
I obviously stand in the minority on this issue but I really liked the movie. I do think you have to have read the book to fill in the story line on this massive story.
I have no leverage to make you watch it but you should.
½ October 20, 2016
This is the worst action flick ever.
October 16, 2016
Where to begin? I went to see this as a preview movie where there were 8 people in the screen, myself another guy and 6 people dressed in the same suit who I now suspect were probably scientologists. This is based on the fact that they went straight to the front row and spent the entire movie sitting drooling. It was quite surreal to be honest.
Anyway, this is a vanity project of John Travolta's which was trying to get off the development hell conveyor belt for many years. Even Tom Cruise allegedly advised him against making this (and then apparently denied this). It is partially based on a L Ron Hubbard book and it is a billion dollar D movie that looks so bad you wonder where the budget went.
Basically humans live like cavemen with better makeup and the aliens that conquered the earth in about 10 minutes apparently want all the gold and resources etc etc. This happened years ago apparently.
So first thing the director does is use a cheesy batman like camera angle to make the aliens appear about 8 foot tall. I just got a very sore neck personally.
They capture a human put him in a Joe 90 super machine and make him smart.
He then helps the rest of the humans to overthrow and beat the aliens. So here's where I can't get the 2 hours plus of my life back. You have to go into this forgetting your brain and ignore the millions of plot holes and goofs and editing mistakes etc etc.
So first of all. The aliens want gold so bare in mind we have already been conquered years previously the humans find fort knox full to the brim with gold bars. Yes I said that.
The humans find weapons just stockpiled and still working after years of neglect.
They find harrier jets (regarded as being difficult to fly even by experienced pilots) Just sitting around fully fuelled. And in 10 minutes they can fly them.
I could go on but it hurts my head to. The movie bombed it deserved to bomb. The production company went bankrupt and this is the sort of movie that should have all copies sent to landfill, burnt and nuked. Seriously this is just horrible. Even Alan Smithee wouldn't be associated with this.
½ September 16, 2016
This really was garbage. I heard that this was dreadful , and after reading reviews thought that they must have overreacted. In fact, they had done the opposite, as this wasn't a "so bad its funny" film, it was just plain bad. Awful acting, weird dialogue, terrible camera work, overblown and silly music - the list just goes on.

I've seen a lot of big budget stinkers (Gigli, Glitter, Showgirls etc), but i think this may be the worst film I've ever seen if you take budget into account.
½ August 19, 2016
Confusing, dumb movie. The first few minutes it's alright but after the shooting in the abandoned mall and the capturing of the three characters, it goes extreme fast downhill. Lots of confusing scenes in the beginnning made me decide to stop the movie after 20 minutes. I've got better things to do than watching 2 hours of stupidness.
½ August 19, 2016
This movie is so laughable, that it doesn't even deserve a full star. As for John Travolta, I've lost faith in you if you keep starring in crap movies like this.
August 18, 2016
Haters gonna hate, but I liked it in 2000 and I like it now. I think people don't like it but they just can't handle the style of comedy. It takes a certain level of sophistication to get it.
½ August 17, 2016
"if you watch the movie and fail to enjoy Battlefield Earth, you will have to pay another 5000 pounds to watch the film again."
½ July 16, 2016
The dutch angles, need I say any more!
June 30, 2016
Holy crap this movie is life changing. You don't even know.
½ June 20, 2016
that's what I get for watching a movie based on a book from the founder of scientology.
½ June 14, 2016
A film infamous for reaching a badness of extraordinary proportion by being a crash and burn on every technical level. Battlefield Earth has, a story riddled with plot holes and inconsistencies, trashy sets and effects, ludicrous dialogue, hammy performances, cacophonous score, choppy editing and awkward wipe transitions, aliens masqueraded as grubby Rastafarians transparently trudging on four-foot lifts. Worst of all, Battlefield is very off-putting to view with it's incredibly unsightly visuals. This is probably the closest to what "gangrene vision" would look like if it existed, yet even then the film is able to outdo itself in its ugliness by including overabundant dutch angles and tedious slow motion. John Travolta once claimed, 'the film would be like Star Wars only better' but there really is not a hope of successfully comparing Battlefield Earth with any sci-fi film, classic or mediocre. This is about as bad as a sci-fi film gets. Meticulous calculation would be needed if one deliberately tried to make a film of the same abysmal caliber. In fact, it's so far on the lower end of the spectrum, it's almost hard to believe Battlefield Earth and 2001: A Space Odyssey was made by the same species.
½ June 12, 2016
Thought the book was awful, but thought the movie might redeem the plot. Was wrong.
Kal X. Attenborough
June 4, 2016
This is pure, e-metered crap. Not a film or movie, not even the cheesiest, campiest z-rated flick. Total garbage. Every copy out there of this film should be thrown into a landfill, burned, and then obliterated in a nuclear reactor.
½ May 4, 2016
Space dreads. Canted Angles. Nose Plugs.