Battlefield Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Battlefield Earth Reviews

November 22, 2017
I am dismayed at the lack of a good Audience Score for this movie. It is maybe the best "So bad it's good" movies ever made. This is a great movie to watch with friends. You can make it into a drinking game or just sit back and enjoy the nonstop laughs. This is a wildly entertaining movie.
November 2, 2017
Zero stars. I mean, seriously, Terl? Jonnie Goodboy!? Psychlo!? These names are fetish! Also, the aliens look, I don't know, nothing like aliens! The camera shots are always slanted and every frickin' transition is wide angle! God, the storyline makes no scents! This is one of my least favorite movies of all.
½ October 21, 2017
Look at all these filthy man-animals giving this film a low rating.
½ October 15, 2017
If you think of this one as a serious sci-fi movie, you won't like it. I consider it a comedy and as such have watched it more than once.
½ October 13, 2017
One of the worst movies I've ever seen and I like Batman And Robin. The dutch angles are just awful and it looks like the movie is sinking. John Travolta is just terrible with his over acting. I've only seen this movie once and I'll never watch it again.
September 21, 2017
Top 10: Worst Films

1. Battlefield Earth (2000)

2. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

3. North (1994)

4. Showgirls (1995)

5. Howard The Duck (1986)

6. Leonard Part 6 (1987)

7. Bio-Dome (1996)

8. Jack And Jill (2011)

9. Movie 43 (2013)

10. Disaster Movie (2008)
½ September 17, 2017
This pile of garbage makes Batman and Robin look like an Oscar contender and I hate Batman and Robin. If I could I would rate this laughable crap a zero.
½ August 27, 2017
The acting was so bad, especially by John Travolta, We barely made it to the end of the movie, and only because we were enjoying the laugh . But really, if you want a better laugh, watch one of the old Japanese Godzilla movies where the lip sync is off by a second or two.
½ August 18, 2017
Arguably the worst movie of all time, Battlefield Earth has it all - bad acting, bad CGI, bad directing, bad dialogue, and so on. The closest thing we get to a good performance comes from John Travolta, who seems to be in a completely different movie, and honestly I'd pay money to see THAT movie. There are a few moments of unintentional hilarity, but not nearly enough to justify watching this movie. Ok, to be fair, you should watch this movie once and only once, just so that after that, every time you see a movie you think might be bad, you can say "I've seen worse." If you're over 21, play the Battlefield Earth Dutch Angle Drinking Game (look it up). On second thought, don't do that. You'd die of alcohol poisoning halfway through this flaming turd.
July 30, 2017
This was an excellent movie. Sorry for the poor guys whom didn't understand it. This site has lost credibility. A lot
July 3, 2017
Disastrously written, lamentably acted and visually horrible. Battlefield Earth is a disaster in all aspects: Script, direction, acting, cinematography, visual effects, production design, makeup, costumes, soundtrack, etc. Result: a filthy filth.
½ June 19, 2017
Interestingly bad through my eyes.
½ June 13, 2017
I dunno, I think it's one of those so bad it's good movies.
June 5, 2017
Rating: 1.4/10 Half-baked schlock that's hard on the eyes, a sledgehammer to the brain but has a score that's pleasant to the ears.
½ May 30, 2017
No doubt the worst film ever made, followed closely by the Garbage Pails Kids Movie
May 20, 2017
The worst movie I have ever seen. EVER. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
½ May 1, 2017
Yeahhh, the terrible acting, ugly costume design, and silly premise is gonna be a no for me.
½ April 22, 2017
John Travolta provides those unfortunate enough to struggle through 2 hours of awful acting, weird design, an uncountable amount of dutch angles, and an fascinatingly bad story.
April 18, 2017
A pretty decent movie to see. I remember seeing it as a child, and I still like it.
The big scale idea of the movie itself is inspiring, a post-apocalyptic world ruled by aliens, and people reduced to primitive lifestyle, having to rediscover modern technology and history. Although at times it is rather dark and monotonous, it is in its entirety a rather brilliant movie.
David T.
½ March 19, 2017
I rented this film to see how bad it was, because I sometimes (or a lot of times enjoy expressing my opinion on films that are good or bad. Now, most of the films that I have watched over the years were very nicely done. But, this film is atrocious. I have never seen anything this horrible in my entire life. I read about this film in a TV Guide listing films that would be playing on TV when I was a kid. I gotta tell you, this film is not entertaining, it's a waste of time (laughs). Ironically, I don't regret renting this film. I rented it out of curiosity to see how "terra-ble" it was and people were right. Here are the complaints I have about this film, poor storyline, bad acting (especially from John Travolta), weak dialogue, everything from a thousand years prior still works, overuse of Dutch angles (45 degree angles on film cameras), and it's just a bad film. If you'd like to see a good science fiction film, check out "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind", "ET", "The Thing", or the "Back To The Future" franchise, the "Terminator" films (earlier, although I didn't see them, I hear they're good), "Scooby Doo And The Alien Invaders", "Marvin The Martian cartoons", or the episode of "Scooby Doo" (original series) where Scooby and the gang encounter an alien, all of which are better than this hunk of garbage. What was John Travolta thinking while this film was being made? Ugh!