Battlefield Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Battlefield Earth Reviews

½ June 21, 2018
For sure one of the worst movies of all time. So ugly, and disgusting looking, with the worst and most ugliest makeup and hair-styling possible, terrible acting, really bad script and very stupid and ridiculous decisions made. Barry Pepper plays the worst hero ever, and John Travolta plays the worst villain ever. Really despise this movie. Complete waste of life. I really wish I could give this disaster 0 stars.
½ June 20, 2018
What was Roger Christian thinking?
½ June 17, 2018
I hate that evil cult sciencetology
½ May 11, 2018
If I could give this rubbish a lower star rating I would.
Clearly written by an unhinged half wit with delusions of grandeur.
Vanity productions on a ridiculous scale.
Demented,
May 6, 2018
Leverage: The Movie

If you couldn't get enough of the trade disputes from the Star Wars prequels, then you're gonna love this movie. An alien invasion and a post apocalyptic Earth are just window dressing for the core story of office politics. Almost all the action scenes are filmed in slow motion and at an angle. The color palette is dingy. The effects are poor. The costumes are ridiculous. Um, the music is passable, so there's my one positive thing to say.

Forest Whitaker, what are you doing here??
½ May 2, 2018
Woah! This movie's shit, y'all! The camera is turning the angle and John Travolta has the annoying British accent.
May 1, 2018
If the constant seesawing of dutch angles doesn't make you nauseous, John Travolta's performance will.
½ April 14, 2018
As time goes by, I find my fondness for Battlefield Earth growing. Don't get me wrong, it's really fucking bad in virtually every department (I do like the music, though), but it's badness is a thing of beauty, of unintentional comedy joy, and unintentional surrealism and absurdity. I've watched this film multiple times over the years, even inflicting it on friends and family who are willing enough to sit through it. The plot holes are big enough to create another ring around Saturn (How are jet fighters still flyable after 1,000 years? How can cavemen learn to fly said jet fighters in like, two weeks?), the acting is legendarily bad (John Travolta as Terl is the equivalent of an overwrought, badly directed Shakespearean role), the special effects are awful/fascinating in a fever dream kind of way, it shamelessly rips off other sci-fi films and franchises (Star Wars, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Blade Runner, etc), and every moment of watching it is awe-inspiring in its ineptitude. Then again, should I expect differently from a film John Travolta pitched as, "It's Star Wars meets Pulp Fiction, but better" and the fact that the novel it's based on was written by the founder of Scientology? It's a glorious, legendary, hilariously awful mess of a film that will be forever mocked. And because of all these facts, I will treasure this film, enjoy it, and watch it many more times over the years. Unless you have a strong stomach for garbage, I don't recommend it. But, if you're a die hard B-movie watcher, this is a film you cannot miss.
½ April 7, 2018
Scientology at its best, which is the worst.
½ April 3, 2018
I could say it's the hole in a doughnut. Cheesy dialogue, over/underacted, nonsensical plot, unconvincing production design and makeup, and a total mess in direction (as if 5 directors sat in a chair and tried to outrank each other).
½ April 2, 2018
I actually enjoyed it. The bad acting to me was pure comedy and gold.
April 2, 2018
Finally saw Battlefield Earth, THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE!
March 28, 2018
Just incredibly awful to the point that it's just sad to watch. It's incoherent storyline is just made worse with it's laughable effects and hammed-up performances. It's only worth it to watch if you get satisfaction from torturing yourself with the worst films ever and trust me if that's the case this film will deliver the goods.
½ March 9, 2018
I liked this movie as kid, and I like it now. Rat-brain critics!
February 15, 2018
I'm giving this the maximum rating because it's stupid fun. I don't know what it is about this movie, but I think this movie might be The Room of bad movies for me. In fact, I like this movie better than The Room. It's fun. It's silly. It doesn't take itself seriously. Why do I consider this movie as a guilty pleasure? I don't know. I honestly don't know.
December 3, 2017
John Travolta is at his very best in his very own Sci Fi masterpiece.
December 2, 2017
might be the greatest movie of all time
November 30, 2017
John Travolta is such a great actor, i liked him in everything... (Starts crying)
November 22, 2017
I am dismayed at the lack of a good Audience Score for this movie. It is maybe the best "So bad it's good" movies ever made. This is a great movie to watch with friends. You can make it into a drinking game or just sit back and enjoy the nonstop laughs. This is a wildly entertaining movie.
November 2, 2017
Zero stars. I mean, seriously, Terl? Jonnie Goodboy!? Psychlo!? These names are fetish! Also, the aliens look, I don't know, nothing like aliens! The camera shots are always slanted and every frickin' transition is wide angle! God, the storyline makes no scents! This is one of my least favorite movies of all.