Battlefield Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Battlefield Earth Reviews

½ June 19, 2017
Interestingly bad through my eyes.
½ June 13, 2017
I dunno, I think it's one of those so bad it's good movies.
June 7, 2017
I Can't Believe That This Film Got Critically Panned.
June 5, 2017
Rating: 1.4/10 Half-baked schlock that's hard on the eyes, a sledgehammer to the brain but has a score that's pleasant to the ears.
½ May 30, 2017
No doubt the worst film ever made, followed closely by the Garbage Pails Kids Movie
May 20, 2017
The worst movie I have ever seen. EVER. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
½ May 1, 2017
Yeahhh, the terrible acting, ugly costume design, and silly premise is gonna be a no for me.
½ April 22, 2017
John Travolta provides those unfortunate enough to struggle through 2 hours of awful acting, weird design, an uncountable amount of dutch angles, and an fascinatingly bad story.
April 18, 2017
A pretty decent movie to see. I remember seeing it as a child, and I still like it.
The big scale idea of the movie itself is inspiring, a post-apocalyptic world ruled by aliens, and people reduced to primitive lifestyle, having to rediscover modern technology and history. Although at times it is rather dark and monotonous, it is in its entirety a rather brilliant movie.
David T.
½ March 19, 2017
I rented this film to see how bad it was, because I sometimes (or a lot of times enjoy expressing my opinion on films that are good or bad. Now, most of the films that I have watched over the years were very nicely done. But, this film is atrocious. I have never seen anything this horrible in my entire life. I read about this film in a TV Guide listing films that would be playing on TV when I was a kid. I gotta tell you, this film is not entertaining, it's a waste of time (laughs). Ironically, I don't regret renting this film. I rented it out of curiosity to see how "terra-ble" it was and people were right. Here are the complaints I have about this film, poor storyline, bad acting (especially from John Travolta), weak dialogue, everything from a thousand years prior still works, overuse of Dutch angles (45 degree angles on film cameras), and it's just a bad film. If you'd like to see a good science fiction film, check out "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind", "ET", "The Thing", or the "Back To The Future" franchise, the "Terminator" films (earlier, although I didn't see them, I hear they're good), "Scooby Doo And The Alien Invaders", "Marvin The Martian cartoons", or the episode of "Scooby Doo" (original series) where Scooby and the gang encounter an alien, all of which are better than this hunk of garbage. What was John Travolta thinking while this film was being made? Ugh!
January 13, 2017
A poorly made film that was a waste of time. I really like both John Travolta and Forest Whitaker but this film was really bad.
January 9, 2017
loved it dnt knw wats al the fuss about
January 1, 2017
Worst movie ever! Which is really sad considering the book is one of my all time favourites and deserves to be better represented on film. Now that it's been 17 years since this movie was made they really need to burry it and make a new one to do the book justice!
½ December 22, 2016
This was a joke of a film not worth my time.
½ December 12, 2016
How the fuck did this dumbass "superior" alien race who needs gold manage to invade the human race, and not know about Fort Fucking Knox?!
December 2, 2016
Woah! This movie's shit, y'all!
½ November 21, 2016
wants to give it zero stars....
November 11, 2016
So what if it is a bad sic-fi flick? I love it.
November 1, 2016
Seriously, this is possibly the worst film I've seen tied to "Manos: The Hands Of Fate". The acting is over-the-top. The dialogue is weak, the costumes are laughable, the directing was amateur at best, the villains were incredibly STUPID, and the special effects ranged from OK to OH-NO. I know this brings credibility to the term "So bad, its good", but seriously.....it's BAD.

Verdict: AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
½ October 31, 2016
I obviously stand in the minority on this issue but I really liked the movie. I do think you have to have read the book to fill in the story line on this massive story.
I have no leverage to make you watch it but you should.