Before Sunrise - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Before Sunrise Reviews

½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.3/10 - 4.5/5
November 30, 2016
The movie captures the connection between two strangers who meet by chance. The moment feels so real, so human. The stolen glances, the gentle touch, the getting-into-each-other's-minds. It shows what a relationship could be. It's bittersweet and terribly romantic.
November 9, 2016
Romantic excellence with one of the most natural acting chemistry to be ever put on film
October 8, 2016
I love a good romance, but she should have stayed on the train. Film should be called "My insipid day in Vienna with an American clod." I wish they had gone to the play so I could have seen the cow smoking with his hooves. The only slightly interesting scene was in the cafe, catching snippets of other people's conversations.
½ October 8, 2016
It was okay for the first half an hour but I thought the talking was never gonna stop.
September 22, 2016
Before Sunrise is the independent romance film directed by Richard Linklater, and starring Ethan Hawke as Jesse and Julie Delpy as Celine. Being as I was born in the late 90's and did not get into movies until I was 13 or so, I was not aware of this movie until very recently. And I'm glad I did not watch it until now. This is a very unique, dialogue driven movie, that has no real story or plot, but is just a long string of conversations. And I am afraid that it I had seen this movie any earlier than I did, I would not have appreciated it. But since I saw it when I did, I do appreciate it. In fact I think it is a romantic masterpiece of a film.
Before Sunrise follows Jesse and Celine, two people in their early twenties, who meet on a train and decide to spend the rest of the day together in Vienna. Jesse has a flight back to America in the morning, and Celine has to catch a train to Paris the next day. With only one night together, these two people walk around Vienna and just talk and get to know each other. They discuss love, life, hopes, dreams, fears, time, sex, and everything in between those. And the greatest praise that I can give this film is that it is real. You as a viewer never doubt for a moment that these two people actually have a connection and are somehow infatuated with each other.
The realistic nature of this movie is based on three key things: Acting, writing, and directing, all of which are some of the best of all time. Hawke and Delpy have to carry this movie on their own, and they do it better than I had ever hoped. They seem so real and in tune with these characters that they disappear into their roles completely. They are both perfect. The writing by Linklater is painfully honest and so beautiful that it becomes so recognizable to conversations that you have had before. It is genius writing in every sense of the word. By far one of the most honest and beautiful scripts ever. And the directing is something to behold. I will not say anymore than this: Long Takes. They are great.
All in all, Before Sunrise is a romantic masterpiece in every sense of the world. I loved this movie, every second of it, and it is one of my favorite romance films.

10/10
September 10, 2016
Thoughtful, smart, touching, poignant, beautiful, funny, existential, tragic, complex, hopeful, raw, insightful, romantic, realistic, and flawless. Gorgeously shot and boasting one of the best scripts of the 90s that examines both the mysterious, instantaneous simplicity of attraction and the deep, multifaceted philosophical aspects of human nature, love, and the meaning of life. Before Sunrise masterfully portrays human connection as both a fleeting, superficial escape and the ultimate purpose of one's existence, all while forcing us to recall our past and ponder our future regarding those whom we've loved and seek to love.
½ September 10, 2016
Um filme cheio de conteúdo, fantásticas representações. O melhor que já vi do género
August 19, 2016
Really, really nice.
½ July 7, 2016
One of those movies whose constituent parts and tonal simplicity seem to promise so little, substantially similar to Linklater's recent masterpiece Boyhood and yet the work of a much younger man. Cynics and the twist-addicted should avoid like the plague this lengthy conversation piece with only occasional voices other than Delpy and Hawke, who paint an incredibly real picture of strangers who become soulmates in the course of a single night in Vienna. The city authorities should have paid the director a significant retainer for the four dimensional love letter he paints to its winding streets, tasteful eateries and ferris wheels. The city hasn't looked this good since Carol Reed's The Third Man. A tiny, honest wonder that will stay with anyone in possession of a heart and a sense of melodrama.
June 25, 2016
I give this an A+/100.
June 21, 2016
Infinitely boring American romance with empty two-way dialogues.
June 21, 2016
Infinitely boring American romance with empty two-way dialogues.
June 16, 2016
Works from the palpable chemistry and simple but elegant premise.
June 14, 2016
I'm just impressed with the beauty of this movie. It feels like two regular people talking rather than actors playing a part. I'm just so in love with how these people are falling in love and the deeper meaning of romance. It's a definitely a must watch -- Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy look as if they're actually falling for each other.
June 11, 2016
So simple, so natural (if not a little too snappy), so real, Yet totally out of this world romantic.
½ June 3, 2016
An affecting and sweet love story that manages to avoid Hollywood clichés due to Richard Linklater's clever and original script, deft direction and the mesmerizing chemistry between Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy.
May 9, 2016
An absolutely beautiful film wonderfully filmed. Always a joy to watch Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delphey) walking and talking. A perfect example of chemistry. A perfect Romantic movie.
½ May 4, 2016
I think this was the best of the trilogy. It was sweet-natured and the conversations the couple had throughout the film kept my interest.