Bicentennial Man Reviews

• 1d ago

Taking one of the most animated comic minds of the era and compressing him into a literally robotic performance is a recipe for disaster.

• Feb 18, 2020

I love Robin Williams and almost each and every of his movies. This is the one of my favorites for many years, second maybe to the Good Will Hunting and What Dreams May Come. I've seen it many times and I'm still getting so emotional over it. It is just a perfect product, with a great soundtrack to setup the mood and enhance the storytelling, great cinematography, amazing acting by the leads, strong VFX and makeup. For me personally, this movie is in a bucket of 90s legends and I would cut someone who disagrees.

• Feb 08, 2020

Touching, funny and humane. A great performance by Robbin Williams.

Touching, funny and humane. A great performance by Robbin Williams.

• Jan 15, 2020

A beautiful story about the real meaning of being human. One of my favourite movie soundtracks ever!

• Jan 08, 2020

Isaac Asimov is one of my favorite writers. I've read probably 20-30 of his books and short stories. Bicentennial Man is probably one of my least favorite stories of his, its too precious and beats you over the head over and over and over again. You can learn a lot about your humanity by watching the efforts to recreate or imitate it, whether it be by a child or a robot. That's fine and cool. That's an ongoing theme for Asimov. I love his Liar story which is a smaller bite, but plays perfectly. I don't like this because at the end of the movie, you are taking something that felt like it should have been more of a poetic statement, and sucking all the magic out of it. You can't glorify the spirit of man and then try to act that getting citizenship is the culmination of it. That's just stupid.

• Jan 03, 2020

Embeth Davidtz and Robin Williams do an awesome job. I never understood why so many people did not like the movie. It's fantasy, people. It takes letting go, suspension of belief, and focusing on the wonders of life itself. Fantastic movie. Touching and funny.

• Nov 27, 2019

Love it. Yes, it's overly sentimental and plays on our heartstrings but it's a lovely and funny film about a robot seeking to be human. Romance at its finest.

• Oct 16, 2019

One of my all time favorites. Ahead of itd time with its scifi tech concepts in medicine, robotics and AI. It will leave you happy and sad at the same time.

• Oct 08, 2019

One Of My Favorite Robin William Movies deserves a better rating than What It Got

• Oct 08, 2019

I am surprised that this movie did not get a higher rating. Robin Williams was, as usual, terrific! Embeth Davidtz, was excellent in all her characters and the music...is beautiful and intense. The story transverses the machine vs. human and gives us all food for thought about accepting what we do not understand or, even, fear.... I can watch it over and over.