Blue Valentine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Valentine Reviews

July 20, 2016
best movie for a first date. it's pretty great also.
July 10, 2016
I love Ryan Gosling and his movies are usually great even when they are bad they are still kinda good... this movie I hate... mostly because his character was sooooooo painfully pathetic... The acting was great.. I don't feel they did a good job making us feel their love... this was a sad pathetic tale of a bad situation a lot of people find themselves in... 3 stars for acting... minus 2 stars for the lack of depth and emotional connection in the love story
June 27, 2016
This was a pretty good movie and I'm not such a guy for love stories but this was more Real to me. It cas a bit too long for my taste but that didn't affect the over-all experience....which was nice.
½ June 25, 2016
disturbing yet sadly sexy.
½ June 19, 2016
Poignant, powerfully acted and thought-provoking.
June 13, 2016
Really good movie. Amazing writing. Haven't seen a movie so well written in a while. Would have gotten a higher rating if it weren't so depressing. I think it's a tad too much.
½ June 1, 2016
Blue Valentine is a very real movie. No sugar coating. Sometimes people with really strong connections will end up breaking up and that's just the sad reality this tries to prove. Good acting and everything else. That being said, there's no much to else to this story. I guess since I haven't really gone through the same thing it doesn't get to me, and I can't help to think it will be a forgettable film for me.
½ May 20, 2016
El tener una corta edad y mirar una película como esta es un ejercicio interesante, y dependiendo de la persona, puede hasta ser muy emotivo. La primera que vez que vi esta película fue hace año y medio, dos, y recién estaba empezando a generar el amor por el cine, lógicamente fue una de mis experiencias favoritas. El drama fue, es y sera mi genero favorito por el simple motivo de que adoro un buen guion entre un numero limitado de personajes, y esta obra no es la excepción.
Si mi memoria no falla esta es la mejor actuación de Gosling. Y con respecto a Williams no conozco prácticamente nada de su trabajo, pero en aquí lo hizo fenomenal.
Excelente química entre personajes, buen guion, dirección, y una banda sonora que aparece cuando tiene que aparecer.
20/05/16 - 04:31 pm
April 16, 2016
With great performances from the leading cast and the very few supporting actors/actresses, Blue Valentine is a wonderful film about the tragic road of love; moral of the story love comes in many forms and sometimes the forms that is comes is not pleasant .
March 20, 2016
A heartbreaking and unforgettable experience that stays with you long after it's over. Gosling and Williams are incredible in their roles. One of the best romance films I've ever seen.
½ March 16, 2016
I could say that Blue Valentine is an "elegant" autopsy of a failed marriage. The simplicity of the scenario makes the rare emotional intensity of the film. The best point about the movie is the contrast between the giddy beginning and the sad-ending of the couple. I think this kind of movie should deserve a wider audience but it's probably too authentically tragic for some that I could chock them ...
March 3, 2016
Genuine heartbreaking.
February 29, 2016
The direction and performances are absolutely oscar worthy and so much better than the oscar bait shit that actually gets the awards. Its hard to find movies with this sensetivity and sophistication. Its obvervant, honest, powerful and understanding.
½ February 27, 2016
Super depressing, but not even in a focused way. The film is filled with throw away comments, and scenes that leave the audience not only with the sense that their relationship is doomed, but that the whole world is in a sense. Everything is left feeling disgusting and sad by the end, without a faintest hope for anyone.
½ February 26, 2016
I found this movie to be so sad!! I will say it is a powerful emotional movie and so different type of tale but also just not my taste.
½ February 12, 2016
It does what it is setting out to do perfectly, but I can't see myself giving this film another view. Painful to watch at time, but really worth it. 7/10
January 10, 2016
This has been on my 'Want to See' list for a long time and I really liked Cianfrance's other film 'The Place Beyond the Pines'...this didn't though I'm afraid quite hit the right notes for me. There are basically two films running parallel, one telling the story of how the central couple got together and another examining them now as their marriage falls apart. Perhaps it says more about me but I loved the romantic past story and was just completely uninterested in the marriage on the rocks one. The performances by Williams and Gosling are excellent but I felt it never really explained why they were struggling and as a result I lost interest. Still worth watching to make up your own mind though.
½ January 4, 2016
Lol that's cool, I didn't feel like being happy today anyway.