Body Cam Reviews

• Jun 25, 2020

What could've been a one of a kind movie with an interesting and unique concept is brought down to a mediocre attempt due to poor execution. Body Cam in genius in adding horror elements to such a serious timely issue. If only it developed the story better.

• Jun 20, 2020

Now talk about impeccable timing; a horror film dealing with the pain and trauma of police brutality towards black people, and the corrupt cops who keeps that specter alive...literally. Mary G. Blige plays a cop with a troublesome violent past herself, who, while investigating the gruesome murder of a colleague, finds out that the proofs she manages to see on body cam footage seems to become unwatchable to anyone else. As supernatural murders of other cops continues, she finds that the solution hits closer to home than she would like to admit. While the film doesn't reinvent the wheel, and some twists can be predicted a while ahead of time, it provides a healthy dose of good scares, has some genuinely creepy suspenseful moments (That opening scene in the rain, with the relentless beat of the windshield wiper, is particularly gripping) and is a great addition in the growing series of socially relevant horror films like CANDYMAN, GET OUT and US, just to name a few. The performances are pretty strong, especially by Blige, who carries most of the emotional weight of the film. The inability to see Body Cam footage by fellow cops being an obvious metaphor for the law's unwillingness to consider proof in cases involving the murder of black people by the police, like it's the case right now with Breonna Taylor's killing which has recently being issued with a virtually blank report of the ''incident''. There is a righteous feeling of revenge in the film that feels all too true and appropriate, and the civil unrest that is blossoming in its fictitious story has bloomed to a deservedly full-blown revolution in our reality and in our streets. Longing for the day such a film will find its genesis in the twisted mind of its writers, and not in a painfully long history of systemic racism.

• Jun 09, 2020

Supernatural cop thriller offers the thrills and creeps in places but without any explanation as to the origin of the "shadow" killer. Entertaining watch though.

• Jun 08, 2020

"I am a cop, bitch" I freakin' screamed Right after ugly-crying a few scenes earlier... This movie is exactly what the world needs right now. It is relevant on so many levels. Don't believe the shitty reviews: the horror is solid and there's just enough action to keep it from getting stale. Definitely better than Knives Out. If you are a fan of Mary J Blige you will love her in this. Btw anyone else notice this singer-turn-cop trend? First J. Lo in Blue Bloods, now Mary J in Body Cam... I wonder who will be next?

• May 31, 2020

This movie is good period. I don't understand the hate it's receiving from the critics. It's a high concept scary film in the vein of Jordan Peele's, Get Out. Sure the film not as polished but if you love Mary J. Blidge then you'll love her in this. I was unsure about how good this film would be since there was minimal advertising for it, i just came across on Google Films and the concept intrigued me, but as mentioned the reviews were generally not kind. I gave it a try and was just pleasantly surprised by how thrilling it was. I know the topics it is portraying is very salient given the current environment .

• May 27, 2020

'Body Cam' is uneven cop horror thriller that wastes a unique idea on its misguided execution.

• May 24, 2020

Cue the butt hurt eurocentrics with their slighted false reviews. This movie was well filmed. It is reminiscent of those lovely Japanese horror movies with a relevant plot.

• May 20, 2020

Mediocre and unrealistic with way too much unnecessary social commentary and a ridiculous ending that felt like it was written by an angry protester .

• May 20, 2020

I thought it was a great movie 🎥 I really did enjoy it it was well put together great story line