Brittany Runs a Marathon Reviews

• May 15, 2020

Adorable, motivational, relatable and funny movie. As a fellow runner I can relate to the triumph and failures and frustrations and highs from it all. Actors did a great job too!

• May 05, 2020

Awe...such a cute movie. Also has sad spots but overall a feel good movie.

Awe...such a cute movie. Also has sad spots but overall a feel good movie.

• Apr 28, 2020

Maybe the perfect blend of comedy and feelings... and marathon.

Maybe the perfect blend of comedy and feelings... and marathon.

• Apr 23, 2020

Brittany Runs a Marathon Review: Brittany Runs a Marathon follows a young woman who decides to make positive changes in her life by training for the New York City Marathon. Ever since this won the dramatic audience award at Sundance this year I've had pretty high hopes for this. The buzz died down, which is understandable, however I wanted to see this whenever the opportunity came to me. To my surprise it came to a nearby town for some reason and I went to see it right away. There were two other people in the theater which honestly surprised me since nobody has really heard of this. I thoroughly enjoyed Brittany Runs a Marathon. Though it's a pretty predictable story and all, I thought it had a lot of substance to it with great messages about life, the overlying one about accomplishments. Jillian Bell had her best performance in this. I thought she was funny and dramatic. I don't really think this is a drama but more of a comedy, feel-good but I understand why it won the dramatic award. She really made the film special. I don't know if she relates to the character (I should say this is based on a true story from what I know) but she really developed herself. The whole cast is very good as well. All the characters have problems in their lives and I liked how they expanded upon them. One character, played by Utkarsh Ambudkar, was probably the weakest link to me. I understood his purpose but I didn't really care about him so his scenes were there for him to be funny and not much else. Like I said earlier, the stairs is predictable. It is a good story. The 1:40 hour runtime actually felt pretty long to me, but in a good way. The acts are divided up pretty well and it didn't have problems with tone. It switched from being serious to comedic with ease. This is a film focused on characters, story, and life itself. I think there are good lessons to be learned, especially if your life isn't perfect. Brittany's isn't and I like how she finds different ways to make it better. She doesn't find one solution to help it. There are many times when she gives up, but never actually quits. The experiences she has when first running are pretty emotional since she feels so self conscious and the emotion was there. I just wanted to climb in the screen and tell her everything will be fine. The end actually made me feel emotional for some reason. I don't know if it was just because I was happy or something but I just felt that way. The title also says a lot. It's not just about running a marathon but also the seemingly endless marathon of life, full of challenges and stress. I do believe this is a good film that people should see if they want a feel-good film or may just be interested in this. My Grade: A-

• Apr 17, 2020

できない、やらない理由はいくらでも探せるけど、一歩踏み出す勇気や意志、その葛藤にすごく共感する!

できない、やらない理由はいくらでも探せるけど、一歩踏み出す勇気や意志、その葛藤にすごく共感する!

• Apr 13, 2020

This is the kind of story that I wish was portrayed more often. It was so inspiring to me to see a woman similar to me be the star of the show. The struggles she went through - and her eventual victory - were very realistic and to me, extremely relatable. Very well done. Would like to see more movies like this.

• Apr 13, 2020

Brittany should have set her goals higher than a marathon... like therapy, maybe.

• Apr 10, 2020

It was quite moving at times; more deep than I expected. What set it back from being great was that it skipped a bit of time. It was good though, I'm glad I watched it.

• Apr 07, 2020

A friend had recommended this movie. I am so happy I followed through and watched this because it was one of the better movies I've seen in quite a while! It really doesn't shy away from any negative or bad aspect of what she's going through and I think that's what makes this film so powerful.

• Apr 02, 2020

Brittany Runs a Marathon is the lockdown wellbeing incentive we all need. A feel good humourous and sweet film, with Bell perfectly cast. It highlights self image issues sensitively. Run to see it.