Brittany Runs a Marathon Reviews

• Nichole S
    1d ago

really great movie and inspirational at points in the movie. has good laughs and some serious points. really highlights the struggles of weight loss

• 3d ago

Brittany Runs a Marathon Review: Brittany Runs a Marathon follows a young woman who decides to make positive changes in her life by training for the New York City Marathon. Ever since this won the dramatic audience award at Sundance this year I've had pretty high hopes for this. The buzz died down, which is understandable, however I wanted to see this whenever the opportunity came to me. To my surprise it came to a nearby town for some reason and I went to see it right away. There were two other people in the theater which honestly surprised me since nobody has really heard of this. I thoroughly enjoyed Brittany Runs a Marathon. Though it's a pretty predictable story and all, I thought it had a lot of substance to it with great messages about life, the overlying one about accomplishments. Jillian Bell had her best performance in this. I thought she was funny and dramatic. I don't really think this is a drama but more of a comedy, feel-good but I understand why it won the dramatic award. She really made the film special. I don't know if she relates to the character (I should say this is based on a true story from what I know) but she really developed herself. The whole cast is very good as well. All the characters have problems in their lives and I liked how they expanded upon them. One character, played by Utkarsh Ambudkar, was probably the weakest link to me. I understood his purpose but I didn't really care about him so his scenes were there for him to be funny and not much else. Like I said earlier, the stairs is predictable. It is a good story. The 1:40 hour runtime actually felt pretty long to me, but in a good way. The acts are divided up pretty well and it didn't have problems with tone. It switched from being serious to comedic with ease. This is a film focused on characters, story, and life itself. I think there are good lessons to be learned, especially if your life isn't perfect. Brittany's isn't and I like how she finds different ways to make it better. She doesn't find one solution to help it. There are many times when she gives up, but never actually quits. The experiences she has when first running are pretty emotional since she feels so self conscious and the emotion was there. I just wanted to climb in the screen and tell her everything will be fine. The end actually made me feel emotional for some reason. I don't know if it was just because I was happy or something but I just felt that way. The title also says a lot. It's not just about running a marathon but also the seemingly endless marathon of life, full of challenges and stress. I do believe this is a good film that people should see if they want a feel-good film or may just be interested in this. My Grade: A-

• NA
    4d ago

I didn't care for the promiscuity.

I didn't care for the promiscuity.

• Ronny
    4d ago

Very inspirational movie I wish was playing everywhere and having to drive 30 miles to see this movie was worth it but sad others couldn't experience what I saw so easily. Excellent film.

• Guy C

Great feel good story.

Great feel good story.

• Deborah
    5d ago

We loved the movie even though we thought it was going to be more of a comedy. There were many funny scenes, but the story was more inspirational than comedy. I would recommend it.

• cat
    6d ago

Pretty good got a little slow. Loved the message

Pretty good got a little slow. Loved the message

• Simone
    Oct 12, 2019

Great entertainment with a heart.

Great entertainment with a heart.

• Oct 10, 2019

my new favorite movie

my new favorite movie

• Oct 09, 2019

A win for fat girls everywhere! We too can run!

A win for fat girls everywhere! We too can run!