Carol Reviews

• 4d ago

The actresses are fantastic in this film besides the cinematography being very beautiful

• 5d ago

Love how Cate and Rooney played their characters. The silence and exchanged gazes in the film speak so much volume of the romance between them. The music is also very good, goes very well with the intimacy and the tense of these two people in love. must watch! It's a shame Cate didn't win an Oscar for this.

• Feb 07, 2020

How I love Cate and Rooney. Such a splendish masterpiece

How I love Cate and Rooney. Such a splendish masterpiece

• Jan 21, 2020

esplendida, de principio a fin, refresca los ojos de los formatos de cine altamente explotados

• Jan 11, 2020

Even though I do not have a natural attraction to the two main characters, the movie is so close to perfection in so many regards that it makes it an absolute must-watch in my opinion. The main actresses deliver outstanding performance, the photography is masterful and the soundtrack was so immersive and brilliantly crafted.

• Jan 05, 2020

This is a poignant movie. Well acted. If you're not a gay woman, I can see where some people would think it drags. The 50's were a different era and being gay was seen as anathema the zeitgeist is different now, and this film is adept at capturing the taboo of being gay. I was relieved that the movie ended on a promising, although, somewhat measured note, a suggestion that there would be a happy ending. Cate Blanchett did a fabulous job here. Everyone did.

• Dec 29, 2019

Favorite movie, everything is so perfectly and artistically done, the scenarios, the soundtrack, the actresses; it amazingly represented the L in the LGBT community.

• Dec 27, 2019

Good movie and you must watch the movie carefully to get everything

Good movie and you must watch the movie carefully to get everything

• Dec 15, 2019

An important piece of cinema that everyone should smile at at least once!

An important piece of cinema that everyone should smile at at least once!

• Dec 09, 2019

Just watched it for a second time to see if I could find anything about this film that I like. I cannot. Even with such talent in front of the camera, I found it pretentious, agonisingly slow, and compellingly dreary. Todd Haines obviously thinks all you need to tell a story is to have period detail and endless long, moody pauses. No. This is yet another attempt of his to do something meaningful that simply fails to possess any dramatic effect.