Cheaper by the Dozen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cheaper by the Dozen Reviews

July 18, 2016
Don't listen to the critics it's a great family
Movie
June 26, 2016
Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt raising 12 kids is crazy!
June 6, 2016
Ok but it's predictable and most of the laughs are silly and nothing new.
May 26, 2016
A fun and entertaining family film with Steve Martin. I recommend it.
May 2, 2016
Football coach and father of twelve moves his family and finds that nobody is happy. The comedy is forced and every one of the children are a stock character not worth caring about (i.e. the jock, the princess, the nerd, the trickster).
March 26, 2016
This is a funny movie Steve Martin is hilarious as all ways and this will make a good funny movie! So if you like funny movies see this one
½ February 12, 2016
This is a movie that has a genuinely warm heart. It's funny and has a surprising emotional touch that makes it worthwhile. It's not a masterpiece or anything but it's a movie that'll put a smile on your face and has a unique premise.
½ January 27, 2016
The kids are extremely annoying! That's my number one complaint for this movie. Although Steve Martin can be funny at times, he wasn't really the one I was laughing at. Ashton Cutcher did that for me. I still don't know if his character was intentionally funny or not, because he's supposed to be a real jerk. It's really not the best family comedy (mostly because the kids stress me out) but it's pretty harmless.
½ November 12, 2015
Don't have 12 kids..
August 16, 2015
overall unoriginal, fairly bland Hollywood formulaic flick. maybe it got better. did not watch all. some merits. I liked some of the background music and good overall message.
August 3, 2015
A pale remake with hardly a laugh.
July 30, 2015
Having watched this movie growing up, I really enjoy this film. It's not the greatest family comedy ever, but it throws in just enough laughs and heart to make me want to watch it at least once a year.
½ July 4, 2015
ABSOLUTLEY LOVEEE THIS MOVIE
June 21, 2015
I first saw this in New Hampshire at a hotel and loved it. The actors were great, Not a waste of time to see, 12 is a lot! Its the number of games that Tom (Steve Martin) coaches; it's also the number of months a book was on the top seller list and the number of kids they take care of.
June 11, 2015
I was intensely moved by Cheaper by the Dozen. I know there are too many slapsticky scenes of the children wreaking havoc on their own home, but the movie has a real sweetness to it. What a delightful family film.
June 6, 2015
Its a decent feel good family classic and one of my favorites as a kid. The plot is alright but Cheaper by the Dozen has an entertaining cast that is very amusing at times throughout the movie. Hilary Duff is a bae too.
May 26, 2015
Predictability and simplicity overwhelms what would be a genuine, family comedy with classic Steve Martin laughs.
April 24, 2015
I hadn't really been interested in seeing this film. The tale just seemed cliche and to me Hillary Duff's presence pretty much sums up the quality of the movie.

I was a little wrong. Hilary is annoying, but bearable. And I am almost embarrassed to say that this film is a guilty pleasure. There is something... charming and sweet about it. Sure, it's nothing new. And perhaps I'm a sentimental old fool, but I thought it was okay. Nightmarish big family, but okay, haha. I felt exhausted for them just watching.

I'm surprised Bonnie Hunt hasn't gotten much recognition over the years. She always gives solid performances and is delightful on screen.
½ April 2, 2015
Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's the memorable cast, but this delightful family film always has me smiling.