Cheaper by the Dozen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cheaper by the Dozen Reviews

May 21, 2017
A very nice, funny, sweet film. It's a little hard to like Steve Martin's character at first because of how arrogant he is, but he turns into a very nice, loving dad. Great for kids and adults alike
½ May 13, 2017
Big family fun. A little corny perhaps, but I thought it was sweet. (First viewing - December 2003 in theaters)
May 2, 2017
Such a silly movie to watch that will make you laugh
March 31, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: 'Cheaper by the Dozen' is a pretty fun movie that will occasionally produce some giggles, but will always produce a smile. Yes the appeal of this so-called comedy can more so be found in the endearing characterisation and simple messages, rather than where its cheap, slapstick laughs are concerned.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It really is nothing remotely profound, emotional or even at all funny, and as a result it's extremelly forgettable and lacks any sort of genuine purpose.
VERDICT: It doesn't stand-out in the slightest, and it isn't funny at all, but Cheaper by the Dozen is unquestionably a charming and fun film that the whole family can enjoy.
January 8, 2017
As a movie, it stinks. As a flick to watch if you're like 10, then it's entertaining.
December 11, 2016
Steve Martin is not funny. Write that down.
½ December 4, 2016
Cheaper by the dozen was a great movie to watch if you are looking for humor and family values. While the family faces problems when moving to a new place and having the parents trying to handle everything at once it becomes too much and forces them to take a step back and remember what really matters to them. Family is a huge theme and therefore something that is made important throughout the movie and something that is made important to the viewer. Overall this was a great movie to watch!
½ October 16, 2016
A boring ill timed comedy with lazy gags and a boring story to go with it. Skip this movie you'll be glad you did.
½ September 25, 2016
The kids are extremely annoying! That's my number one complaint for this movie. Although Steve Martin can be funny at times, he wasn't really the one I was laughing at. Ashton Cutcher did that for me. I still don't know if his character was intentionally funny or not, because he's supposed to be a real jerk. It's really not the best family comedy (mostly because the kids stress me out) but, for what it is, it's pretty harmless.
September 22, 2016
Cheaper By the Dozen is a movie that you'll be glad that you watched. It may surprise you.
July 18, 2016
Don't listen to the critics it's a great family
Movie
June 26, 2016
Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt raising 12 kids is crazy!
jamrcla
June 6, 2016
Ok but it's predictable and most of the laughs are silly and nothing new.
May 26, 2016
A fun and entertaining family film with Steve Martin. I recommend it.
May 2, 2016
Football coach and father of twelve moves his family and finds that nobody is happy. The comedy is forced and every one of the children are a stock character not worth caring about (i.e. the jock, the princess, the nerd, the trickster).
March 26, 2016
This is a funny movie Steve Martin is hilarious as all ways and this will make a good funny movie! So if you like funny movies see this one
½ February 12, 2016
This is a movie that has a genuinely warm heart. It's funny and has a surprising emotional touch that makes it worthwhile. It's not a masterpiece or anything but it's a movie that'll put a smile on your face and has a unique premise.
½ November 12, 2015
Don't have 12 kids..
August 16, 2015
overall unoriginal, fairly bland Hollywood formulaic flick. maybe it got better. did not watch all. some merits. I liked some of the background music and good overall message.