Chronicle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chronicle Reviews

July 21, 2016
Really cool concept. I'd definitely become a villain
July 19, 2016
An awesome film that gets the superhero mythos right.
July 15, 2016
Great character development throughout as well as great acting.
July 11, 2016
Great movie. I loved it.
July 8, 2016
Even with the found footage style which I'm not a fan of I still loved this movie
July 5, 2016
great film with a clever use of the found footage
June 25, 2016
People Say Animation is Terrible, But this is not an animated movie.
This is one of the better Found Footage Films out there.
This is actually the first found footage film i have ever seen in my life and saw it in the theatres, Congratulations Josh Trank, You have been rewarded the best director of found footage movies.

Grade: A-
June 20, 2016
Creative, well-acted and well-directed.
½ June 20, 2016
Three teenagers turn superhero but fortunately one of them is psychotic.
June 9, 2016
I can't believe I just spent 1hr 23 min watching how much of a douchebag the characters can be...I find them very annoying, especially the "oh so troubled" teen Andrew. Much to my surprise, I practically dislike all the characters in this movie. And all the stupid pranks and just laughing at the camera is a big turnoff. Guess some would praise it's a true depiction of adolescence. The plot is very pointless and you don't know where it's heading until the very end. I'm still curious as to what caused them to have superpowers.
½ June 3, 2016
The low budget may let down Chronicle somewhat, but you can't get past the fact that it's still the best found-footage movie to come out since Blair Witch, and it's mostly thanks to the incredible performances of DeHaan and B. Jordan that this is the case.
½ May 31, 2016
The only possible complaint you could have with this movie is the so-so visual effects and it's sometimes forgettable dialogue, nevertheless, Chronicle is an entertaining, orignal and engaging sci-fi thriller, with some great performances and a welcome, actually decent use of it's found-footage direction.
½ May 2, 2016
This was advertised as a fun movie where a teen gets special powers and shares it with his friends but it starts to become an overly dark and 'edgy' film where you start to hate everyone in the film. If you liked them, they probably died in the film. And then the movie loses ratings because of how it was promoted too.

On top of that, these kids are not original in what they do with their powers. BEER PONG?! Seriously?! I guess that's the best the writers could come up with.
April 11, 2016
"Chronicle" is a really enjoyable flick with odd twists that make you feel just right!
March 28, 2016
This has a brilliant, well-written story and a great cast.
½ March 20, 2016
An original and very interesting movie, with a format used for horror movies lately (too much already). It's makes you remember Akira
March 17, 2016
One of the most surprising films in a while, Chronicle utilises the found footage style format and the amazing performances from the 3 leads to create a brilliantly entertaining film with a conclusion that had me on the edge of my seat.
March 16, 2016
Chronicle is a well written and well acted tale of three teenagers discovering their powers..â¦â¦
½ March 14, 2016
Loved it. Pretty heavy story line.