Coming to America Reviews

• May 25, 2019

A freakin classic! This one is for the culture!

A freakin classic! This one is for the culture!

• May 07, 2019

One of the best comedies...EVER.

One of the best comedies...EVER.

• May 04, 2019

Excellent classic Murphy movie. 67% rating per the critics. Look at when the movie came out and when these reviewa were made. It'd be the equivalent of these snowflakes reviewing Eddie Murphy Raw. Homophobic. Disgraceful. Etc. This movie was fantastic when it came out and it's still an amazing representation of those times.

• Apr 22, 2019

While a very familiar fish out of water story, Coming To America still manages laughs from Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall, including costumes plus make-up that make it quite exceptional

• Apr 14, 2019

La comedia satirica se convierte en algo ocasional para un Eddie Murphy que esta intentando profundizar en un mundo clasista donde el poder negro se alza como satira social y reflexiva, no es el intento mas grande de la carrera de Landis pero si su ultima muestra de lucidez.

• Apr 12, 2019

While there are frequent moments of laughs as Murphy and Hall play various roles, the film suffers due to the fact that Eddie Murphy plays a more reserved lead character.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Apr 12, 2019

Hasn't aged flawlessly, made some stylistic decisions that probably would have come across as weird even at the time, and not the sort of thing (American comedy) that typically appeals to me. But I can still absolutely see why Coming to America is remembered as fondly as it is. I liked it by and large more than the most similar offerings of today.

• Mar 14, 2019

A masterpiece! So much subtle humor mixed in with the obvious stuff. Amazing costuming and trick photography. Extremely charming.

• Feb 14, 2019

Coming to America features iconic performances from both Murhpy and Hall in several roles, big laughs throughout, and a big heart, making this another high point for Landis's career, even though the satire doesn't quite have the bite that Trading Places had and ends on an unfortunately uninspired note.

• Feb 04, 2019

Must see movie! Incredible talent. It should have won all of the awards possible. I've seen it 50 times. A Funny as hell romantic comedy! I have never seen so many GORGEOUS black women in a movie.