The Constant Gardener - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

October 8, 2017
HATE THIS MOVIE. THEY KILLED JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'(
WHY???????????????
½ October 7, 2017
Rachel Wiesz shines in this role as wife to a typical British Diplomat, as she investigates Pharma companies doing tests on African people. The movie does not centre enough for one to actually grasp the overall meaning and to there is no real suffering to bring context. Fiennes turns into his wife's shadow when she dies and shows that his character can get his hands dirty. Set in Kenya, this movie highlights the slums but also the magesty that the African country offers. A good performance overall.
½ June 29, 2017
What a fucked up movie! Inspiring and dark that holds your attention to the very end!
June 10, 2017
As the film went on it became clear that the film was more interested in squawking in outrage then in telling a story that would interest all the way through.
½ April 17, 2017
Although thought-provoking and undeniably tense, I never really found myself as interested in "The Constant Gardener" as I wanted to.
April 11, 2017
Really good and interesting. Had a good plot in it, but I wish Rachel had more screen time in the movie :( she was very beautiful and I liked her character alot!
March 28, 2017
The plot, the evil drug company, is a bit tiresome. But the acting is good and the movie scenery WAY above average.
½ March 16, 2017
Great movie. Featuring layers upon layers of character development, beautiful direction, thrilling storytelling and phenomenal performances from Fiennes and Weisz, this is a superior entry into the spy genre from master novelist Le Carré.
February 20, 2017
Powerful and infuriating story about big pharmaceutical abuse of power and greed. That humans are used as guinea pigs is unconscionable and despicable. Sad, tragic and heartbreaking.
December 20, 2016
This was really good. I've never seen this, but now I have. Rachel Weisz won Best Supporting Actress in this movie back in 2006. Ralph Fiennes is also is in this movie. I liked it very much
½ November 14, 2016
Too nuanced for it's own good. You finish the film I just ask yourself, "so what happened exactly?"
½ October 27, 2016
I was a little disappointed by how slow this was when I had heard such good things about it, .A Bit Depressing, although I do think we all should know more about the Plight of Aids in 3rd World Countries
½ September 12, 2016
The Constant Gardener blends Ralph Fiennes's excellent performance into an absorbing plot narrative that is suspenseful at times, benefiting from the masterfully written romance at the heart of it all.
September 11, 2016
Strong lead performances can't overcome a formulaic, uneventful plot and a messy timeline that distracts the audience.
September 3, 2016
Interesting though old school type movie.
½ August 28, 2016
Featuring a taut, intelligent story with strong political elements, "The Constant Gardener" is a gripping conspiracy thriller elevated by the performances of Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz.
½ August 24, 2016
One of the most boring movies of all time. Very disappointing.
½ July 13, 2016
Meirelles directs this taut political thriller with a remarkable control over the material in his hands and fantastic performances from his cast, and the result is a gripping, suspenseful mystery, an engaging love story and an intelligent statement on an important subject.
June 5, 2016
The movie has an average script well supported by a lead star cast, who ably perform well under the director Fernando Meirelles tutelage. This is based on John la Carre novels. Rachel Weisz plays Tessa, wife of Justin Quayle played by Ralph Fieness who is interested in gardening, hence the name, "The Constant Gardener". The movie deals with the delicate topic of Clinical trials conducted by multi-national companies on innocent people in far-flung countries were they are devoid of any rules, and even if there are any, it's easy to bend them as per their convenience. Even though it is not clear who supervises the kill order on Justin Quayle, it has to be Sandy, because they don't show the face of the man, except a British voice welcomes him. Overall, a good watch, with Ralph Fieness as a nice, reticent man and his wife played by Rachel Weisz who is completely opposite of him, added with a mixture of corporate clinical trials drama thrown in for a very good measure.
½ February 18, 2016