The Core - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Core Reviews

September 11, 2018
Truly a terrible movie. Do not see it! POS! A lot of talent wasted.The core of the Earth stops spinning? Bullsh*t...
August 26, 2018
Although the Core came out in 2003 it seems more like a product of the mid-late 90s disaster films. Similar look, basic premise and big stars- recipe for the holiday blockbuster. But The Core was panned by critics as I recall and one look at the wiki page tells me it was a box office dud failing to recoup its production budget. But it's alright film if you can shut your brains down. It's so bad its good and for such films scientific accuracy or common sense should not be used.
August 23, 2018
August 5, 2018
½ August 2, 2018
So bad it's kind of good...
July 12, 2018
July 8, 2018
Sophomoric; trite and terrible plot. Add to that actors who want to be convincing but you can tell they are not convinced of their own script.
May 31, 2018
Someone said cheesy sci-fi movie with an expected plot twist? COUNT ME IN
April 9, 2018
Utter drivel, barely worthy of comment. The ridiculousness of a bunch of people burrowing to the centre of the earth in a machine which protects them from the almost unimaginable heat and enables them to converse as if in an air conditioned room is bad enough but the idea that any such machine could ever work simply defies even the wildest fantasy. It's just a dumb, gratuitous insult to any audience. Even it's uniintentional humour is pathetic!
January 22, 2018
It's my favorite movie, seen it over 20 times.
January 14, 2018
I love this movie. The action, the characters and the peril are great. Yes it may not be scientifically accurate and the CGI is questionable in places, but this doesn't make it a bad film. 5 * from me guys.
November 11, 2017
I would love to have this movie on blu-ray for my dvd collection.
October 18, 2017
I loved this movie...Critics will be Critics...there not always on target, like this crew was in reaching the Core...I actually wouldn't mind seeing an updated version...Kept Me Entertained...and Is't that what it's all about ?
September 18, 2017
Despite the fact much of the science in the film is highly questionable, the sheer gall for someone to still release a movie with such a bold declaration that the events in the film are actually possible, is enough to pique my interest! It is a highly fictional notion of being able to journey to the literal center of the earth with some of the most far-fetched suppositions as to how it MIGHT be possible, melding that with some plausable notions as to how the earth might act if the core did in fact stop spinning. The movie dares to make you believe in nonsense, but it does it pretty well. The stars are pretty convincing in their various neuroses brought on from their various high-stress occupations (with the exception of Bruce Greenwood, who is always as cool as a class of vodka on the rocks!). This absurd movie is actually pretty enjoyable with evocative moments; you're made mad enough to want to punch Stanley Tucci square in the teeth when he has his meltdown, or you feel sad when Delroy Lindo sacrifices himself to save the ship. Even DJ Qualls has some strong moments trying desperately to shut down DESTINI or when he realizes what the navy thinks are whales are the ultasonics on the craft. This movie is a terribly miserable attempt to give believability to a lot of highly theoretic science, but the actor are able to pull off enough of an enjoyable performance, it is still quite entertaining.
September 16, 2017
When the statement "That will never work." is followed by "But what if it could?" you know you're in for an implausible but enjoyable ride.
½ September 10, 2017
This movie is just hilariously bad.
June 17, 2017
This movie became one of my favorites since I caught on TV a few years ago. I really like the opening scenes, it's the compelling force which makes watch it over and over. The critics didn't like this film the way I dislike most academy award winning movies, the plot (script) and people are not believable.. I can let go of reality enough to enjoy this movie as just a wonderful escape. All movies showing US or any country creating anything like vehicles that can go into outer space or, in this case, below the Earth's surface in such short time spans is preposterous. But once you get past the science it's great fun. Plus the actors are some of my favorites.
June 9, 2017
It's flawed, yes, but overall, it's a pretty decent film.
March 20, 2017
Not worth the time of day. Just daft daft daft. Not even fun action packed daft.
January 20, 2017
What the hell did I just watch?