The Craft Reviews

• The Craft
    Oct 08, 2019

Good movie, what made this so enjoyable was the event part of the viewing.

Good movie, what made this so enjoyable was the event part of the viewing.

• Sep 29, 2019

I love this movie. The acting is great, and I love the story. Probably the best witch movie I've seen.

• Aug 23, 2019

It just wasn't it. However, I appreciate the importance they gave to bonds between women.

• Aug 08, 2019

A camp classic from my youth that will stay in my heart forever

A camp classic from my youth that will stay in my heart forever

• Aug 03, 2019

Most movies about teens and High School/Collage suck hard throbbing cock. The good ones are far and few between and we mostly get dogshit like Superstar, Clueless,Heathers, Jawbreaker and any of the High School musical movies. However, The Craft is one of those rare occasions where a movie about teens in High School is not only good but a true masterpiece. The plot isn't particularly special in theory but the execution is amazing. This is a character focused movie and as such, lives or dies on it's leads. Thankfully, our four leads are amazing. Nancy Downs is a unfiltered weirdo who suffers from an abusive father and the men in her school treating her like a slut. This in turn makes her hate men and angry when any of her friends talk about or manipulate men. She is a tragic character who gets overwhelmed and goes insane with the power she is given after the ritual. She is a lesbian as well, but that is hinted in a very subtle manner. she is probably the best written character of the four. Bonnie is a very shy girl who just wants her scars on her back to disappear. When the ritual works and gains magic, she is able to remove her scars and her behavior changes. She becomes more open and energetic. This is shown in the scene where she walks into her french class wearing a tank top instead of the coat. Sarah has many signs of someone with high functioning autism. Her monotone tone, awkward social skills, and her mannerisms scream someone with autism. This though is handled with respect and care, making for the best portrayal of someone on the spectrum i have ever seen. She is also the only one of the four who is an actual witch and didn't have to get her powers from a ritual . Rochelle is the most normal of the four. Her problem though is that she is bullied because of her Race. The bullies constantly make her fail and make fun of her skin color and hair. This makes you even happier when the Bully is literally rotting in a slow and agonizing way ( Which unlike Wish Upon is done correctly since you not only care about Rochelle but there is also a great irony to the fact that bully made fun of how disgusting Rochelle's hair was and then have her hair and scalp fall apart.) The chemistry between Nancy, Bonnie, Sarah and Rochelle is superb. They act and talk like how real teens would talk and feel like people who you know in real life. The acting though is what makes these characters even better. Rachel True gives a down to earth and realistic portrayal of Rochelle, Neve Cambell is able to do switch from a shy to energetic and nails both perfectly, Robin Tunney perfectly nails her performance of Sarah and Fairuza Balk is the best of them all. Fairuza doesn't only nail the voice of Nancy but also nails the look of what the character is. She has wide range of expression, her body movements are amazing and damn is that a great smile. Her smile reminds me of The Joker from Batman: Under the Red Hood. The CG is sparingly used and when it is , it is really solid and holds up better than many movies during and after it's decade. The music is also amazing. it is right up there with the best soundtracks like Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2, Cool World or Hey Good Lookin'. I overall highly recommend this movie .

• May 21, 2019

"Campy" is the perfect word to describe this witchy, fun, bizarre movie.

"Campy" is the perfect word to describe this witchy, fun, bizarre movie.

• Apr 15, 2019

a true 90's classic, the story of a friendship who aren't really even friends, there is no true bond that they claim to have in the end. fun and exciting film, something you can watch again and again.

• Apr 14, 2019

Classic for rebel kids of the 90’s

Classic for rebel kids of the 90’s

• Mar 16, 2019

Perhaps this is only made for a certain demographic, but I've always found it very entertaining. It's a very satisfying, if cliche, tale of the underdogs coming into power, abusing it and then learning their lessons. It's a nice postcard of the 90s. Great score, the girls are really fun together and their hijinks are entertaining.

• Mar 05, 2019

As someone who typically hates teenage coven movies, this is the exception. The Craft is an absolute classic. What The Shinning does for haunting movies, and Lost Boys does for Vampires, The Craft does for witches.