Dead Europe Reviews

• Jun 15, 2015

Rather pretentious, but the mood turns out to be captivating enough on the whole.

• Jun 21, 2014

Intrigante, perturbadora, interesante como buena peli Extranjera. Una trama sicologica que te enferma con el pasar del tiempo. Los errores del pasado tienen consecuencias a largo plazo.

• Feb 22, 2014

Perhaps not dead yet but we are surely taking our time.

Perhaps not dead yet but we are surely taking our time.

• Jan 15, 2014

Really? That's how it ended?? It's like the writers couldn't come up with an ending. Ewen Leslie performs brilliantly, as always.

• Nov 22, 2013

Fascinating, but ultimately frustrating. That's my best summation. This powerful tale of regret and past sins is beautifully shot and feels great. Ewen Leslie is superb as Isaac, an Australian photographer, who visits his Greece, his father's land to spread his ashes and discover his family's history. He finds more then he bargained for however. There are many great scenes, but I felt the story could have been fleshed out and developed more to make it more satisfying then it ultimately was.

• Jul 08, 2013

Intriging and mysterious but it was hard to connect with the characters.

Intriging and mysterious but it was hard to connect with the characters.

• Jul 03, 2013

Dead Europe maintains a tense atmosphere throughout the movie. The story travels from Australia to Greece, Paris and Belgium and follows the journey of Isaac on his first trip to Europe to scatter his father's ashes. Some interesting characters emerge that contribute to the stories that Isaac's family has been cursed. The film goes to some unexpected places, and has a brilliant cast that tackle the subject matter head on.

• Jun 25, 2013

I confess a certain bias - I am a fan of Ewen Leslie's work generally mainly because this talented actor is not shy of taking on controversial roles. The actor seems to have a knack for delving into the heart of madness and portraying tortured characters and this depressing film is no exception. It is a strange film and not an easy 'view' - really one for those who appreciate dark art house - but I found the mystery engaging albeit a slog in coming together to a sharp though not altogether unexpected conclusion.

• May 23, 2013

Worst fucking movie ever! I'd take stars away if I could. I'd rather watch Bring it On 100 times in a row. Sad...

• Apr 07, 2013

Its not a bad film but there is something lacking....

Its not a bad film but there is something lacking....