Death at a Funeral - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death at a Funeral Reviews

August 31, 2017
Perhaps it's my memory of listening to the theatre roar with laughter back in 2007, but even upon additional viewings it never fails to tickle my funny bone. Black, dry, and hysterically unhinged...with 'Valium' or not. An over-the-top looney tunes performance by Alan Tudyk, along with an all-star comedic cast, deliver the British comedy goods. Unless you're the stick in the ass type, it's a great late night laugher.
August 30, 2017
Alan Tudyk steels the show
½ July 13, 2017
Funniest movie ever. I saw it when it was still playing in the theaters, and not only did I laugh so hard I couldn't catch my breath, but the rest of the theater was HOWLING with laughter, too! Everyone in my family has laughed till they've cried watching this thing. It starts out a little quirky, then gets amusing, then turns into out right funny which eventually dissolves into absolute hilarity.
April 20, 2017
Very rediculous, just as I like comedies. The actors did an excellent job. Alan Tudyk stole the show for me!
March 18, 2017
I am known for my lack of a sense of humor. I found this BRITISH version absolutely hilarious. The 2010 American version sucks canal water.
December 2, 2016
I'm sorry I saw the remake first. But very well done and pretty hilarious.
November 7, 2016
To whoever wrote the alleged consensus that Death at a Funeral had "enough slapstick silliness to overcome its faults", I ask ... WHAT FAULTS? IT'S PERFECT!
November 6, 2016
An immoderately crass burlesque hell bent on playing up annoying eccentricity thinking it is uproariously funny and crashes gravely.
½ July 18, 2016
Hysterically funny British comedy about a funeral going wrong thanks to LSD pills, a grumpy wheel chair user, a hypochondriac and a blackmailing midget. Directed by "Yoda" Frank Oz, it combines all the known features of black and politically incorrect British humor. While it starts out somewhat slow and regular, the film burns a real firework of gags in the second half, culminating in one of the funniest and most wonderfully awkward scenes ever. The acting is accordingly excellent, with Brits either trying to keep their composure or losing it altogether. Go see this and you'll laugh tears like I did.
April 26, 2016
86%
Saw this on 5/4/16
It starts off rather slow and seems to place familiar plot elements, but thanks to a talented cast and some terrific slapstick, death at a funeral manages to be better than the sum of its parts. This is what makes one really laugh out loud, not the stupid self indulgent and self righteous films from America that bear the name of comedy.
December 28, 2015
A fun, light comedy that proves "When it rains, it pours"
½ December 22, 2015
British comedy that is hilarious! Good for a great laugh.
½ November 4, 2015
In my top 5 comedies. Smart, sidesplitting, and goofily charming. All characters are relatable, and this clever tongue in cheek British comedy style is much better than most American comedies. I loved it.
August 14, 2015
Grim, goofy and often charming. Death At A Funeral walks the line between white and blue-collar comedy pretty well. There were some very flat characters though and some of them just kind of blur together. Overall, fun enough to see a time or two.
½ March 29, 2015
It started slow, and was so mean-spirited for the first hour. The scenes also started to feel really plodding and repetitive by the end, with scenes that went nowhere and scenes that were just tired. Most of the tension in the first hour just seemed to come from characters acting totally irrational and obviously ignoring the one thing any sane human being would mention or do. It left the characters looking like lunatics, sociopaths or total idiots. The last half hour had some good laughs and I wanted to love this for Peter Dinklage's sake if nothing else, but there was a lot of bad, sad, boring, and pointedly cruel moments to drag it down. Great cast, good concept, but poor writing and lazy jokes left them with too little to work with.
March 21, 2015
Really british movie. Accidental drug abuse and a gay midget on a funeral. If this doesn't convince you to see this movie I don't know what else could.
½ March 20, 2015
I like how understated the comedy was and the film has a great cast but it's also a little bit predictable. It's also closer to a sitcom story expanded into a film than something that aspires to be epic, but it's a comedy movie, so at the end of the day all it has to achieve is making me laugh. And it did.
½ March 18, 2015
Cringing moments but an OK bit of comedy. As usual Alan Tudyk has the best scenes.
½ March 14, 2015
I can see why they remade this, lot i ideas but so slow and never fully runs with what it's trying to do. The re make only three years later with Chris Rock picks up the pieces (another good film worth checking)

So can see why it was remade
½ March 1, 2015
Not as spectacular as it could've been, but it's still hilarious.