Despite The Falling Snow Reviews

• Mar 23, 2019

A beautiful love story sensatively told and very well acted. I really enjoyed this one. Once again. I disagree with the critics.

• Feb 23, 2019

Ignore the negative reviews. I think it's well written, directed, acted and the surprise of twist and turn at the end.

• Dec 03, 2017

I really liked this movie and totally sobbed during the end. I was surprised how bad the reviews were for it. My only complaint was the side story felt a bit cheesy and awkward and some of the scenes felt rushed. I wanted more of Katya and Alexander.

• Nov 29, 2017

Even though the cast is full of mostly unknown actors, their performances are quite believable. I don't understand the poor ratings others have given this movie.

• Jul 02, 2017

Beautifully acted but nothing we haven't seen before

Beautifully acted but nothing we haven't seen before

• Jul 02, 2017

Rebecca Ferguson is another Ingrid Bergman!! Confusing to follow, but isn't that the point of spying??/

• Apr 28, 2017

The story had the potential to be a decent cold war thriller/drama/mystery but it just turned out to be rather dull. The resolution to the mystery at the heart of the film was pretty good and unexpected but it was quite a slog to get there. Other issues were jumping back and forth between the present and the past was not always immediately obvious and Rebecca Ferguson playing 2 different characters. I found this quite distracting as it was basically the same person but with a wig and it wasn't like she was playing an immediate relative that would explain such similarities in their appearance. I found that a bizarre casting decision but maybe she was offering a 2 for 1 deal during the casting process. One to miss.

• Mar 31, 2017

With the action jumping backwards and forwards in time, the plot is not always easy to follow, and a gratuitous lesbian romance does little to disguise the fact that the underlying story has run badly out of steam long before the end.

• Jan 08, 2017

A cold war drama mainly based around 1961 and 1991. It flips back and forth constantly so it is like a jigsaw puzzle to follow. A beautiful spy is told to let herself be seduced by a handsome high ranking foreign officer in the Russian foreign office. It goes according to plan but she falls in love with him after marrying. She persuades him to defect to the West on the assurance that she will follow. But she never turns up. So the current manifestation of him (Charles Dance) has spent his life wondering what happened to her. His niece decides to go to Russia to find out and the story unfolds. It is a strangely stilted film, it feels like the actors are not quite connected to the storyline so you do not buy in to the characters

• Nov 10, 2016

The story is a decent love affair with a Cold War backdrop, but the very televisual pedestrian pace of the direction makes you expect adverts to pop up occasionally.