Don't Think Twice Reviews

• Oct 06, 2019

I stumbled upon this film while browsing Netflix and from the first few minutes...I was in LOVE!!! Just an absolutely enjoyable film with a stellar cast!

• Apr 11, 2019

This is a really beautiful and heartwarming film with an amazing ensemble cast

This is a really beautiful and heartwarming film with an amazing ensemble cast

• Apr 03, 2019

This is an outstanding work by all parties. It's a candid look at what it's like to be out there, day in and day out. The story takes you where "life happens" and leads this group of friends to places they perhaps never expected or certainly not how they expected to get where they arrive. It hits a number of real points but it left me with that sense that as long as you keep at it, keep getting up everyday you;ll find there is so much more to do and live for out there. It's not what I expected to see and it does show some many facets of people.

• Jan 18, 2019

Definitely not funny but a drama about struggling comedians who aren't as funny as they think are.

• Dec 30, 2018

truly a glimpse into the real life that entertainers may need to deal with. Sadly self sabotaging fragile ego people not being able to push each other to great heights as they are personally dealing with their own self doubt and anxiety instead of supporting and challenging each other as true friends could. Still very moving and entertaining despite the lightening energetic pushing that true friends COULD provide so all can might their best potential.

• Dec 21, 2018

Its written by a comedian, directed by a comedian, and stars several comedians who play comedian characters. So of course, it's a drama

• Sep 01, 2018

Good movie. Smart dialogs.. Very believable and relatable characters and situations. Great to watch on Friday night.

• Jun 20, 2018

This is a wonderful dramady gem that looks at the ever flowing nature of life through the unpredictable guise of improv comedy. Great writting and performances throughout. I loved this movie.

• Feb 26, 2018

Strengths: Mike Birbiglia did a great job as both the writer and director of this film. His direction was well done, while the writing was consistently sharp and moving. Each of the characters in the group feels completely formed. They're more like real people than characters, actually. The actors all brought it. Keegan-Michael Kay (Jack) was fine, while Gillian Jacobs (Samantha) steals the show. Her character gets a lot of great material and she does very well with all of it. It's the best work I've seen from her. Birbiglia (Miles) also acts and probably has the second best performance. The entire film works as a great look into the life of a comedian. It's not something that gets tackled in this kind of realistic light very often. Weaknesses: It doesn't really work as a comedy. While some of the improve scenes made me laugh a bit, this is much closer to a drama. There are some flat out sad, almost depressing scenes. Though I appreciated how real the characters felt, none of them really came across as likable. Some parts of the movie also kind of drag, making this feel a lot longer than its 92 minute runtime. Overall: Don't go into this expecting a bunch of laughs, because you'll be disappointed. Instead, understand that it is a character drama. The characters get well-rounded arcs for the most part and there's real emotion behind the stories.

• Feb 24, 2018

Not just a comedy. Real characters, life-altering changes. Love-affirming.

Not just a comedy. Real characters, life-altering changes. Love-affirming.