DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp Reviews

• Jul 05, 2019

The movie was great!

The movie was great!

• Jun 29, 2019

I think this is just a fun family ride that everyone can enjoy, and it can be really funny and clever at times. I say 'wooo-ooo!' to Ducktales Treasure Of The Lost Lamp!

• Mar 27, 2019

This is the now third time Ive seen DuckTales: The movie - Treasure of the lost lamp. DuckTales: The movie - Treasure of the lost lamp is a Disney film based off the animated cartoon DuckTales. The film was directed by Bob Hathcock. Very good voice acting with such voice actors as Alan Young as Scrooge McDuck and even Christopher Lloyd as Merlock. Very good and iconic characters like Scrooge McDuck. Good cinematography with some cool shots. Very good and vibrant animation. Good setting with Animals instead of humans. Good style with the colour scheme to the character design. Good sound design like most Disney films. Good and steady dialogue delivered by very good voice actors. Steady editing. Good background music and one of the best cartoon songs ever. Good and fun story that is entertaining to watch. Very good comedy that had me personally laughing. The film is also very enjoyable. There are a couple things that a wrong with the film but they dont take away much. Over all I give it a 6/10

• Sep 27, 2017

The voice acting in this spot on. I think this is a nice way to end the series. A French company animated it and most of the time the animation skimps on lining up the lips to the English words. A few scenes are so delightful that I sat there almost giggling.

• Jun 27, 2017

honestly i would say its better then many of the ducktaes episodes

honestly i would say its better then many of the ducktaes episodes

• Mar 29, 2017

I really enjoyed the DuckTales shows as a kid, and I know I saw this movie (we definitely had it on tape) but my memory of the movie were clearly mixed up with memories of some episode or two of the show. I rewatched this with my kid, and while it is nice light entertainment, it isn't going to blow anybody away. But it is fun for the kids and holds up pretty well, unlike some of the other cheaper (like this one) animated flicks from my childhood.

• Feb 25, 2017

Ashley : This is Duck Tales the Movie it's great! Bryan: I haven't seen this since I was a kid. I don't remember the plot. A few minutes later... Bryan: You mean to tell me that he takes his niece and nephews in search of treasure then he makes them (and a native) dig all the way down to open the ancient Egyptian tomb? Ashley: Your damn right he does. He's Scrooge McF****n' Duck.

• Dec 28, 2016

Scrooge and the gang are in their first feature film, and they are looking for a long-lost treasure. They travel to the desert, and discover an ancient ruin that leads them to the treasure. What they do not know, is that an evil sorcerer Merlin is on their trail and also after the treasure. Scrooge acquires the treasure and among it is a lamp. They get the treasure home, but the kids find out that the lamp is a special lamp that will bring out a genie. The kids each begin granting themselves wishes. When Merlin arrives, and starts to wreak havoc, the gang must get the lamp back and set everything back. Merlin is powerful and can shapeshift, and even grant himself infinite wishes with his talisman. The Ducktales movie cuts to the chase too quickly. The film really could have used some background, history and setup to acquiring the treasure. The film starts off too quickly with the gang finding the treasure and misses out on the chance of the adventure and discovery. The rest of the movie gets a bit too repetitive with them trying to do stuff with the lamp in what is a short 1 hour and 15 film. The film is better off as a few episodes rather than a full-length feature film, and Scrooge and the gang deserve better. The film definitely will invoke a nostalgia factor if I had seen it when I was a kid, and would have enjoyed this movie much better. Fortunately, they took the premise of this plot, and made one of the greatest films in Aladdin. -12.28.2016

• Jun 27, 2016

Well I guess it does kind of feel like an extended episode of the DuckTales tv show, but I think thats fine because each episode of the show felt like a mini movie anyway. As a movie based on a nostalgic tv show goes, It's a a really fun adventure. The animation isn't bad, the characters are memorable, and I recommend checking it out, especially if your a fan of the classic show.

• Jun 05, 2016

This didn't even come close to being a theatrical release! Only felt like three episodes of the animated series crammed into one! I admire its ambition, but shoot, this could have been so much better!