Eighth Grade Reviews

• 4d ago

Movie was trash. Wasted my time sitting through this.

Movie was trash. Wasted my time sitting through this.

• Aug 28, 2019

So painful and real! Great performance from Fisher.

So painful and real! Great performance from Fisher.

• Aug 22, 2019

This slow-moving, hard-to-watch film gives a whole new meaning to the word "boring." I get the fine acting, but the problem is that while she demonstrates the awkwardness of an eighth grader, she is completely unsympathetic. Her responses are so backward and off-puting that one wonders if she doesn't have deeper issues than those of mere adolescence. The praise from critics is baffling.

• Aug 16, 2019

Gladly not a teen any more

Gladly not a teen any more

• Aug 08, 2019

Eighth Grade is a touching modern day observation of the often traumatic, cringe-worthy and gruelling school experience through the eyes of an unpopular eighth grader. Realistic inclusion of the influence of social media and how our young people are affected by that. I'm glad we got an insight into the single dad's story too.

• Aug 07, 2019

Do not understand the high rating. This movie was a waste of time that gives nothing but frustration to its audiences. Protagonist entirely non-likeable. Half a star for creative storytelling.

• Aug 04, 2019

Super honest story and performance. Definitely reminded me of my own experiences in that part of my life.

• Aug 03, 2019

Be prepared to cringe painfully. 😂 It was a good movie overall and I feel it was realistic, but the lack of confidence in the protagonist was almost at clinical levels, and her dad was absolutely ineffective at all things parenting except giving positive affirmations - most of which were BS. I think the character would have been better if she hadn't been so one-dimensionally lame for most of the film. She'd have been more sympathetic for the viewers if she had any spark of personality whatsoever. As it was, there were times I was thinking, "Yeah, you're a loser." 😕 I do like how it ended for the most part, but it wasn't as satisfying as it could have been.

• Jul 20, 2019

Heart wrenching and poignant at the same time. This is as close to a depiction of my own adolescence as I could ever imagine to be portrayed. Wonderful acting by the main character.

• Jul 20, 2019

the most honest depiction of adolescence i've ever seen. deeply moving in a way that resonates with you so strongly