Equilibrium - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Equilibrium Reviews

January 9, 2018
Original movie that is way under-rated.

Almost a parody of where we are heading now. A world slowly being sanitised of all emotion, you cant do or say anything anymore.

Brilliant Movie.
January 8, 2018
The poor man's matrix.
January 7, 2018
The story makes no sence, because the rules are unclear, but MAN THESE ACTIONSCENES!
½ November 8, 2017
i like this movie very much, for me its the best movie with christian bale. but what i find disapointing is that daye diggs keep showing emotion, with someone else in that role, the movie could be perfect.
October 14, 2017
Equilibrium is a classic piece of science fiction art that took the popular trends of the late 90's like the Matrix and classic literary works such as 1984 and Brave New World to tell it's own harrowing tale of personal conflict and institutional control.
September 2, 2017
Best sci-fi action film ever, with a twist of political upheaval for the return of freedom of expression. Anyone who didn't like the message that is embedded in this film if not a fan of free speech or freedom of expression. Christian Bale does an awesome job with his part in this sci-fi dystopian action. The gun-kata scenes are elaborately done and play a pivotal role in the film. I have watched this film over 100 times and have enjoyed it every single time. Even knowing what is going to happen doesn't? take away from the brilliance that made this movie.
August 4, 2017
Wow, better then I thought it would be. Kinda had a Matrix feel, but still very good.
½ August 1, 2017
This movie feels like a very dramatic film. but I really enjoyed it
½ July 20, 2017
A "Matrix"-wannabe that easily surpasses its predecessor - but then again, so does Jet Li's "The One". However, someone forgot to tell Diggs the premise of this movie.
June 25, 2017
I used to love this movie. Then I rewatched it, and it's kind of dogsh!t. At least I still have nostalgia for it.
June 8, 2017
Comparisons to The Matrix, Fahrenheit 451, and 1984 are obvious but I will say that this is a solid movie that inhabits the realm between B and C Grade Sci-Fi. Actors Emily Watson (Breaking The Waves) and Sean Bean are under-used but Christian Bale carries the whole thing along even quite strongly.
May 18, 2017
While its not on par with The Matrix as a movie (espically the story), the action sequences are mind blowing and with a little more deveopment and a bigger budget this could have givin The Matrix a run for its money.
½ May 16, 2017
Loved the movie, great acting from Christian Bale, I was convinced to watch all three batman movies the next day. Story line is very much like 1984, except with a HAPPY ENDING thank God. Was kind of a predictable movie, but I would say that I really loved the action and martial arts.
½ May 12, 2017
Extremely underrated. Great action. Well-inspired storyline. A fine performance by Christian Bale (as well as Sean Bean early on). Add it up, and you get one hell of a fine package.
May 12, 2017
A bit predictable, but overall very interesting with fun action a la Matrix. I feel this movie is greatly underrated.
½ April 13, 2017
The dystopian themes of Fahrenheit 451 and The Giver, mixed with the look and feel of the Matrix and Blade Runner? What's not to like? Well, okay, it's not that simple. While it does take elements from a variety of successful sci-fi stories, and pulls them off fairly well, something about the movie still feels pretty thin. I do think Christian Bale does a good job portraying the discovery of emotions, as well as the stoic closing off of emotions at the same time as well. It just doesn't feel like they do enough with the characters or story for the audience to care all that much, which ultimately leads to the ending having less of an impact than it could have been. It's a decent movie and good for a single watch for fans of dystopian themes, but not quite good enough to convince me to buy it.

Personal Grade: A
Technical Score: 70%
March 20, 2017
At moments this film tries to have a brain but fails. Some fight scenes are entertaining enough but this is easily forgettable
March 11, 2017
I thought that the first half was significantly better than the second. It was a fun watch.
March 11, 2017
derivative, rips off the Matrix fight scenes and visuals, but story lacklustre, feelings are outlawed in dystopian future, cold uncaring scenario for the viewer, hard to engage emotionally.
February 18, 2017
It was a brilliant film that was overwhelmed with wrongful hate from critics, the idea was great and the execution was good