Europa Report - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Europa Report Reviews

½ May 20, 2018
Pretty good sci-fi flick about a mission to Europa, a moon of Jupiter, in search of other life forms. Kind of disjointed as typical for a sort of 'found footage' film as pieced together from the various cams on the space ship. A rather liberal hand with science and also some of the crews' decision seem totally contrary to what one would expect from a scientific mission. Decent performances but doesn't really build up much tension until the very end with even that being predictable.
April 18, 2018
A very different Science fiction movie. But you can't stop watching until the end. I enjoyed it. Very realistic. Not everyone's cup of tea.
½ April 2, 2018
FIlm ini mampu mengajak penonton, untuk merasakan suasana luar angkasa dan bulan Europa yang sungguh mencekam.
½ March 31, 2018
Very interesting plot most part of the movie but they fail very bad in resolving the story ... and it ruins it all.
March 25, 2018
its more Drama than Science fiction Movie.
½ February 19, 2018
A well done realistic sci-fi thriller highlighting the value of self sacrifice for the greater good.
January 23, 2018
This is a terrible, headache-inducing jumble of low-budget, finally-the-monster-at-the-very-very-very-end (and not even cool monster) "movie" - I am writing this review - indeed I signed up for an account at this site just to write this review - for the express purpose of trying to lower the current 80% tatometer rating: I feel it is important to help the people who liked this movie. Save yourself, just watch a Bogart film, or Fire Marshall Bill--anything but this movie. You have been warned. Wow, movie-makers: Kill yourselves, or at least don't make any more movies like this, please.
January 15, 2018
A decent and fairly straightforward space adventure as humanity explores one of Jupiter's many moons. Some surprises throughout make this raw-looking visual thriller a pretty nice watch. The film may suffer in areas, but it's still decent.
December 26, 2017
Proper sci-fi done properly! Take a premise and follow it through to it's natural conclusion, with good ideas, acting, directing and filmography along the way. A gem that totally passed me by when it was released.
November 1, 2017
Slow, bet very realistic science fiction movie.
October 28, 2017
C'mon, seriously? You having Sharlto Copley and choosing not to use his brilliant South African accent is like having a Lamborghini and choosing not to drive it past first gear.
September 17, 2017
not the greatest sci fi ever made, but acceptable
August 13, 2017
Exciting and terrifying.
July 17, 2017
So slow...so boring!
July 11, 2017
It was an all around good movie. I actually saw it first on my PC and then went to see it in theaters. It deserved a wider release as I thought it just got the science right on so many levels. It does drag on and has an exciting culmination but that's what space travel is, isn't it? A real mission would just drag on and on until the destination was reached. People who would enjoy this most are those that yearn for Sci-Fi that doesn't have the typical Hollywood treatment of seeming unreal.
July 10, 2017
"Europa Report" is an intense, scientifically plausible, low budget hard science fiction film which I very much enjoyed. However, the plot has been done several times by authors such as Arthur C. Clarke in "2010: Odyssey II". Likewise, the movie uses commonly used story formulas such as on by one pick offs and technological malfunctions. I regularly see films where the characters miracally beat the odds and survive a near death situation (eg. Gravity, Interstellar, Star Trek) which I am not a fan of. This was not the case in "Europa Report" resulting in extra tension when a problems arose during the film.
July 2, 2017
Refreshing Science Fiction.
June 25, 2017
Very good fictional documentary-like film about a privately funded space mission to seek life on Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. Europa is purported to have a ocean underneath its icy crust where scientists speculate that there may be some form of life.
June 3, 2017
With a mold-breaking style, "Europa Report" is a new approach to old sci-fi tropes.
May 20, 2017
A realistic science fiction movie with a strong story, remarkable acting, beautiful footage of the exploration. Follows the science fiction tradition of outstanding movies like A Space Odyssey and Moon meeting The Blair Witch.