Everything Must Go - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Everything Must Go Reviews

½ September 24, 2016
Diverse performance from Farrell with some poiyniant moments. A solid film.
September 1, 2016
This is a nice little film. Touches on some real life issues with a solid performance by Will Farrell. A departure from what we typically see him in but nevertheless worth the watch
August 11, 2016
Everything Must Go is somewhat hilarious and heartwarming. I don't think this is one of Will Ferrell's best movies. But overall, this movie is not horrible. It is a good movie. I would suggest this movie.
July 27, 2016
This is what happens when you come from life. I've never read the story, "Why don't you dance," by Raymond Carver, but I intend to now. Which came first, I'd like to know? Will Ferrell or the script? Because both are irreplaceable. They say the camera sees into your soul, Dinah Shore said that, among others, and here is a perfect example of that. I'm not done watching this movie yet. It has yet to go stale on me. Top shelf movie in my book. Everything is perfect in Everything Must Go.
June 5, 2016
"The good without the bad ain't no good at all."
May 23, 2016
I was never a big fan of Will but I have this one a chance. It caught me by surprise that this flicked seemed more like of a drama/serious role for his comedic ways. You can never take a comedian seriously so don't try. What a waste of time.
½ April 17, 2016
Will Ferrell's understated and I would even say brave performance, really lets you see the character warts and all, just right for this story of a senior executive who loses his job and his wife on the same day and deals with the traumatic turn of events in a decidedly offbeat manner. Good characterizations and the story will hold your attention. Does start off slow especially if you are expecting a comedy because of Ferrell. Despite a few comic moments, this is definitely a drama and the overall tone is subdued.
April 16, 2016
A satisfying performance, played by Will Ferrell. Not one of Ferrells usual films, as he plays a troubled alcoholic who loses his job and his wife in the same day. This results in him having no other choice then living on his front lawn, where all his belongings have been trashed by his wife. His neighbour, Kenny, (played by Christopher Wallace Jr) helps him out, the best he can. Samantha, (played by Rebecca Hall) is moving into the house across the road. She notices what is going on, and tries to get him back on his feet. I highly recommend this movie.
April 2, 2016
This is as serious you'll probably see Will Ferrell in a movie and he does that very well.
April 2, 2016
Everything Must Go takes Will Ferrell into a more dramatic role where he deals with loss, abuse, and much more. He does not ever find real happiness which makes this a somewhat depressing film to watch.
March 27, 2016
Very simple film with lots of holes. There was some enjoyable moments in the film yet overall it was boring.
½ March 23, 2016
Una película corriente con una idea creativa, pero solamente es un simple intento de dramático.
March 12, 2016
Slow and largely boring. I know it was supposed to be deep and meaningful but overall I just wasn't into it. Maybe it was the wrong time and place, or maybe it was just a mediocre movie.
February 17, 2016
Nice filmed and moving film, a nice change for Ferrell
½ February 11, 2016
Elokuva junnasi paikallaan; siis juuri sopivaa katseltavaa yövuorojen jälkeen... ;) (Suom. Antaa mennä vaan)
½ February 11, 2016
Its message is more believable than its story and that message may even be familiar, but Everything Must Go features good performances all around with Will Ferrell leading the drama and comedy with natural ease.
February 7, 2016
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Will Ferrell does a great job as Nick the dejected alcoholic on the outs, a rare serious role he handles with great skill. It is based in a Raymond Carver short story. Interesting that I am teaching a couple of his stories this semester at one of the local colleges. The film doesn't add much to the story, but it's handled well by all involved and the rapport between Nick and Samantha (Rebecca Hall) as well as Nick and Kenny (Christopher Jordan Wallace) is enough to carry the film.

Who would think that a guy living in his front yard after having his stuff thrown out by his irate wife, would be enough to carry a film. The three main characters create an intriguing triangle, but the neighbours and his sponsor add the necessary spice and intrigue to make the film worth the while.

It has its interesting twists, but it is the growth found between the main characters, their support of each other and their love, when it gets down to it, that drives the film and makes it quite enjoyable. Not an all time classic, but a thoroughly enjoyable film for anyone looking for a little distraction from their own problems.
½ February 6, 2016
Most depressing movie ever
½ January 22, 2016
Easily one of the most boring movies I've seen in a very long time. Stay far, far away.