Everything Must Go - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Everything Must Go Reviews

December 3, 2017
A low-key, effective dramatic performance from Will Ferrell is the selling point for this comedy-drama.
½ November 25, 2017
This movie is great! Most people don't like it because they want an over the top comedy, most people are idiots too. A well written mature comedy and Will Ferrell proves he is a diverse actor.
August 20, 2017
8/20/2017 (2): A nice little movie. I hated it the first time I saw it, but as I've gotten closer to middle age I've found more pleasure and understanding in the story.
August 12, 2017
A nice change of pace for Will Ferrell. Although the film drags at times and doesn't hit every note at the highest level, this film shares a lesson of materialism and and how we just need a wake up call sometimes
July 7, 2017
Avoid. Sad. No plot. It's pretty depressing.
June 20, 2017
A perfectly suitable dramedy featuring a surprising turn for Will Ferrell and his counterparts that is competently made, but is often times too mundane and uncharismatic to be as insightful as it attempts to be.
June 19, 2017
Funnier than the usual patchwork mumblecore parable, though the film isn't sure what is learned at the end.
June 16, 2017
Longtime salesman Nick Halsey (Will Ferrell) has seen better days. No longer at the top of his game, Nick, an alcoholic, loses his job for showing up drunk one too many times. On the same day, he finds that his wife has dumped him -- and his possessions -- on the front lawn of their home. Facing the fact that his life is collapsing around him, Nick holds a giant yard sale that turns into a unique survival strategy.
May 15, 2017
Got to close to the heart. Wanted to think it was too slow, but it wasn't, every minute was necessary, makes it an Amazing film. Although the formula is too obvious and a bit cliche, they did a pretty good job at making me go through all that seamlessly. The music is amazing too. Can't believe a film with Will F, almost made me tear up.
February 19, 2017
Eh was kinda boring but love Will Ferrell
February 4, 2017
Not really a comedy at all.
February 3, 2017
a different kind of movie with a great message. loved it!
½ January 29, 2017
Will Ferrell gives the performance of his career in this unexpectedly delightful drama.
½ January 19, 2017
Just a damn good life tale when life has you in the balance. Don't give up, but do watch. Another wonderful side of Will Ferrell.
December 30, 2016
It's not a bad movie at all (and Will Ferrell does a great job, similar to his performance in the charming "Stranger Than Fiction"), but there's not enough story to fill the movie. Would certainly be willing to watch it again, but I felt myself tuning out (all right, it's actually still playing and I'm already writing the review). Could also use a bit more spark, as it's marketed as a comedy on the back cover.
½ December 9, 2016
One of my other favorite movies. Will Ferrel is great in these types of movies, I'm surprised he doesn't do more movies like this.
October 9, 2016
Had some laughs, ok movie. All takes place in his front yard
½ September 24, 2016
Diverse performance from Farrell with some poiyniant moments. A solid film.
September 1, 2016
This is a nice little film. Touches on some real life issues with a solid performance by Will Farrell. A departure from what we typically see him in but nevertheless worth the watch
August 11, 2016
Everything Must Go is somewhat hilarious and heartwarming. I don't think this is one of Will Ferrell's best movies. But overall, this movie is not horrible. It is a good movie. I would suggest this movie.