Everything Must Go Reviews

• Mar 04, 2020

Everything Must Go features Will Ferrell in a new role. Instead of a comedy, this is a drama where Will Ferrell loses his job, wife, and has to live on his front lawn until he has money to change that. It is an emotional rollercoaster the audience goes through and is an all around good drama.

• Feb 27, 2020

Touching and emotional, ‘Everything Must Go' delivers an honest story and uplifting performance from Will Ferrell overall offering one of the actor's best films. 7.4/10

• Jun 11, 2019

A spot-on character study. Emotional and actually quite the performance from Will Ferrel (which is definitely a unique role for him). Highly recommended.

• Mar 06, 2019

Why the h*ll did Will Ferrell trick me into watching this. I thought he was HILARIOUS--but this is god awful. Its not your typical Will Ferrell movie.

• Oct 13, 2018

Highly underrated film. I highly recommend it. Most underrated film of 2011 and most underrated Will Ferrell movie. It's a good movie. It needs a lot more love. Will Ferrell was great in it!

• Oct 06, 2018

This film which is based on a short story by Raymond Carver has too little story for its runtime but it's disparagement of cliches and a committed performance from Will Ferrell make the film work to a large extent.

• Sep 09, 2018

Will Ferrell's incredibly restrained performance is a delightful find in this pleasantly endearing dramedy about a broken alcoholic putting his life together with a helping hand from two neighbours.

• Jul 26, 2018

not as funny as Ferrels other films

not as funny as Ferrels other films

• Jun 25, 2018

I don't get the reviews that said it dragged on. I actually had to watch it in two parts (video buffering) and in between couldn't wait to finish it. Best movie ever? No but I really enjoyed it.

• Jun 18, 2018

Comedy is hard. The hardest, so I hear. When you are at the top of your game as a comedian, you should be able to act. So when comedians like Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and, in this case, Will Ferrell, attempt drama, assuming the script is right, it should work, but it doesn't always turn out that way. While the script to "Everything Must Go" isn't perfect, Will's performance is darn close. He doesn't, at any point, try to morph into the Will we have come to know in his comedic roles. The story is sad, depressing and real. And Will plays the role perfectly. I feel his sadness, depression, progression through the stages he's moving through as a result of enduring a lot in such a short time. For a many who can command so much in his film roles, I truly hope he does more low-budget, well-written roles like this. He's worth it.