Four Brothers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Four Brothers Reviews

July 23, 2016
Five stars hands down! Love the unity, United we stand! Bring back prayer in schools, one nation under God "INDIVISIBLE"!!!!
½ July 16, 2016
Nothing better than taking revenge of your mother's killers ...Alright ! SOMDVD
June 25, 2016
The camaraderie between the four lead actors for the most part makes up for Singleton's often scattershot direction
June 20, 2016
Four adopted brothers come home to solve and avenge the killing of their mother. Andre Benjamin really surprised me in this one. I believe it was one of his first films as a true actor and he did great. This movie was very well written. The banter between the four actors playing the brothers seemed almost totally genuine like they actually had all grown up together. Very enjoyable. Definitely check this one out.
May 18, 2016
What a terrible movie! I was expecting more "The Departed" and less "21 jump street" so lame. I wanted a dark gangster movie.
May 15, 2016
This movie is proof that critics have no clue what entertainment is. If people like it, its a good movie, and this movie was amazing.
May 10, 2016
Fantastic performances all around but suffers from a mainstream made film that could've been made into a fantastic crime drama.
May 4, 2016
Just a good movie. Not deep. Just fun.
April 22, 2016
Great movie to see. Good acting and solid script. Great weekend movie
March 11, 2016
really good film..really enjoyed it especially since I picked it up for £1 lol
January 6, 2016
It had some awesome actors but the movie was just alright
January 5, 2016
this movie have all the girls Want, drama acción and a really cute and creep tall nd white guy
January 2, 2016
I like this movie. A good story and good acting. There were some funny parts and some action as well.
December 3, 2015
Sometimes you know a movie in reality isn't really all that great, but you still enjoy it anyway. That is the case with Four Brothers. The acting isn't all that great, the characters really aren't that interesting, its almost kind of cheesy and not believable at all but I still like it for the pure entertainment value. The story is there. The motive for the action the main characters take is there as well. But no city is going to let a bunch of guys going around killing people for revenge and pretty much let them get away with it each time. But then again, hey its the movies and that's why movies are great, because they in the end, they arent real. Four Brothers came at a time when I think Mark Wahlberg really wasn't sure what the hell he was doing with his career as far as choosing roles, just playing a tough guy in every movie but nonetheless he still is a relatable and enjoyable character. Andre Benjamin (Andre 3000 aka 3 stacks from Outkast) is pretty terrible, although I do believe this was one of his first movies, maybe his first, so he gets a pass on his awful acting. I always find Tyrese pretty funny and enjoyable and I really don't know Garrett Hedlund all too well, so I have nothing to compare honestly, he was mediocre at best. But if you like violent revenge stories with cheesy acting this is probably right up your alley.
½ December 2, 2015
½ October 20, 2015
I really dug this film. It is pretty much a revenge film set in the cold streets of Detroit. When an elderly woman, and mother to 4 children she adopted is murdured, the brohers are set out to get revenge against who killed their mother. Walberg is awesome here as a hard nosed, cold blooded, but loyal cat. I also want to mention this is Tyreses best role because their is a lack of his corny over the top crap we see in other movies. The violence is somewhat extreme, but the main shootout scene is filmed very well. I think all 4 actors do a good enough job, and the supporting cast features some really good talent. I liked this movie, despite the flaws in plot (no way they could of gotten away with what the four brothers did). It is still entertaining, and hits that family comes first.
It also has intrigue, and keeps you guessing in some points.

A good flick.
September 18, 2015
Another great movie that's worth being in my DVD collection.
½ August 26, 2015
Four brothers is a good by the numbers action movie with just enough story and character development to keep you interested and the right amount of twists/red herrings to make it smart but never trying to be to clever. The movie follows the seemingly random killing of a sweet old woman who just happens to have fostered four of the biggest f**k up hard men you could imagine. As the brothers look into the circumstances of her death they realize her death was not random but orchestrated and covered up by gangsters and cops alike. This movie was never going to trouble the Oscar committee but its a solid 109 minutes of action/revenge movie. featured on Emerald Reprobates pod-cast episode 60
August 24, 2015
i thought it was an ok mark wahlberg movie not the best however
½ August 16, 2015
I'll take Mark Wahlberg in just about anything. This was a fast moving thriller with plenty of action, ass kicking and plot. It will keep you guessing all the way till the end. It was smart in a stupid thug action movie sort of way.