Frailty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frailty Reviews

½ March 27, 2017
We gave this one another look the other day and I'm pleased to see how well it holds up, even knowing the various twists the story takes. Hell, Matthew McConaughey as a creepy Texan with a disturbing story to tell us? Probably not much of a stretch, but man is it entertaining. I love the various timelines, filling in the gaps from the tales of the lead a s a boy up into the present day, it all pulls togetehr very well.

Recommended.
March 26, 2017
watching a dad go crazy
½ March 20, 2017
A very strong premise and great first two thirds of a film make this must watch for any horror/thriller fan. A truly engaging film that is only hurt by an ending that tries to be too clever.
March 18, 2017
Psychotic serial killing father trains his kids to "follow god" by killing.
March 17, 2017
The story is better than the execution of the movie. Last 20 min has good reveals.
March 15, 2017
Three words come to mind while watching this. MADE FOR TV.
½ March 15, 2017
Frailty is a dark and unsettling horror film that clings to viewers bones long after it's over. Great direction and an even more impressive performance from Bill Paxton.
this is a great movie
February 26, 2017
Directed by Bill ("Game Over, Man!") Paxton, Frailty remains a personal favorite of mine. An unsettling, original, and intelligent horror film, Frailty explores the delusions that can attend religious fundamentalism, the dark influence that parents can wield over children, and the ways in which innocence can be perverted. But Frailty also perfectly rides the line of ambiguity between acts of God and psychosis. Unlike any other horror film you have ever seen, Frailty is stylish, well-acted, and genuinely disturbing; A must see for any true horror fan....
February 26, 2017
Such a fantastic, underrated thriller. Man, I'm gonna miss Paxton...
February 16, 2017
Worth watching for McConaughey and Paxton.

As always Powers Boothe is the balls.

Although I copped it early on. The twist is great.
½ January 23, 2017
Honestly, I'm surprised by the high critics praise given for this film, as it just comes across as a low budget mild horror to me. It's not particularly sinister, or evil and just revolves around a dads mission, supposedly given to him by God, to destroy all the demons that are on deaths list. Of course, he can't do this alone, and needs the assistance of his two sons, one older and wiser, believing the dad to be suffering from a mental illness, and the other younger and naive, going along with any porky pie his dad tells him. We actually watch the events as they had panned out but in real time, the story is unfolding as the elder brother tells it to the police, admitting that his younger brother is the psychopathic killer responsible for a notorious rampage of murders. I admit I didn't see the actual twist coming, albeit I knew one was of course coming, just not in the style that I had guessed. It was actually quite a clever conclusion, but only once I had fully understood in via Wikipedia. Other than that it was fairly fruitless, not gory, all the horror left to the imagination, and it was purely building and building without much notable action. I'm never that keen on religious or spiritual films and although this wasn't particularly deep, the concept was based loosely around this theming, but granted it did allow it to produce the fine finish that it did. Matthew Mcwhathisface was the main recognisable actor in this, although I wouldn't have known him if it hadn't of said it on the DVD cover. Overall, not a great deal to shout about. Pleasant weekend viewing, which was neither here nor there in my eyes, and had I not been doing the ironing at the same time, I may not have even been able to keep them open.
½ November 16, 2016
A well executed movie that will keep you engaged and give you more than a couple of twists.
½ October 6, 2016
Well executed, well acted, well directed, tense thriller. An interesting take on the "killing in the name of God" theme. Cleverly avoids alienating Christians and non Christians alike by taking a slightly warped but objective view of this dark subject matter.
½ October 3, 2016
This movie had such an obvious Usual Suspects feeling that I pretty much knew what was going to happen about a 1/3 through the film. McConaughey was effective in the lead role and Bill Paxton did a great job playing an unhinged religious father. As far as if this is worth a watch? Game over, man. Game over.
October 2, 2016
how is Paxton not directing more
between this and greatest game ever played he has shown great skill
½ September 27, 2016
An accomplished simple little tale
September 23, 2016
Great movie watch and judge for yourself
August 24, 2016
How have I missed this till now? Paxton, McConaughey and Powers Boothe? Awesome.
½ August 9, 2016
-Semi spoiler-
I can't stand movies that leave you with no one to root for at the end. And I actually didn't enjoy most of the performances, aside from Matthew McConaughey's.