Frank & Jesse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frank & Jesse Reviews

February 14, 2016
Why would anyone consider this a good movie? It has twisted the facts so badly. Reuben Samuel was not shot by a railroad man (or whatever he called himself) and it was Pinkerton men who caused the death of Archie and cost Zerelda Samuels her arm. Cole did not shoot Bob in the woods after the Northwestern fiasco. Both Bob and Cole were captured and sent to prison, where Bob died. Cole served 16 years. I've heard of dramatic license but this is a far cry from that. I'm not sure what to call this movie, other than a twin to the Northwestern fiasco.
½ January 4, 2016
Un bon western mme s'il saute un peu dans les temps.
March 6, 2014
Hollywoodized account of the James Gang with its share of factual errors. Portrays many characters only in extremes such as Pinkerton while the Ford Brothers are shown as whimpering followers of the James Brothers. Randy Travis is solid and gives us a good campfire song but hard to truly buy into Rob Lowe as the outlaw Jesse James. Best to seek out THE LONG RIDERS for a far better and more stylish account.
½ July 18, 2013
I wanna like it... but its so cheesy. The story is all wrong. Its kinda hard to watch.
½ November 7, 2011
Another version of the outlaw duo this time headed up by big stars Paxton and Lowe as the brothers, no one else is much of a draw here as this seems more of a low budget production, possibly more of a TV movie, but sometimes films work better that way.

Well not this time I'm afraid, the film is reasonable with acceptable performances and it does, at times, look quite realistic with its bare no frills look but there is a whole load of dubious fake looking gun fighting, fake looking deaths and dodgy extras acting going on in the background that kinda spoils things.

The main issue is of course the historical facts, for some reason the powers that be deemed it better to change many facts around making the film completely errr wrong. Even common knowledge facts such as the man who shot Jesse James, twas Bob not Charlie!! so why does this film change it?.
½ August 1, 2011
Frank and Jesse started with a rough exposition, with poorly staged scenes and ineffectual dialogue. As the film progressed, it got gradually better. The cast never quite lives up to its' true potential, with Rob Lowe especially being inconsistent. The tone of the movie is also inconsistent, shifting between lighthearted and melodramatic. Though it has its' moments, overall it fails as an effective version of the James gang, especially in light of its' many historical inaccuracies.
June 20, 2008
In my opinion it's a somehow good movie, but nothing to let me yell at miracle. Good point of view about James brothers, some good action, maybe a little bit fake...
For the brevity's sake it misses some joining shots: i.e., how did they get to Minnesota?
May 28, 2008
Better then the Brad Pitt version !
½ April 10, 2008
Decent is overstating it a bit.
March 16, 2008
not a well known movie, but a good biopic of the outlaws
February 9, 2008
Rob Lowe rules! Great Jesse James Movie!
February 5, 2008
my fave western movie
December 1, 2007
Bu aralar vizyonda olan Brad Pitt'in Jesse James'inin benzer eski versiyonlarindan. Her ne kadar suan vizyonda bulunan Jesse James , Brad Pitt ve Casey Affleck gibi oyunculari ve onlarin belkide Oscar heykelcigine uzanacak cok iyi oyunculuklarinin yaninda edebi bir anlatim ile sinema elestirmenlerinden yuksek puanlar alsada ben size 105 dakika ve daha akici anlatimi ile bu versiyonunu tavsiye ederim. Brad Pitt'in Jesse James'i icin oncelikle cok buyuk bir sabir gerekmekte , cok agir ve uzun bir film. Ben Jesse James'İ merak ediyorum diyorsaniz bu filmi izleyin. Cunku digerini filmden cikmadan tamamlayabilmeniz cok zor.
October 26, 2007
It's actually not a very well-done kinda movie, but who can resist both of these two as cowboys? I sure can't :)
October 5, 2007
There really isn't much to this movie. It is only a little accurate.
September 9, 2007
the last of the confederates robbing banks owned by the crooked northeners led by the famous james brothers. very enjoyable western. doesn't stop for a minute with the action and adventure. i think even the chicks could get into this one. good directing from robert borris whomever he is and also... i've seen alexis arquette in something before....... but what? hmm
July 26, 2007
One Of My Favorite Films
½ July 22, 2007
Not bad at all for this film....
July 18, 2007
This movie is insanely awesome. It made me proud to be a part of this country.
July 16, 2007
This is a high adverture, fast paced shoot em up Western that is really good! If you like western' s or you are a Jesse James fan, it's a must see movie!