Free Solo Reviews

• Marge C
    Jun 11, 2019

Excellent documentary! "Showcasing a dedication and prowess that seems superhuman, 'Free Solo,' Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chins invigorating portrait of the free climber Alex Honnold, is an easy sell to extreme sports enthusiasts. More sedentary viewers, though — perhaps less focused on the technical niceties of defying gravity — might discover something arguably even more fascinating in this layered documentary: A cautionary study of what can happen when you dont hug your children."

• ChiChi Ham
    Jun 11, 2019

• Jun 11, 2019

What an excellent documentary!! So inspiring and motivating of not giving up your dream and goal. His determination has set such a great example for so many of us. The film is wonderfully done!!

• Jun 02, 2019

The final act was horrific! what a stunning documentary

The final act was horrific! what a stunning documentary

• May 29, 2019

Stellar camerawork and intimate moments, surrounding the most dangerous climb ever, surmount to an astoundingly thrilling doc.

• May 29, 2019

Intense and fascinating.

Intense and fascinating.

• May 28, 2019

This is a good watch and the achievement is incredible but Honnold is a very unique character and a tough nut to crack. In 'The Dawn Wall' Caldwell is such an engaging and likeable character that you are so on board with his dream. Here, I found because Honnold is such a cold, detached person I could only ever look at the achievement in the same way. Will still have your palms sweating uncontrollably though!!

• May 26, 2019

“Free Solo” is a harrowing film that inspires shock, fear, pity, and awe of our protagonist. I’ve never seen anything like this before.

• May 25, 2019

Incredible film, why anyone would score it less than a 5 is beyond me.

Incredible film, why anyone would score it less than a 5 is beyond me.

• May 25, 2019

I am not a climber but like outdoor adventures. This was a fabulous documentary of one mans quest to achieve the almost impossible. Alex's courage is unbelievable . I was scared just watching the climb. How he controls that fear and turns it into a positive is beyond me. Very entertain and worth the 2 hours. Sanni is a saint in her support of Alex.