Friday the 13th - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday the 13th Reviews

April 27, 2017
As an entry in the existing series, it offers practically new, but as a soft reboot, it's close to flawless. It gets the tone of its predecessors right within the first 10 minutes and then spends the rest of its run-time offering a slight twist on the familiar tale. Say what you will about reboots, at least this one also works as a sequel.
April 7, 2017
Full of a ton of gore, extreme violence, not for kids, in my opinion this is a decent remake of the original but a really different story. This movie does have many elements of the original but is a really different story. Jason is back with his hockey mask and machete wreaking havoc on some campers at christal lake really just a lot of the same stuff. This movie is no where near as good as the original but it's not all that bad. The suspense is decent a really can scare you off guard. A lot of the gore also plays in with the way it scares you. Overall I am willing to say that this is a decent remake that has some good things but just not enough to bring it up to the standards of the original. C+
½ April 7, 2017
One of the worst movies I have ever seen.
April 3, 2017
It brings nothing new to the table, but Friday the 13th is a very underrated remake. It's technically well made, the dialogue mostly well-written, and most of the actors give strong performances. It's far from perfect, but there are enough scares and gore to satisfy most audience members. The two things this movie has over previous entries are that Jason is not only able to outsmart his victims by setting out bear traps among other things, but he also runs. He doesn't just walk a little faster than usual, he actually runs. As a whole, this film succeeds in delivering more of the same, with some very brutal kills mixed in.
½ March 31, 2017
The young actors were okay but the lack tension and suspense was what lost me in this remake. Although Jason looked scary, he never did anything to have me scared. I was disappointed.
½ March 17, 2017
Though it delivers all the explicit gore and nudity that the franchise is infamous for, Friday the 13th doesn't add anything new or compelling to its beloved villain's mythology nor does it provide him with the sympathetic backstory he truly deserves, opting instead to settle for a garden-variety, esoteric rehash of a slasher flick.
½ March 12, 2017
With a visceral, fierce portrayal of Jason, this movie takes Jason back to his terrifying roots.
½ March 7, 2017
It has a fantastic opening sequence, some of the most gruesome kills in the franchise, and the best sex scene in the history of cinema. It's heavily flawed, make no mistake, but there's a lot of fun to be had here.
March 4, 2017
I don't understand all the hate that this movie gets. I thought it was good. Entertaining. I liked seeing a more "human" Jason Voorhees, seeing his house, where he lived. The really bad thing about this movie is the "kids". I know they're supposed to be idiotic horny teens like in the classics, but their stupidity is legendary and that is what makes me take a star away. Everything else is good
½ February 21, 2017
its fine for what it is, a cheap throw away gorror movie
½ February 5, 2017
This is one of the best horror reboots and one of the most underated ones at that as well. I never hear any one talking about how they liked this movie and i dont understand why. This is a good Remake/reboot it has everything that made the originals good. i cant fault this movie i loved the orginal friday the 13th movies and i love this movie, This is better then more then half of the original Friday the 13th movies for sure and what more do u want from a friday the 13th movie then Jason kills horny teenagers and this one has a Ok story to go with it no psychic girl not set in the year 3000 or New york (new york was the most unbeliveble of the 3. This is a movie all friday the 13th fans should like i dont know why its so hated.
January 31, 2017
The cast is good but this is remarkably dull and the dialogue is atrocious.
January 18, 2017
Not a bad try for a remake, we'll see if 2017's can beat this.
January 15, 2017
This Remake OF Friday the 13th was good Better Then some of the originals!
December 28, 2016
It was actully pretty good
December 22, 2016
Remake completamente fallito. Spudorato da una grande icona del cinema Horror, in cui spero si faccia qualcosa per recuperare Jason
½ November 19, 2016
Honestly, I kind of liked this remake really. Yes its predictable, cliched, but thats what I expect of the Friday the 13th films. You can't deny that Jason is FUCKING BADASS in this film though. Not fantastic, but pretty good.
½ November 7, 2016
It's a bit impressive that the Friday series managed to go so long without a reboot; one of Hollywood's favorite tricks to jump-start a struggling series. Having endured more than its share of such hardships, the Vorhees saga no doubt deserves a fresh look, but this relaunch has no sparkle, no magic. It's just another generic, run-of-the-mill, nothing-special stalker picture with an iconic mask riding aboard the killer's forehead. Throwbacks to the original trilogy abound for careful-eyed viewers, but they serve no purpose beyond a brief flash of memory. Jason himself has evolved a bit, taking on more of a predatory, turf-protecting role rather than that of a mindless, knife-flinging abattoir. His presence is more tenacious and precise, too - less of the lumbering meathead we experienced in previous encounters - but he maintains an odd knack for the comically theatrical, with a special love for body-tossing and delicate corpse arrangement. Of course, his teen victims are as dumb and irritating as ever, though the SFX gore of their eventual demise has been largely withdrawn or relegated to off-camera insinuations. The setting looks great, and it's easily the best-composed Friday ever, but the effort is ultimately rather pointless and empty without adding something new to the mythos. Dull and overly long (even at a mere ninety minutes), this particular jump-start is a clear case of style over substance.
November 3, 2016
Resume perfectamente las primeras 3 películas de la saga original y presenta una ambientación bastante moderna a la vez que homenajea a su homólogo original. No obstante, cae en los mismos errores que toda la franquicia: Miedo a escapar de la fórmula, un villano icónico que jamás es aprovechado y utilizado para algo más que "matar", personajes principales planos y una banda sonora olvidable. No obstante, si nunca has visto una película de la saga, es recomendable para adentrarse rapidamente en su mitología. Además, la película se toma mucho más en serio que las últimas películas de la franquicia y tiene momentos bastante creativos y buenos, además de ser la más terrorífica y efectiva (pero que no salvan la falta de ambición detrás de esta película más allá de ser un homenaje modernizado)
½ November 2, 2016
Let me be honest, I thought this movie was going to be a 5/10 and perhaps a 6/10 but I liked it more than that! The characters worked well, the kills were pretty good, and it has some creepy/tense/scary parts as well.

I enjoyed that Jason held one of his victims captive and didn't kill that person right away. I think it added to the creepiness of the movie. Overall, I rate it 7/10 OR 3.5/5