Friday the 13th - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday the 13th Reviews

June 25, 2017
Dumb,pointless,and insulting
½ June 25, 2017
It was better than I expected but there were no emotions at all in it , it was a little fake. But the story in genral is interesting. The end was also bullshit!
½ June 13, 2017
As a remake, it was good in the sense of reminding everyone that Jason is an unstoppable, unkillable, expressionless, murdering machine.
June 12, 2017
It surely has it thrills and scares. The new rendering of Jason is a truly entertaining experience for fans of the series, despite what critics say. The forget the main thing: a Friday the 13th movie doesn't have to be "innovative" nor it should "add" anything new. But it has to be entertaining, scary and have pretty girls in it. This chapter has it all.
June 5, 2017
20 minutes for a cold open? Wow that has to be a record or something.
Obviously they were trying to go for a Psycho thing but it doesn't pan out. The kills are mostly jump scares and for those new to the series, one monologue at the beginning is all you get for lore. There is an idea with a locket but not much is done with it. This version of Jason is more intelligent as he is able to use electricity and use some hunting tactics and the fact that he's a zombie is left a mystery. Rest of it is hack and slash. This franchise has the potential to be really interesting, I'm still looking for that movie.
The best kills are in the cold open.
April 27, 2017
As an entry in the existing series, it offers practically new, but as a soft reboot, it's close to flawless. It gets the tone of its predecessors right within the first 10 minutes and then spends the rest of its run-time offering a slight twist on the familiar tale. Say what you will about reboots, at least this one also works as a sequel.
April 7, 2017
Full of a ton of gore, extreme violence, not for kids, in my opinion this is a decent remake of the original but a really different story. This movie does have many elements of the original but is a really different story. Jason is back with his hockey mask and machete wreaking havoc on some campers at christal lake really just a lot of the same stuff. This movie is no where near as good as the original but it's not all that bad. The suspense is decent a really can scare you off guard. A lot of the gore also plays in with the way it scares you. Overall I am willing to say that this is a decent remake that has some good things but just not enough to bring it up to the standards of the original. C+
½ April 7, 2017
One of the worst movies I have ever seen.
April 3, 2017
It brings nothing new to the table, but Friday the 13th is a very underrated remake. It's technically well made, the dialogue mostly well-written, and most of the actors give strong performances. It's far from perfect, but there are enough scares and gore to satisfy most audience members. The two things this movie has over previous entries are that Jason is not only able to outsmart his victims by setting out bear traps among other things, but he also runs. He doesn't just walk a little faster than usual, he actually runs. As a whole, this film succeeds in delivering more of the same, with some very brutal kills mixed in.
½ March 31, 2017
The young actors were okay but the lack tension and suspense was what lost me in this remake. Although Jason looked scary, he never did anything to have me scared. I was disappointed.
½ March 17, 2017
Though it delivers all the explicit gore and nudity that the franchise is infamous for, Friday the 13th doesn't add anything new or compelling to its beloved villain's mythology nor does it provide him with the sympathetic backstory he truly deserves, opting instead to settle for a garden-variety, esoteric rehash of a slasher flick.
½ March 12, 2017
With a visceral, fierce portrayal of Jason, this movie takes Jason back to his terrifying roots.
½ March 7, 2017
It has a fantastic opening sequence, some of the most gruesome kills in the franchise, and the best sex scene in the history of cinema. It's heavily flawed, make no mistake, but there's a lot of fun to be had here.
March 4, 2017
I don't understand all the hate that this movie gets. I thought it was good. Entertaining. I liked seeing a more "human" Jason Voorhees, seeing his house, where he lived. The really bad thing about this movie is the "kids". I know they're supposed to be idiotic horny teens like in the classics, but their stupidity is legendary and that is what makes me take a star away. Everything else is good
½ February 21, 2017
its fine for what it is, a cheap throw away gorror movie
½ February 5, 2017
This is one of the best horror reboots and one of the most underated ones at that as well. I never hear any one talking about how they liked this movie and i dont understand why. This is a good Remake/reboot it has everything that made the originals good. i cant fault this movie i loved the orginal friday the 13th movies and i love this movie, This is better then more then half of the original Friday the 13th movies for sure and what more do u want from a friday the 13th movie then Jason kills horny teenagers and this one has a Ok story to go with it no psychic girl not set in the year 3000 or New york (new york was the most unbeliveble of the 3. This is a movie all friday the 13th fans should like i dont know why its so hated.
January 31, 2017
The cast is good but this is remarkably dull and the dialogue is atrocious.
January 18, 2017
Not a bad try for a remake, we'll see if 2017's can beat this.
January 15, 2017
This Remake OF Friday the 13th was good Better Then some of the originals!
December 28, 2016
It was actully pretty good