Friday the 13th - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friday the 13th Reviews

½ September 24, 2017
The runny Jason to me made Jason more real with traps so he could locate his victims put some clarity on how he was able to pop out where his victims were.
½ September 22, 2017
It doesn't bring much new to the table, but Friday the 13th is a very underrated remake. It's technically well made, the dialogue mostly well-written, and most of the actors give strong performances. It's far from perfect, but there are enough scares and gore to satisfy most audience members. The two things this movie has over previous entries are that Jason is not only able to outsmart his victims by setting out bear traps among other things, but he also runs. He doesn't just walk a little faster than usual, he actually runs. As a whole, this film succeeds in delivering more of the same, with some great kills, including one of the most horrifying when Jason traps one girl in her sleeping bag, hangs her upside down above the fire, and lets her roast alive.
September 21, 2017
a cliff notes version of the first 3 movies with a dirty Platinum dunes filter. Not as inspired as their TCM reboots.
August 17, 2017
A good return to cinema to one of the most famous horror serial killers, that use the same plot formula that we saw on the past 10 films, which causes it to look more like a sequel than a new adaptation. Anyway, the film have a lot of blood, kills and a terrifying new image of Jason. The movie falls at is progresses.
½ August 15, 2017
Note that this score is based on the other Friday the 13th films. None of them are by any means that good, but when compared to the others they can be.

For a Friday the 13th film, this is a 7/10 for me. For an actual movie, this would be a 5/10. My official ranking would be:

12. Jason X
11. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
10. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
9. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
8. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
7. Freddy vs. Jason
6. Friday the 13th (2009)
5. Friday the 13th
4. Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter
3. Friday the 13th Part II
2. Friday the 13th Part III
1. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
August 12, 2017
Bad cheesy Friday the 13th movie starring some more random teenagers. This movie is way darker and the tone feels really dark, like a saw movie mixed in if Zack Snyder directed it, that's what this film feels like. I hated this movie just like every other Friday the 13th movie except the first movie.
½ August 4, 2017
This movie was and still is a high disappointment I like some of the things they made Jason do like underground tunnels for him to travel faster and the ability to actually run at his victims is very terrifying . But constantly nothing but stupid young adults who are either getting high or having sex was not what made the original Friday the 13th so likable it was the atmosphere in which I think this film lacks tons of .
½ August 3, 2017
This is one of the best horror reboots and one of the most underated ones at that as well. I never hear any one talking about how they liked this movie and i dont understand why. This is a good Remake/reboot it has everything that made the originals good. i cant fault this movie i loved the orginal friday the 13th movies and i love this movie, This is better then more then half of the original Friday the 13th movies for sure and what more do u want from a friday the 13th movie then Jason kills horny teenagers and this one has a Ok story to go with it no psychic girl not set in the year 3000 or New york (new york was the most unbeliveble of the 3. This is a movie all friday the 13th fans should like i dont know why its so hated.
August 1, 2017
It had a lot of potential , but it wasted , althoght it wasn´t bad l all.
½ July 28, 2017
It isn't a remake it felt like a whole different Friday the 13th movie. But the movie was okay except the acting and the drastic changes.
½ July 26, 2017
Good story. Too much gore. Some stupid characters. However, Jason's cool.
July 26, 2017
Full of a ton of gore, extreme violence, not for kids, in my opinion this is a decent remake of the original but a really different story. This movie does have many elements of the original but is a really different story. Jason is back with his hockey mask and machete wreaking havoc on some campers at christal lake really just a lot of the same stuff. This movie is no where near as good as the original but it's not all that bad. The suspense is decent a really can scare you off guard. A lot of the gore also plays in with the way it scares you. Overall I am willing to say that this is a decent remake that has some good things but just not enough to bring it up to the standards of the original. C+
July 12, 2017
Oh my god best remake ever
June 25, 2017
Dumb,pointless,and insulting
½ June 25, 2017
It was better than I expected but there were no emotions at all in it , it was a little fake. But the story in genral is interesting. The end was also bullshit!
½ June 13, 2017
As a remake, it was good in the sense of reminding everyone that Jason is an unstoppable, unkillable, expressionless, murdering machine.
June 12, 2017
It surely has it thrills and scares. The new rendering of Jason is a truly entertaining experience for fans of the series, despite what critics say. The forget the main thing: a Friday the 13th movie doesn't have to be "innovative" nor it should "add" anything new. But it has to be entertaining, scary and have pretty girls in it. This chapter has it all.
June 5, 2017
20 minutes for a cold open? Wow that has to be a record or something.
Obviously they were trying to go for a Psycho thing but it doesn't pan out. The kills are mostly jump scares and for those new to the series, one monologue at the beginning is all you get for lore. There is an idea with a locket but not much is done with it. This version of Jason is more intelligent as he is able to use electricity and use some hunting tactics and the fact that he's a zombie is left a mystery. Rest of it is hack and slash. This franchise has the potential to be really interesting, I'm still looking for that movie.
The best kills are in the cold open.
April 27, 2017
As an entry in the existing series, it offers practically new, but as a soft reboot, it's close to flawless. It gets the tone of its predecessors right within the first 10 minutes and then spends the rest of its run-time offering a slight twist on the familiar tale. Say what you will about reboots, at least this one also works as a sequel.
½ April 7, 2017
One of the worst movies I have ever seen.