Ghost World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghost World Reviews

September 1, 2017
9/1/2017: Meh. A good cast, but only an ok movie at best.
½ August 6, 2017
Story about a girl on the fringe of popular culture who refuses to get a job since it would be participating in the capitalist regime. The movie has an odd charm from the very start. Thora Birch's whiny attitude does tend to grate on you though so be prepared. I enjoyed it. Good but not great.
½ August 2, 2017
3.8/5

Even when the rythm and directing dont help as much to elevate the narrative to new heights, Ghost World is captivating beyond doubt, thanks to its wonderfully constructed world full of brilliant details and funny and apropiate commentary.
July 24, 2017
This was a horrible movie These kids have worthless lives!
June 19, 2017
Onde eu encontro esse? Adaptação da graphic novel do Clowes...
June 6, 2017
Really funny and feels exactly like a Daniel Clowes comic in live action. The shot compositions and in-world fonts are fully authentic, and somehow even the people look like Clowes drawings. All the performances are great, with Steve Buscemi standing out to me as the character I couldn't get enough of watching. And although it remains a comedy the whole way through, there are some really touching and sad moments, and I felt genuine sympathy for everybody. "Ghost World" is phenomenal.
April 6, 2017
A film worthy enough to have Steve Buscemi as a romantic lead! Didn't see THAT coming. Thora Birch and Scarlett Johansson nail it as too nominally self-aware babes in an all but oblivious world, it shivers me timbers! See it.
½ February 28, 2017
I liked it, it was like watching beavis and butthead, but with girls :)
½ February 21, 2017
Adolecent misfit in general, abducting weirdness and confronting 99% of the others. Everyone with a soul and identity will identify themselves here, though unfortunately I saw my self as Buscemi, good its only fiction. In this world of choices, what path is yours, there is no fucking straight line, for sure.
January 13, 2017
A wickedly acidic indie feature that combines coming-of-age teen movie with a dark comedy.
December 27, 2016
Pretentious crap. The amazing thing is that the director felt Thora Birch was so much more interesting than Scarlett Johansson. Really a waste of 2 hours.
November 15, 2016
bored white girl gets mad that no one finds her quirky or charming.
October 13, 2016
a phenominal teenage flick.... best director and best films of all time
October 8, 2016
I absolutely loved it. One of the very few films that allows the viewers to form their own interpretations.
August 5, 2016
I turned it off after 30 minutes....boring.
August 1, 2016
For a film about the inevitable loss of friendship and the meaningless search for purpose in life, "Ghost World" still manages to be hilarious. A remarkable achievement.
½ June 2, 2016
Witty and clever film about the confused young girl and a withdrawn man who, at the first sight, are very different persons but as they get to know each other it reveals that they have in common similar inner worlds and they loath the banal and trivial world of common people.
½ June 1, 2016
Slow, boring, I couldn't make it to the end.
½ May 22, 2016
Odd but also awesome.
May 22, 2016
Ghost World deftly handles the teen angst thematics due to Terry Zwigoff's comical deadpan atmosphere, a piercing script and charming lead performances.