Ghostbusters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters Reviews

½ December 17, 2018
I was a massive fan of the original and yes i know it has a few issues when watched after all this time but this new film is BAD i DIDN'T FINISH it. WOW how to spoil a film with PC SJW rubish.
terrible film
December 16, 2018
Amazing. Hilarious, perfect family comedy. Unfairly panned by critics
December 15, 2018
WHO would write such an awful script? Who would act it and who would want to see this junk?
½ December 15, 2018
You need to have an actual idea before you start writing a story. "Female leads" is not an idea, it's a detail. You need more than that.

Paul Feig grossly misunderstood the point of the original Ghostbusters, and it shows. It wasn't just sticking a bunch of funny people together, it was carefully selecting a cast who could work well off one another and telling an interesting story with them. This movie does neither. Paul Feig seems to be under the impression that the Ghostbusters are supposed to be superheroes, and while they might seem that way to some, it's only in the same way that a firefighter might be considered a superhero. The Ghostbusters are exterminators, like cockroach exterminators. If you've got a ghost problem, call the Ghostbusters and they'll handle it to the best of their ability. That's the idea. They aren't supposed to be like the Avengers, having big epic superhero fights in the middle of an exploding city, that's ridiculous. Paul Feig doesn't know what the Ghostbusters are, and would rather insult anyone who points it out than own up to it.
½ December 14, 2018
what a piece of shit
December 13, 2018
High hopes dashed by the complete lack of humour. Awful.
½ December 12, 2018
Dear god please don't let there be a sequel.
½ December 11, 2018
A deep, disturbing, emotionally filled, masterfully filmed movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat for the entire runtime. This is one of the best movies of the year by far and if you like horror it is a must watch!
December 11, 2018
No idea why this film i hated, enjoyable and visually stunning, GHOSTBUSTERS is a well used attempt to revive the franchise, whether the fans like it or not.
½ December 8, 2018
Nonsensical. The message here is: Women are stronger than men and men are useless idiots. No deeper meaning like in the previoius movies. Not funny at all because the script is sooooo bad. Not even the amazing Kirsten Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Chris Hemsworth and Charles Dance can save this ideological trainwreck of a movie.
December 7, 2018
I Loved the editing, the jokes and the acting
December 4, 2018
The worst movie of 2016, this is total garbage. Not funny, not even as reboot.
December 4, 2018
I saw this in theatres and cheered through a lot of it. My friend and I left almost in tears, we were so happy. It was amazing to see women on screen, just being women who are heroes. And wow - HOLTZMANN! I ended up cosplaying as her for Halloween and at Fan Expo that year. :)
December 2, 2018
The only good ghostbuster film. such a wonderful cast and brilliant special fx
½ November 27, 2018
Not THE worst Ghostbusters incarnation (that title goes to the Slimer cartoon), but definitely below the worst episodes of Real Ghostbusters. The humor was not my style & the characters never stop talking over eachother. The visuals & effects were good, but I just can't get into the characters. I don;t know why they remade the Original Ghostbusters movie nearly shot for shot when they could have made a live adaptation of the already diverse cast of Extreme Ghostbusters, which had a goth girl, a guy in a wheelchair, a latino, an african american, & the return of Janine.
November 24, 2018
Didn't laugh. Except the parts when I'm not meant to...
November 23, 2018
I didn't even like the original that much. This dialogue is trash and the jokes are cringy. It doesnt even deserve the effects that it was given. When you have a budget that high, actually make a good script.
November 21, 2018
This movies is unbelievably bad....Stupid story....horrible characters and joke....
½ November 21, 2018
Not as bad as people say it is, but not as good as Ghostbusters 1 and 2.
November 21, 2018
If the enjoyment of the original ghostbusters was the size of MANHATTAN, Imagine it shrinking to the size of a twinkie with GB2016