Going in Style - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Going in Style Reviews

April 23, 2017
A cute, passive comedy. It also has a few good emotional moments. I think it hit the marks it intended to. Worth a watch.
½ April 23, 2017
Loved it!! Great cast...great feel good movie
April 22, 2017
Funny movie. Love the dynamic between Freeman, Caine, and Arkin.
April 22, 2017
fun! these guys must have had a great time making this movie. not entirely predictable and thus quite entertaining.
April 22, 2017
Really enjoyed this movie! Hilarious trio of older stars... Predictable but funny story
April 22, 2017
Very good movie! love it
½ April 22, 2017
Legends on screen, but the trailer shows the best laughs, however the ending is almost worth the slow segments.
April 22, 2017
Suspenseful, funny, sad - an all around GOOD movie!!!
April 22, 2017
quite a funny film. if you just want to watch a good movie and have a good laugh, this is the perfect film
½ April 22, 2017
Slow development. Overall pretty good.
April 22, 2017
going in style is great film the story is great the direction is good the acting is perfect this legend is brilliant i laughed every second of this film i love this film
½ April 21, 2017
Going in Style is about as innocent and predictable as movies get. I have nothing more to say because you can pretty much predict how the film will play out from the trailer alone.
April 21, 2017
This movie was what I would call "Cute". I also wished I would have saved my 22 bucks and just waited to see it on Netflix. It's not a bad movie, just not theater worthy.
½ April 20, 2017
Great Scott! I'm going to write this review with as much effort as went into this so-called caper-comedy... very little.

I personally like Zach Braff, but he had three huge charismatic veterans at his disposal and completely lacked in utilising them, that said, their performances are the only thing this film has going for it - oh and Christopher Lloyd, he is the "silver lining" of this film, the small shimmer of brilliance.

The first hour of this film slowly drags by with gags and quips that I'm supposed to be laughing at, but just can't... maybe I'm lacking a funny bone, who knows? But I just found the humour lacklustre and at times (a scared man wetting his pants) offensive to those with ACTUAL intelligence. The last half hour however does pick up the pace and gives us an interesting heist scene, undertaken on a relatively smart-level - la Ocean's Eleven... but without the class, or the wit, or the charm, or the... yeah, without much... but Sinatra and his buddies make an "appearance". The uncovering of how the heist was conceived and pulled off makes for some more entertaining viewing material, but the predictability of several scenes just sells it short.

All-in-all, it's not a terrible movie, but due to underwhelming humour, "directionless" direction, predictable twists and underdeveloped characters, a film I was looking forward to, turned out to be a film I will soon forget. A mediocre effort that's only bolstered by the chemistry of the three leads (and an entertaining cameo by Doc Brown)... better luck next time Zach.
April 20, 2017
old time favorite, you have to be a fan favorite to enjoy the show.
April 20, 2017
Reminded me of "Grumpy Old Men". Entertaining and a good way to get your folks to come to the movie theater with you.
April 20, 2017
Great chemistry and some good laughs. B
April 20, 2017
An interesting plot and premise, a star-studded cast, you'd think this movie would be a hit. However, some flat jokes and alot of plot-convenience makes this film less than it should have been.
½ April 19, 2017
enjoyed this, nothing too challenging and i did like the twist at the end
April 19, 2017
Great movie for a retiree.