Gravity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gravity Reviews

September 25, 2016
I'm sorry but I just don't see what the fuss is about here. It's interesting for about 10-15 mins then descends into one disaster after another. The characters aren't engaging, and there's nothing original here. Pretentious and disappointing. At least it's only 91 minutes.
September 24, 2016
A visual spectacle to behold. It may not be the best space movie out there, but I sure as hell was something I'm going to remember for awhile.
September 19, 2016
The 3D experience was a total 5 stars - that's what I'm rating here. The movie may not hold up over time, but the experience was amazing
September 18, 2016
excellent performance piece
September 16, 2016
Great SFX and Picture. Ahead of its time!
September 14, 2016
Banal tripe featuring George Clooney's jawline and not a lot else. Avoid.
September 13, 2016
The only good thing I have to say about this film, is that the visual affects were Amazing! But thats it. The story is virtualy non-existant. I personally Hated this film and left the theater dissapointed.
September 11, 2016
Not even a film! Clooney was barely in the film. Although fortunately his usual arrogant character soon floated off into the distance (literally). Minimal storyline and characterisation throughout . I want a refund on my £3 dvd!
½ September 7, 2016
two hours of a spinning camera and mild hallucinations. Hopefully the sequel will be the female version of "Cast Away"
½ September 7, 2016
While the 170 minutes Interstellar is great in everything, This highly dissapointing 90 minutes movie and the most overrated movie of all time is visually good but have stupid characters, scientifically inaccurate, and most importantly the most boring movie of all time. My number 1 most hated movie of all time, I would give it a -5 stars out of 5 stars.
September 5, 2016
If you want a good space movie, watch Apollo 13.

I thought this movie would be spectacular...but it ended up being okay.
To be blunt, most of the events in this movie are impossible, and the "dramatic" events were preventable. In a realistic setting, the main character would have died.
But this movie isn't all bad. Matt Kawalski is a great character. And it is obvious and consistent that Dr. Stone was not adequately trained.
You feel tension throughout the movie, and at the end I actually cried.
The visuals are...absolutely amazing. And the audio is what an astronaut would actually hear.
My favorite part of the movie though, is when the camera went in first point of view.
All these positives though, don't outweigh the negatives.
I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone, and I wouldn't watch this movie again.
September 1, 2016
Only reason I'm giving it 5 stars is because of the special effects, they were outstanding.
August 30, 2016
Apart from the visuals, which are incredible, the film is nothing special.
An amazing cinematic experience, but overall a flat story.
August 30, 2016
Visually, the movie is a masterpiece. Everything else was pretty shit doh.
August 29, 2016
Tickets booked :) so badly want to see this movie....haven't heard so much critic buzz in a while....98% rating on rotten tomatoes unheard off!!!!!
August 27, 2016
Gotta hand it didn't think be that good but it impressed me
August 25, 2016
Yerçekiminin gözünü seveyim...
½ August 23, 2016
The one and half stars are for the beautiful visuals. Nothing else in this movie is worth it. Criminally un-scientific, no plot and bugger all character development. Even the loose grip of how physics this movie has occasionally slips when its plot convenient. The motherhood theme could only be less subtle if it was called "ITS A WOMB, GET IT??!!" and Bullock's character veers wildly between breathless, panicky incompetence and serene blind faith.
She would never have been cleared to fly. I could start listing the blatant falsehoods like the ever expanding deathcloud, all things in space being right next to each other or how or how internet communication doesn't rely on satelites but i'd be here all day.

The biggest issue I have with this movie is how anti-science it is, it literally opens with the epitaph "Life in space is impossible" and Bullock isn't happy till she safely back to nature. Go watch The Martian or Interstellar if you want good sci-fi and if you even have the faintest familiarity with space or science give this movie a pass or risk getting irrationally angry.
½ August 17, 2016
Presents nonstop exhilaration.
August 17, 2016
The special effects are breathtaking in this film not to mention the performances from Bullock & Clooney. The story seems fresh and new, despite having some scientific inaccuracies spread throughout the film. It's thrilling.