The Great Outdoors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Great Outdoors Reviews

½ July 2, 2016
There's nothing not to love about "The Great Outdoors". Akroyd and Candy play off one another marvelously in this classic John Hughes outing that stands as a cozy piece of 80's Americana.
½ June 28, 2016
It's a fun, campy movie... only a really dull person wouldn't find enjoyment in it. Candy did a great job including a strong monologue scene, while Aykroyd's character was poorly conceived and written, leaving him with a garbage role to act.
June 14, 2016
- Not a great movie by any means but i love John Candy and used to watch this as a kid, I've seen it countless times so there's a high nostalgia factor here. Give it a try.
- Childhood fave that is still fun to watch. Just saw again for maybe the 8th time. So much fun watching John Candy...
June 9, 2016
Classic Aykroyd & Candy (RIP).
June 8, 2016
Such a good movie. loved watching it as a kid and still enjoy it as much today.
½ June 2, 2016
A rather generic and dull story is elevated by it's cast providing formulamatic yet still hilarious results.
May 27, 2016
Dad takes his family on camping trip in this hilarious but often clichà (C) comedy.
February 13, 2016
My favorite movie as a kid. Dan Aykroyd and John Candy are at their best. Watch it with your kids.
December 25, 2015
Great classic comedy, where Dan A. and John C. are in top at this time. I can watch them all the time.
November 22, 2015
The Great Outdoors is an underrated classic that I enjoy watching quite a bit mainly because of the childhood nostalgia I hold towards it but it is a downright Hilarious film with a great family message and theme.
½ November 20, 2015
Charming comedy, a good laugh for whole family.
½ September 1, 2015
Good stuff here man.
July 24, 2015
A great classic. 9/10
July 15, 2015
Best purchase I made all year
May 29, 2015
Best 80's Movie Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 20, 2015
A timeless comedy classic, which is part of a great achievement to John Candy's legacy!
½ April 15, 2015
When it's on it's pretty good but it's rarely on.
March 27, 2015
"A Great Outdoors Vacation"

****

An 80's Classic Comedy That's Not The Best Comedy In The USA But It Sure To Entertain Most Audiences Even Today. It Also Brings To Me Found Memories Of Days Past When My Uncle Had Obtained The Card Board Picture Of The Bear From Cal Video When The Movie Had Hit Stories & Soon After Was Going Out. The Seats In Some Parts Are A Little Bit Cheesy But It Hit The Mark It Was Aiming For.
Wanting To Get Out Of The Big City Of Chicago & Take His Family On A Great Outdoors Vacation Is What Chester Has In Mind. What He Doesn't Have In Mind Is That A Member Of The Family With His Wife & Two Twin Girls Will Show Up.

~

I Give This Film A B+ (Bright) ****
March 11, 2015
A classic 80s family film! Candy and Akroyd work very well together.
½ December 15, 2014
Ecrite par John Hughes, mais réalisée par Howard Deutch (ce qui est probablement la raison de l'argument qui va suivre), la comédie The Great Outdoors est une copie franchement torchée et bâclée de la saga Vacation, avec des personnages antipathiques, des gags faiblards et un rythme aux abonnés absents. Le film se permet même de gâcher totalement l'excellent John Candy et de rendre Dan Aykroyd insupportable. Quant à la musique de Thomas Newman, elle rappelle les pires heures des années 80's. Vraiment, The Great Outdoors est un film à oublier.