Happy Death Day 2U Reviews

• 8h ago

It's good, not as good as the first one, but still good.

It's good, not as good as the first one, but still good.

• 14h ago

Once again, Tree is forced to relive the same day over and over again as she attempts to unmask the Baby Face Killer, except this time everything is different. Whereas in Happy Death Day Tree is learning to be a better person, in this sequel Tree must decide what it is she needs: to live in the past or to go forward into the future. A sequel that lacks some of the hilarity found in Happy Death Day, Happy Death Day 2U is neither repetitive nor unnecessary. In fact, the movie's continuation of the story allows us to see more of the good in Tree that we all discovered in the first.

• 3d ago

A surprisingly disappointing film that attempts to explain way too much with even more confusing results.

• 4d ago

i understand this should be a sort of funny-horror (is there such thing?) for teenagers, nonetheless I found it a continuous stream of nonsense, from the first scene to the last.

• 5d ago

Jessica Roethe is still at the top of her game in this sequel as she was in the first, but this time around she's at the top of a heap of steaming garbage. The story is really jokey and dull, though it attempts to throw in some pseudo science, but it's science that makes it feel the writers weren't even trying. With the scathing review it's probably surprising I managed to sit through the whole thing, but I did it because I wanted to see how it all turns out for the character. Plus there are hints of thrills and the closure of story arcs. In general, though, the movie plays like its actually two scripts carelessly spliced together. - as if Lobdell left behind a partial script and the new writer came along and filled it in with a frat comedy written for a different movie that didn't make it. Anyway, the funniest part of the film was the explanation for how they live in a six dimensional universe: *SPOILERS! We live in a six dimensional universe because I can fold a napkin into six equal squares and punch a hole through it with a pencil. Hilarious.

• Jun 07, 2019

Its foundation leans toward more of a comical sci-fi than an unknown-horror base than the first one. Very different from the first. Its not a fully serious nail biting horror but still pretty good and worth a watch.

• Jun 07, 2019

Solid sequel, although it got sloppy at times! But still a great series and looking forward to a third installment if they do one!

• Jun 06, 2019

The first was better

The first was better

• Jun 05, 2019

Pretty bad. While the main character isn't as unlikeable throughout, she is just cringeworthy. The actress playing her is just awful in this role. This isn't much of a slasher sequel, it's more of a sci-fi/comedy, while they try to explain away the gimmick, and it just doesn't really work at all...

• Jun 03, 2019

For a sequel after a movie that wrapped things up very well, Happy Death Day 2U kept me excited for a good two hours