Happy Death Day 2U - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Death Day 2U Reviews

½ February 19, 2019
although not a great film by any means but "Happy Death Day 2U" had enough entertaining moments to warrant its existence. It is surprisingly fun as well as funny
February 19, 2019
Happy Death Day 2U or how to take a concept, time loop, that by its very nature can lead to so much repetition it becomes tiresome, and keep it fresh and interesting, in the sequel!

Making a time loop movie is a tricky thing, since you have to make the same thing over and over and donÔ(TM)t make the audience fall asleep in the process. Well, second time here, and the time loop is still fun.
Talking about any of the plot would be spoiling the movie, so lets just say Tree gets stuck in the time loop again, death death death, fun fun funÔŽ Oh, and a killer is there too!!!

There is one tiny, silly little thing, and since it was on the trailer I can say it here: One of the guys tells Tree that she could reset the loop herself, meaning she can kill herself to restart the day, thatÔ(TM)s fine and all, but someone should tell Tree there are other not as hurtful ways of going out.

If you wanna have some fun with friends, family, by yourself, Happy Death Day 2U is not a bad option.

Since this is the first attempt at a review I make here, IÔ(TM)m gonna give this movie all the Happies, which is a random system I just come up with.

Have a fun happy time at the movies.
February 19, 2019
This movie is great like the original. I love watching Jessica Rothe scream and get chased around by a masked killer.
Really good,do his job
½ February 19, 2019
"It's my Birthday, now you gotta do a review!" Haha! No not really, but in all seriousness though, "Happy Death Day 2U" was good. I'll admit it wasn't a total standout as its predecessor, it is something to watch for. I mean it was funnier than the first and brings a bit more mystery. However, some of the comedy was bit too sill and the acting was a bit overdramatic. Also, there were some weird stuff in this movie as well and not that much horror involved. Overall, I give this film is a solid 7/10.
½ February 19, 2019
Not as good as the 1st movie, but not an awful movie by any means.
½ February 19, 2019
2U is a fun sequel that offers a comedic change of pace from the original. Sure, it gets convoluted at times, and it's not scary, but if you're looking for a popcorn movie, this is it. We're happy with this Death Day!
February 19, 2019
Really good mixture between Scifi and horror! I love this franchise, lol
February 18, 2019
Just as fun as the first movie, with many unexpected surprises. Interesting how they merged the plot of the first movie into 2U and still kept it funny and interesting. Loved it!
February 18, 2019
This should be at least 90% or more . This was a really good sequel. I think the storyline actually surpassed the first one. Very good story. It made me cry, it was thrilling and it made me laugh more than once. This was a well written movie.
½ February 18, 2019
Might have been the worst movie I've ever seen. A romcom disguised as a horror movie. Terrible acting, terrible plot.
½ February 18, 2019
I loved it thought it was A great squeal to the first
February 18, 2019
Quick note, this is not a horror movie...it is far closer to a sci fi movie than horror...which is an odd turn from the first movie. While still funny and even touching in moments thanks in large part by Tree (Rothe) the movie falls mostly flat and is far easier to guess what happens next than the first HDD. It oddly reminded me of a weird version of Big Bang Theory...my recommendation would be to end this series with 2u even though they clearly indicate they are working toward a third with the end credits teaser.
½ February 18, 2019
A fun departure from the horror genre of the original in to a sci-fi rom com. Yet, somehow, it still works. If you liked the original, you will be in to this!
½ February 18, 2019
First of all, Jessica Rothe did an amazing job in this film. In every scene that she´┐ 1/2(TM)s in you can easily tell she´┐ 1/2(TM)s having fun with the role and giving it her all. She could easily switch from being funny in one scene too serious the next. Everybody else in this movie was good just not great. Now the relationship in this movie is kind of unbelievable like Disney level unbelievable. I mean Tree and Carter had really only been dating for what two to eleven days. I´┐ 1/2(TM)m sorry but like I said that only happens in Disney movies where the girl falls in love with the guy the moment she meets him and automatically wants to marry him. This film is a horror comedy and in the horror section it´┐ 1/2(TM)s a tiny bit above average but in the comedy department, it was really funny. If you guys have seen the trailer you know that Tree has to kill herself in many different and creative ways and all of them were kinda funny to me at least. Even some of the scenes that others will probably find cringey I found kind of funny because they were cringy. But again I´┐ 1/2(TM)m a teenager who reviews movies what do you expect. Now the horror element of the film comes and goes throughout the entire thing and is really put on hold for the comedy of the film. It felt kind of like a subplot that the writers forgot even existed until the very end. Even then it felt really weak when it could have been a ´┐ 1/2killer´┐ 1/2┬? move and plot twist if we focused on it a bit more and didn´┐ 1/2(TM)t just glance over it. Also stay after the credits because there is a post-credit scene that gives off a possible sequel for this film. In the end, even if you haven´┐ 1/2(TM)t seen the first movie like me it´┐ 1/2(TM)s still a good and easy film to follow along with. I do wish it was longer though. I give Happy Death Day 2U a 7/10.
½ February 18, 2019
I would have liked to give it more than 2.5 but it is what it is. Was it fun? Yes. I was expecting more of a story. It was very busy. That's the best way to describe it. To much going on. They explain everything which I felt was not necessary. The fun of the movie is the college kids acting hilariously shocked by their predicament. They die over and over again. That was alot of fun. Just do that. That could've been the movie. Goofy deaths and cheesy humor is all we needed. I love science but this is more pseudo science than actual science. Was it fun? Sure I liked it. I didn't love it. But I still say it was fun.
½ February 18, 2019
Perfect sequel to an innovative horror comedy. Wonderfully balances comedy, slasher-horror, science-fiction & heart-filled drama
Plus Jessica Rothe delivers a dedicated performance which makes the experience all the more richer.
Stay during the mid-credits for a hilarious epilogue
½ February 18, 2019
More supernatural then horror.
½ February 18, 2019
Less scary, more feels. Fans of the first Happy Death Day will probably get a kick out of it. You can see my full movie review at Movie Review Mom
February 18, 2019
Fantastic, absolutely a blast!