Happy Death Day 2U - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Happy Death Day 2U Reviews

½ May 22, 2019
Unfortunately, seems to miss many of the elements that made the original film so engaging.
½ May 20, 2019
It was a good horror sequel. It copied a lot of what it's predecessor did so it wasn't that original. It did do a good job explaining the time loop though.
May 19, 2019
This was better than the original flick actually however the cast was still and even more annoying. I hope they don't attempt to make a third one.
½ May 19, 2019
The first movie was enjoyable and flowed well mixing Groundhog day with Friday 13th.. this sequel sadly ignores the point of the original and goes full on comedy time travel.. the plot is weak, the acting below par and it just feels dull and uninspired..
½ May 18, 2019
Wow! Im shocked at how bad the acting is in this movie. Its so bad its distracting.
½ May 17, 2019
The movie did well in tying the first movie into its story. It was interesting to see how they were going to make the second movie different from the first.
½ May 17, 2019
The prequel is still better than the sequel, i felt that the movie did not explore the reason why tree had been stuck in a time loop better than bringing the issue of a multi verse, i also felt that tree dying multiple times made the movie a bit longer..it took a lot of elements from the first movie and altered a bit of some parts.. but in general its still worth watching too pass your time though
May 17, 2019
Picture waking up to see the same movie, only this time its lost most of its originality and ended up in a parallel universe where it tries to explain a somewhat interesting plot concept with bad jokes, over sentimentality and a college science project. It's happening again, someone please help.
½ May 16, 2019
***There's a post-credits scene***

At first I was turned off by the idea that we've basically switched some asian guy for Jessica Rothe... but as it turns out, 5min later, Jessica resumes her role as the protagonist and all is well with the world... aaahhhhhh. I wouldn't really call this movie a horror... it's more a sci-fi thriller with some horror elements to it. And they really up the sci-fi factor this time. But led by Jessica, this film does really well again. It's humorous, cute, exciting and suspenseful. I still think the babyface villain is weird, but it doesn't detract from the film. If you're a fan of the original then you'll either like it again or think it's just derivative. As for anyone else, especially teens, this is well worth a watch.
May 15, 2019
Surprisingly entertaining trip that I've already had
½ May 14, 2019
it's an okay film for a normal boring day
½ May 14, 2019
Almost better than the first. This movie is fun and knows it's kinda stupid, making it more fun.
May 14, 2019
good story very funny and with a heart warming twist the acting was good
May 14, 2019
Decently made movie. Lacking a little intensity and seems to become repetitive after a certain time after watching it.
May 14, 2019
Super awesome movie. It had my attention the whole way.
½ May 13, 2019
maybe the only american movie that shows that maybe it's not for the better to go back and fix everything.but you should live with your happy and sad times but YOUR times.yes,this easy on the eye comedy-thriller-social-etc. movie that no one will pay attention to,has an inspired script,very enjoyable cast,rothe is A LOT better in this sequel,and everything just about works to make you have a little nicer time than expected.only wrong thing in my opinion the real reason she wants to go back.could easily be fixed..OK SPOILER:..i mean the guy seemed ready to love her in every life right?anyway,if you like these little thrillers DON'T MISS!!not kidding !! tip extra plus,this team..you want a third one,you gotta see them again,right?
May 13, 2019
Happy Death Day 2U shifted genres from a horror comedy to a sci-fi comedy and again it works in the latter department, but in the SF elements it did not work at all as it was uninspired, convoluted and rushed. I did really like the subplot with Tree's mom and again the performances are fine and the humor is good, but the story is much less fun this time around leading to a disappointing sequel.
½ May 12, 2019
Another hilarious installment of this dark comedy that starts to range into the sci-fi area. I love how the storyline gets twisted in this universe and she has to decide whether to go home or stay.
May 9, 2019
The added element of choosing love and all the dramatics take the fun outta this one.
May 6, 2019
It was interesting and a good way to pass some time with a few fun scenes but the plot is very confusing and the part about Ryan killing Ryan has been lingering in my mind the whole movie and I thought it was gonna be explained at the end like the whole movie itself is a time loop going back to the beginning again which I would have found a lot more entertaining. I liked the beginning where it was from Ryan's point of view of him being killed and then all of a sudden we had to follow Tree again which was nice but not as entertaining.