Happy Death Day 2U Reviews

• Jun 28, 2020

As a big fan of the first one (and Groundhog's Day) this was actually a more fun, more light-hearted version of the first movie. With the knowledge of the events of the first movie combined with the explanation for the time loop, the protagonists have a perceived advantage of the situation and have a bit more fun with the situation (at least at first). Whereas the first one was legitimately in the horror/suspense/murder mystery category, this movie is well murder/mystery still, but moves farther along into sci-fi/comedy. Granted it was some of most generally likely parts of the first movie, but I missed the "slasher" aspect from the first movie. Side note: I really hope this was filmed at the same time as the first (man, what a production saving that would be). Adding "multi-verse" theory to "time travel" makes me want to puke, but this was a very palatable way to go about it. So while "time travel is the worst" this was as delightful as the first movie without so much edge, but with about the same amount of action. If you liked the first one, then watch this, you'll enjoy it. If you haven't seen the first, give that a whirl. If you haven't seen Groundhog's Day: worth it to check that out first.

• Jun 24, 2020

What started off as a simple 'Groundhog Day' concept in the first movie, now has turned into a multiverse of madness. With it being a sequel, it goes bolder and more crazy than the first, which I had an absolute blast watching. Not a great movie by any means, but a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm actually interested in seeing the third if it gets made. Also, there's something about Jessica Rothe that I really like. I can't really explain it.

• Jun 17, 2020

The first one was great. The second one was pretty unnecessary

The first one was great. The second one was pretty unnecessary

• Jun 04, 2020

Aunque es un poco inferior a la primera parte, la película cumple con actuaciones aceptables y un entretenimiento de principio a fin.

• May 29, 2020

It started to get a little confusing, but have to give them credit for trying something complete new in the sequel instead of just repeating the same concept with different scenes.

• May 29, 2020

I have to admit, I had so much fun watching this. The first two thirds are excellent and I was ready to rate it better than the first, but the last few sequences went a little too hokey for me, so I’ll rate them a photo finish. I really enjoyed the cast and chemistry between them, particularly the performance from Jessica Rothe

• May 14, 2020

Happy Death Day 2 U is great for a family movie night. The movie has a lot of laughs. but is's kind of confusing a little bit.

• May 13, 2020

I quite enjoyed the first "Happy Death Day," so I decided to check out this sequel. While I don't feel it is quite as good as the first one, I still think fans will have some fun with it. The movie embraces the ridiculous premise and focuses more on the science fiction and comedy elements which somewhat works. I thought the characters were fun and the movie had some entertainment value. However, while the story was something different, I just didn't find it as enjoyable. The story never fully grabbed my interest and as a result, the movie isn't one I would want to watch again as much as the first. I read somewhere that the creators of this movie have plans to make another one, and I am not sure where they can go from here. Overall, this movie is watchable if you're a fan of the first, and if you aren't, I don't expect it to win you over or mean much to you.

• May 07, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (4/5) A very well written sequel. Snappy, comedic dialogue with a bit of mystery science fiction thrown in. Duration/Tempo: (3.5/5) At 1 hour and 40 minutes, it's a shorter than average movie that felt a little longer, but was not boring. Cast & Crew: (4.5/5) A cast of unknowns (to me) that steadily outperformed expectations. Jessica Rothe was outstanding. Excellent direction and editing. Summary: (4/5) The story was good, the cast was excellent, and the film didn't feel long. A thumbs up.

• May 05, 2020

Like the first one it started with the main character Brian waking up instead of Tree. I was under the impression that we would see Tree from the start since she was the main character in the movie. I believe that the movie was misleading and the ending was God awful. It was implied, we don't know if her parents are both alive but we are left to assume that her mother is no longer alive in the dimension she returned from. The past was altered so I would've like to have seen some positive results as to her decisions Tree made in the past.