Heathers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heathers Reviews

November 10, 2017
This movie was amazing and describes high school very well I loved it so much
½ November 1, 2017
It has its moments, and Winona and Shannen were among the hottest girls of my generation, but I could have used more comedy and less darkness.
½ October 29, 2017
A great black comedy that influenced many to come. Even if it's ending is a bit stupid
½ October 22, 2017
Amazingly dark comedy film with great acting.
Think of 13 Reasons Why except instead of hipsters it's authentic 80's.
Definitely not an ideological mess
10/10
½ October 10, 2017
The story is good but the execution could be better.
September 21, 2017
I loved this film and I keep telling myself to go back and watch it. It is what we call a cult, a nice little cutting edge gem.
September 2, 2017
There's no honest to god way to explain just how amazing this movie is. Just see it and find out for yourself
½ September 1, 2017
Mean Girls gone wild
August 25, 2017
This is a light teen-style comedy that is good if you're in the mood for something not too serious.
August 10, 2017
Dark and fun with a beautiful aesthetic and stunning performances. A fun sleepover movie for those who aren't too squemish.
August 4, 2017
I'm sure I missed the point of this film. But it was ultimately very stupid and dark.
July 29, 2017
Funny, fine acting, and a story that will bring laughs.
½ July 12, 2017
Weird but good. Social commentary and satire weren't what I was expecting. Holds up pretty well (though a solid third of the film would NEVER be made today. Entertaining.
July 6, 2017
This movie was spectacular! It will leave you thinking of it for weeks, and always wanting more. It's romantic yet psychotic, and puts a great twist on the average high school flick. (Also young Christian Slater is a hottie so that helps 100%)
July 4, 2017
Black comedy about a girl who meets a guy whom she likes, only to find out he wants her to help him do some very bad things. I've had mixed feelings about this movie. I never liked Christian Slater in the role as JD. But I did like Winona Ryder. I also thought the message of the movie was excellent but poorly executed. So I guess you can say I don't like this movie that much.
½ July 1, 2017
This pitch black comedy is pure satiric gold, with its controversial look at teen suicide and school shootings done with hysterical poignancy. This film could never be made today, but it's just as impactful, shocking, and down right hilarious as it was in 1989.
½ June 21, 2017
A grim and dark premise but an interesting and deep message.
June 8, 2017
I wasn't expecting to love this movie as much as I did, a great cult classic, with dark humor and an strange mix between a comedy and a thriller. A young Winona Ryder giving one of her bests.
June 5, 2017
Heathers seeks to be a dark comic send-up of the high-school film genre, but fails for too much dark and not enough comedy. Winona Ryder and Christian Slater are both deliciously subversive. Michael Lehmann's filming of gauzy primary-color sets is superb. But the plot of Daniel Waters's screenplay ultimately falls flat.