Heathers Reviews

• Aug 11, 2019

I love Winona Ryder. She's the kind of girl that I would have a huge crush on in high school. She's nerdy and weird in the best way. Christian Slater's great too. He's someone I'd hang out with, kick back, throw back a couple of beers with. Obviously he has psychopathic motives and tendencies but he was great in True Romance. This movie tackles suicide the way it should be. Unglorifying it, being there for the people you really care about, and surrounding yourself with the right people. It still astounds me to this day how some people find being popular the most important thing in the world. Slater's character kind of plays the devil on Veronica's shoulder coaxing her to do bad things. This movie tackles some pretty hard hitting and important topics. Topics that if you we're to show them in a more serious manner, people would probably be offset by it. The movie gets quite dark towards the end and we realize how fucked in the head JD really is. The reason this movie is so good is that it makes you think about the things that are going on today and how relevant it is with todays school shootings and mass murders. With how caught up and sick people become with wanting to be popular through social media. It causes illnesses in the brain when we start to compare ourselves to others. Awesome movie. I'm watching again.

• Aug 11, 2019

"Heathers" is definitely a unique high school movie that works decently well as a satire. I actually found myself really engaged about halfway through this movie. Then at a certain point, I just started to gradually lose interest in the story. The movie is entertaining if you like dark humor, which I can from time to time. I can see what type of points the movie was trying to make, I just didn't find all of it be all that entertaining. I enjoyed the actors in the movie and found a good amount of it to be somewhat funny too. Overall, I think its a unique satire, but just an okay movie.

• Jul 24, 2019

This is the first movie of Winona and Christian, and it absolutely blew me away. I was speechless at how this movie was truly amazing. Their characters! Veronica! JD!! The Heathers! It screams one of the best high school movies ever. This was what defined my favorite genre.

• Jul 17, 2019

A minor classic that has only got better with age.

A minor classic that has only got better with age.

• Jul 15, 2019

Another movie everyone adored that just left me scratching my head just trying to figure out why. This was stupid. Not even gonna get inti why.

• Jul 13, 2019

This is my absolute favorite movie. It's a must-watch for everyone at least once. Without Heathers, Jawbreaker and Mean Girls would have never been made.

• Jul 02, 2019

"Well, F*ck me gently with a chainsaw." exactly how i felt after watching this. Shocking yet funny, and so very 80's, this movie is great at conveying a message that still feels relevant 30 years later.

• Jul 01, 2019

The word bizarre comes to mind when I think of Heathers. Winona Ryder and Christian Slater are completely irresistible, and the wickedly weird nature of this movie certainly does keep one's eyes glued to the screen. Heathers turns the teen comedy genre on its head and remains a classic to this day.

• Jun 28, 2019

Funny, dark, and thought-provoking and with great lead performances from Ryder and Slater. Not only a classic teen movie but just a classic movie.

• Jun 23, 2019

While this movie may be a bit dark for some, this movie is in my top five, maybe even top three. It's dark, witty, it's very clever, it knows what it is. It's part high school movie satire, part drama, part comedy, and part thriller. Because of the themes of suicide, murder, and domestic terrorism, this movie would not fly today, it never would have been made. I'm so glad it was made when it was, otherwise we would have missed a truly unique and fantastic movie. While most movies will push the message that everyone has a heart and soul and mind, the school bullies and worst people you know included, that there's more to these people than meets the eye, Heathers gives a more cynical view. These school bullies and jocks and popular girls don't have anything more to them than what meets the eye. All they have to offer the world is "date rape and AIDS joke," according to JD, and he's right. But that doesn't give anyone the right to determine if they are allowed to be here or not. It's a very new take on the idea of how we think of bad people, even thirty years later. This film also gives us a really good look into the mind of a teenage killer and, I dare say, allows us to sympathize with the villain who is undeniably a bad person. JD is awful. He's abusive, he's evil, he's nihilistic, he's murderous. And yet somehow, you can't help but wish he had turned a new leaf long ago and let go of his anger so that he could've lead a good life. Heathers never gets in to the dangerous waters of babying or glamorizing a murderer, it simply gives you the option to see why JD is like this and how this could've been prevented. Love this movie. Go see it for yourself, you won't regret it.