The House Bunny Reviews

• Mar 26, 2019

I will always love this movie. This one made me wish there was a sequel!

I will always love this movie. This one made me wish there was a sequel!

• Dec 06, 2018

It's a very goofy comedy with some good humour and adult situations, without showing full nudity. There are many sexual references and generally a lot of mature content, so I wouldn't recommend for children under 12-13. It has a cast with familiar faces such as Anna Faris and Emma Stone, and is just about what you would expect from a movie about a Playboy Bunny who gets evicted and joins a sorority. It's not a bad movie at all, it's just not the most appealing to everyone. Overall, The House Bunny is a good movie for a girls night in or to give yourself a little giggle after a tough day

• Dec 01, 2018

The House Bunny as you can probably tell is not a flick that is sought after to view, but as it's one of those films you can just throw on while streaming, it can still get the review treatment. A product of Happy Madison (which already raises an eyebrow of concern), The House Bunny is Anna Farris once again being slightly left of brilliant comedienne in most of the things she makes in a Playboy Playmate meets a sorority narrative. The concept sorta makes sense. From one dysfunctional community to another, on paper The House Bunny could potentially work. In reality it does, but only in the way those early 2000s college comedies worked, just not as well. The House Bunny is not consistently funny. Hell, it takes a while to get going with its characters and the silly stupidity behind the humour. After a while, you sorta give into the comedy. You won't laugh out loud and you won't laugh much, but when you do it's something silly that might have caught you off guard. It might have done better if it were allowed to go cruder. With the choice of including the world of Playboy into the concept, maybe in other hands and more (im)mature writing, The House Bunny would really be let free. Instead, you get a safe film and story where you know where it's going, but wish it went a bit more flashy and entertaining. It's definitely saved by its stars, Anna Farris and Emma Stone are both highlights playing stupidly dumb and awkwardly smart respectively. And that soundtrack is so pitch perfect for 2008. Overall, not the best. If you want some white noise on Amazon Prime at the moment, however, it's a solid option.

• Jul 24, 2018

Imperfect and silly but irresistibly fun.

Imperfect and silly but irresistibly fun.

• Apr 14, 2018

"The House Bunny" is a formulaic and predictable comedy that manages to be consistently funny courtesy of Anna Faris' likable and engaging performance.

• Mar 27, 2018

So I've watched this a million times. I just love love love it

So I've watched this a million times. I just love love love it

• Feb 18, 2018

This movie is underrated and far funnier than is given credit. I get it. Everything about this movie tells you it should suck but Anna Faris pulls this off.

• Feb 18, 2018

Not horrible to watch 1 time.

Not horrible to watch 1 time.

• Dec 30, 2017

Bad movie. While its concept is fairly interesting, its humor is predictable and dull, its themes are confused and horribly sexist and its performances are middling, Faris being the best.

• Oct 12, 2017

About what you expect from a Happy Madison production. Pretty lame. Had a few laughs, so not a waste, but dont expect a "good" movie. I didnt have to tell you that though did I? Also found it strange that the night i saw this was the night Hugh died. Crazy.